BillyBob

BillyBob

Jun 14, 2018
I have three people who know I want to CTB. I have not told them when or where I will do it to prevent any interference.
Thing is they are completely fine with it since they know I am rather rational with my decision and know my situation.

Have talked to my parents about it also and have even offered to give them the money now to pay to be cremated as it is the cheapest option and I do not want a funeral at all. Was a rough chat for sure. Similar situation as above though since I am an adult.

It all depends on how trust worthy you know people and will react. For many people here the situation is they have no one to talk to but for people here on SS which I honestly feel bad for.

Reactions: Al_stargate
T

Treeline589

Experienced
Dec 14, 2021
I've told my therapist. I also have a friend irl that knows I plan on doing it, she just doesn't know how or when I plan on doing it.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It's no big secret that I'm gonna die this year but some of my friends either don't believe me or think that when the time comes they'll be able to convince me otherwise.

Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
I wish I could tell my family and they would understand, that way it wouldn't be so hard on them when I do... I just want them to know I'm not happy, and I'm not going to be.

Reactions: Al_stargate
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
I've hinted at my suicidal thoughts but usually I just get a dismissal. I would not want to leave my family blindsided. To let them mentally prepare for that possibility. I don't want to bring it too much though, because it may seem like I'm searching for attention or help which I'm not. If I decide to go that route, I plan to have a bit more open conversation which will probably just be a shitshow. I won't say it out loud but will hint at it a bit more and leave some instructions on what I would want after. When you're down people really start patronizing you, everyone thinks they're so much better, you can really see the ego come out.

OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
Talked about it a lot, but kinda stopped recently. A sign it's getting closer?

C

corvoscuro

Feb 24, 2022
Not open because I have health issues so nothing could be fixed. Second, if I tell someone I could be committed to a hospital. Third, if you tell someone, and then you're able eventually to kill yourself, that person might feel a big burden for not having been able to save you.

Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
Third, if you tell someone, and then you're able eventually to kill yourself, that person might feel a big burden for not having been able to save you.
Good point, never thought of that. Telling people would probably be understood as a plea for help as opposed to just trying to let them know. But then if a person decides to ctb what can be done really. I think a bigger burden would be a family member discovering the body, so for that reason maybe it's better to do it in a hotel room.

L

Looooser

My 2 cents
Feb 3, 2022
There are a couple of people that know I've made a few attempts but I don't think anyone knows truly how close I've come to ctb. Or how much I truly suffer. But I feel like they would understand when that time comes.