• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
speaking of silly questions, I've got one - after 20 minutes, when the coal is glowing, aka ready for some cooking, do you keep it inside the starter, under the fire, and wait till it turns white, and then transfer it to a grill or whatever,
or do you move it to a grill and wait until it turns white there, without the fire/heat from the starter?

S

samuraiwarrior

Feb 28, 2019
Keep it simple. Seal all the windows first leaving only the door & the reason we keep 20 mins outside is so that the room doesnt fill with smoke. So the easiest thing is, burn the charcoal and once the smoke disappears empty it in a pan (dont keep it in the chimney starter). Then put in the room. And then seal the door as well and go to sleep. There's a guy on youtube who used paper towel soaked in olive oil and the charcoal burnt with very little smoke. I will put the link here if I find.

And regarding the quantity of charcoal, you can be rest assured that if the place is an apartment or a room that is sealed properly, 2 KG would be more than enough. Two people in Japan killed themselves in a car by having just 2 briquettes burning. Even if you get poor quality charcoal it will still release lethal levels of CO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deivis and dmoroden
Edrudd

Edrudd

Student
Feb 24, 2019
I'm scared of co poisoning. It seems it's not that easy

W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
I'm scared of co poisoning. It seems it's not that easy
yeah, a lot of factors. don't risk if you're not sure - test it out first. on the CO megathread there's some
good advice. read from the end backwards, there is this user Joannf I think, she described how you
could even measure big concentrations with a cheap meter, if you have the energy and will, that is…
also the 8chan article on the first page is good

Edrudd

Edrudd

Student
Feb 24, 2019
yeah, a lot of factors. don't risk if you're not sure - test it out first. on the CO megathread there's some
good advice. read from the end backwards, there is this user Joannf I think, she described how you
could even measure big concentrations with a cheap meter, if you have the energy and will, that is…
also the 8chan article on the first page is good
I will search a lot more if I choose to go with co thanks

D

dmoroden

Feb 13, 2019
Keep it simple. Seal all the windows first leaving only the door & the reason we keep 20 mins outside is so that the room doesnt fill with smoke. So the easiest thing is, burn the charcoal and once the smoke disappears empty it in a pan (dont keep it in the chimney starter). Then put in the room. And then seal the door as well and go to sleep. There's a guy on youtube who used paper towel soaked in olive oil and the charcoal burnt with very little smoke. I will put the link here if I find.

And regarding the quantity of charcoal, you can be rest assured that if the place is an apartment or a room that is sealed properly, 2 KG would be more than enough. Two people in Japan killed themselves in a car by having just 2 briquettes burning. Even if you get poor quality charcoal it will still release lethal levels of CO.

Im the only one thinking this is great?? i dont know why it makes me more positive with this way of lighting it up ^^

Thanks man!

Deivis

Deivis

Seul contre tous
Jul 23, 2018
You guys are thinking of CO like you've only got one round to fire?
Please! Do as many trial runs as your budget allows you to.
Use stopwatch to measure the time needed for coals to cook.
Write it down. Measure the time to see how long they would keep smoldering (one hour? two hours?).
Etc etc.... If you mean it - you can do it.

V

vfghjkjhilkj

Nov 4, 2018
You guys are thinking of CO like you've only got one round to fire?
Please! Do as many trial runs as your budget allows you to.
Use stopwatch to measure the time needed for coals to cook.
Write it down. Measure the time to see how long they would keep smoldering (one hour? two hours?).
Etc etc.... If you mean it - you can do it.

Many of us do not have the time, money or even space to ourselves to conduct trials on how much CO is produced.

Anyway, this is totally unnecessary and only serves to stop someone from doing it for real. If you've got enough charcoal and a small enough (private) space, there is nothing to worry about. People overthink CO so much, to the point that they do not even attempt it, and they spread this view onto others. I've seen people make stupid mistakes like bringing in the coals when they are still black, not white.. like wtf? Sometimes I really question the intellectual capacity of these people. It is guaranteed to work if you make sure it is not hot, white, smokeless, and use lots of it in a very small sealed space. But if it doesn't work, you won't be left severely brain damaged. Obviously if you are dying and someone found you, then you will be severely brain damaged, but that is a separate issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: dmoroden
J

Janica333

Dec 5, 2018
Why not write to people who can do tests for it?

I have seen that this place may not be good for terminally ill because people with failed attempts (done impulsively and not even close to right) and their own fear and depression try to scare you to same place where they are.

Euthanasia sites have right info.

I wish we could have own thread for terminally ill here.

T

time2go

Student
Mar 5, 2019
Charcoal sounds a safe bet of you don't over think it, seems too work well in asia where they just go for it. I'm going too compare it with sn just too be certain.

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
This was my experience. I filled up a chimney starter twice for 30 minutes each and emptied it all into a steel bucket and left it for 30 maybe 40 minutes to cool down a little (it's very hot). I closed the air vents in the car. It was then placed in the back of the car, still very warm, sitting on bricks, which were in a large pan of water. The bucket wasn't touching the water, just resting on bricks, which had absorbed some water. The coals were nicely gray on top, more red in the bottom half, no smoke. All this was in the back of an estate car. I covered the top 75 percent of the bucket with aluminium foil to prevent too much heat escaping and damaging the roof lining. I taped up with gaffer tape all the door and boot joints, apart from my entry door. During this time the doors had been closed. I smoked a cigarette, downed a handful of benzos and a few glasses of pastis and got in. From closing the car doors to getting in was about 20 minutes.

I opened the car door, and got it and then remember nothing until waking up feeling very spaced out about 6 hours later, with the car door still open and the coals extinguished.

I put this failure down to two possibilities... too much alcohol and benzos knocking me out before i could close the car door. Or the concentration of co being so high that it knocked me out immediately. Bearing in mind that i took the benzos immediately before getting in i'd be surprised if it was that that ko'd me so immediately. I think it was a high concentration of co so that i didn't have time to close the door. My preferred plan now is to place the coals in the car, take the benzos and alcohol, tape up the seams.. all done in 5 minutes. Wait for the effect of the drugs to begin to kick in and get in 10 minutes after the coals, making an effort to get in and close the door in a single movement in case the co is already quite high. And if it fucks up again it will be straight in with the coals and the benzos.

Happy days.

Reactions: saw_him and Deivis
Deivis

Deivis

Seul contre tous
Jul 23, 2018
This was my experience. I filled up a chimney starter twice for 30 minutes each and emptied it all into a steel bucket and left it for 30 maybe 40 minutes to cool down a little (it's very hot).

Its always great to read a first-hand testimony! You were so close. Do you remember if you were holding your breath when getting in? It's the most important thing in this whole venture.

I don't understand it fully, however... If you didnt shut the door, you were not breathing any CO - it would have escaped it easily. But if you did, I don't think you'd be still with us.. Or maybe you have opened it instinctively after some short time...

406metallicblue

Student
Sep 7, 2018
It's hard to say what happened. The co levels might have been so high that as soon as i opened the door and got in it ko'd me. I have read about people walking into a high co environment and passing out immediately. It's possible unconsciously i opened the door after getting in who knows. The way to avoid this is to not let the co build up first, which brings in other issues people worry about such as nausea and headaches. I figure this could work out one of several ways 1. you feel ill and get out, 2.you feel ill but pass out soon afterwards or 3 you feel nothing. I think that's why alcohol and benzos might be necessary are necessary to put you to sleep as the co builds up.

T

time2go

Student
Mar 5, 2019
It's hard to say what happened. The co levels might have been so high that as soon as i opened the door and got in it ko'd me. I have read about people walking into a high co environment and passing out immediately. It's possible unconsciously i opened the door after getting in who knows. The way to avoid this is to not let the co build up first, which brings in other issues people worry about such as nausea and headaches. I figure this could work out one of several ways 1. you feel ill and get out, 2.you feel ill but pass out soon afterwards or 3 you feel nothing. I think that's why alcohol and benzos might be necessary are necessary to put you to sleep as the co builds up.
Did you suffer any symptoms when you regained consciousness?

John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
This was my experience. I filled up a chimney starter twice for 30 minutes each and emptied it all into a steel bucket and left it for 30 maybe 40 minutes to cool down a little (it's very hot). I closed the air vents in the car. It was then placed in the back of the car, still very warm, sitting on bricks, which were in a large pan of water. The bucket wasn't touching the water, just resting on bricks, which had absorbed some water. The coals were nicely gray on top, more red in the bottom half, no smoke. All this was in the back of an estate car. I covered the top 75 percent of the bucket with aluminium foil to prevent too much heat escaping and damaging the roof lining. I taped up with gaffer tape all the door and boot joints, apart from my entry door. During this time the doors had been closed. I smoked a cigarette, downed a handful of benzos and a few glasses of pastis and got in. From closing the car doors to getting in was about 20 minutes.

I opened the car door, and got it and then remember nothing until waking up feeling very spaced out about 6 hours later, with the car door still open and the coals extinguished.

I put this failure down to two possibilities... too much alcohol and benzos knocking me out before i could close the car door. Or the concentration of co being so high that it knocked me out immediately. Bearing in mind that i took the benzos immediately before getting in i'd be surprised if it was that that ko'd me so immediately. I think it was a high concentration of co so that i didn't have time to close the door. My preferred plan now is to place the coals in the car, take the benzos and alcohol, tape up the seams.. all done in 5 minutes. Wait for the effect of the drugs to begin to kick in and get in 10 minutes after the coals, making an effort to get in and close the door in a single movement in case the co is already quite high. And if it fucks up again it will be straight in with the coals and the benzos.

Happy days.
When did you drink the alcohol beforehand? Do you have any brain damage do you think?