• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

L

LeonardChurch

Mar 24, 2023
Pretty much what the title says. I want any tips and tricks on how to get over the fear of suicide. Anything that can help. Please and thanks.

E

eashanm

Master
Feb 22, 2023
Let me know if you find anything that helps.

Reactions: epic and LeonardChurch
Octavia

Octavia

“I’d… rather kill myself.”
Mar 4, 2023
I've found out that reminding myself of all the awful things I am running away from is sufficient to override my survival instinct for a few seconds. I did manage to bring myself to pull the metaphorical trigger during my first retirement attempt, but unfortunately it failed due to the retailer adding oxygen in their helium canisters. Quite the annoyance, but I will not fail again.

Reactions: Kowachii and LeonardChurch
Azora

Azora

Apr 13, 2023
"Fear" is another way of saying "anxiety". Prescription anti-anxiety meds can help.

Alcohol also helps take your mind off it and stops you from thinking too much. Getting drunk is pretty common for people who kill themselves.

Reactions: LeonardChurch and 7thundercloud
holohound

holohound

Apr 13, 2023
I understand and am in the same boat. Anything that lowers your inhibition like alcohol and drugs, though I understand that may not be something everyone has easy access to. Weed helps me. Otherwise though I know it's hard, try to focus on how much sooner you'll be out of the pain once you've CTB and use that to override flight or fight.

Reactions: LeonardChurch
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There are no easy answers to this question and I think that those who could probably answer the question the best have already left this world. But I think that when it comes to suicide I believe that those who went through with it had a method that they felt confident in and they just knew that the time was right for them to leave, or maybe they just got desperate.

M

Mr. ‘K so?

Student
Mar 4, 2020

That's what I was told about getting shot at

Y

Young.Werther

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I don't know that it can be forced per se. I think that if that's what you want, you just sort of need to get everything ready and then wait to be emotionally ready. I'm pretty sure pro-life literature reflects this as well; from what I've read they only really consider you "dangerous" if you express both imminent desire and describe having a means.

I've only been close enough a small handful of times (although in hindsight a few of those times my means would probably not have worked). I'm obviously still here (with some regrets but...), but when you're close you know it. For me, something needs to really set me off, beyond the normal day-to-day level of desperation/depression. Just my thoughts though, and obviously I didn't end up on the bus (or even manage to actually try).

One other thing I will say is that I've realized that this is a decision you have to make on your own. For the most part, people don't get to have any support with the decision. It's terribly lonely and I hate it, but these are the rules that the pro-life majority have imposed :(

Reactions: Mr. ‘K so?