NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
33 (now)

How old were you when you realized that the very fact of existing in this world is ridiculous and unique?
27, after I had decided I would try to live again only to be struck down by injury that led to chronically pain.

How old were you when you realized that you were different from other people?

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I feel like I've felt that way on some level for as long as I've been alive but it wasn't until I was 5 when I really started to notice.

How old were you when you first noticed somebody younger than you was ridiculously famous and felt old for it?

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
I feel like I've felt that way on some level for as long as I've been alive but it wasn't until I was 5 when I really started to notice.

How old were you when you first noticed somebody younger than you was ridiculously famous and felt old for it?
26. Where I'm from there's this father-and-son duo who're Tiktok superstars. Worst of all, people like them remind me of the relationship I'll never have.

For those of you who've been in a cult (religious or otherwise), how old were you when you left?

• Hugs
N

Nicothe13th

Student
Jan 6, 2021
I've never lost my virginity, I will die chaste and pure.

how old were you the first time you joined a forum?
You know if you didn't want to die chaste and pure, hmu

Sex is great haha

• Wow
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
For those of you who've been in a cult (religious or otherwise), how old were you when you left?
I left this unanswered since I've never really been part of a cult. I mean I went to Sunday school a few times but not regularly. Last time I even went to a church was when I was maybe like 21.

How old were you when you became absolutely 100% certain of your sexual identity?

• Hugs
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I left this unanswered since I've never really been part of a cult. I mean I went to Sunday school a few times but not regularly. Last time I even went to a church was when I was maybe like 21.

How old were you when you became absolutely 100% certain of your sexual identity?

This is hard to say. I knew since I was a kid that I was attracted to both women and men. More sexually attracted to women, more romantically attracted to men. It's fluctuated throughout the years too. I never fantasized about a man sexually until I was 27, even though at that point I had been married to a man for years. Now I'm back to focusing more on women even romantically, which I very rarely experienced romantic feelings for them, besides a few celebrity crushes until my 30's. So my entire life, like with everything else, I've been all over the place with my sexual identity and I don't think it'll ever be set in stone.

How old were you when you experienced true shame?

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Dec 25, 2020
How old were you when you experienced true shame?
19, during internship. Full story here.

How old were you when you got your first game console?

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and ohhgeeitsme
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Dec 25, 2020
How old were you when you developed your first crush?
19. I had a crush on a video game character. It was embarrassing, come to think of it :ahhha:

How old were you when you started dreading social events?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
14/15. I started to dread high school dances because I was afraid I'd find the girl I was in love with there and that she'd think I was stalking her. The only high school dances I ever went to were junior prom and regular prom.

How old were you when you first watched an anime?

Reactions: foxdie
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
8 or 9 I think. I watched Pokemon from a young age lol. Although it never translated into a big interest in anime.

How old were you when you first realized politics was BS?

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think it was when I was around 10 and I watched multiple episodes of South Park which confirmed how bs politics are.

How old were you when the world was supposed to end? (December 21st, 2012)

Reactions: foxdie
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Y2K baby :sunglasses:. I wish now that it actually happened lol.

How old were you when you first discovered misanthropy?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020

How old were you when your education ended for whatever reason whether you dropped out or graduated (or now if you're still in school)?

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Studied non-stop from early childhood and still ongoing at 28.

How old were you when you first betrayed someone's trust?

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, 262653 and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I've probably done it a lot of times before this unintentionally or not but when I was a sophomore in high school so around 15/16 I was playing Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days on my Nintendo DS during lunch. One day when I got to the ending, which was really sad, I started crying these really ugly tears over the death of one of the characters. I was still in tears after lunch ended and I made my way to my next class. Two girls who happened to be in this class saw me crying and asked me what was wrong, in my hysteria I just kept shouting "She's gone! She's dead! I'll never get to see her again!" The girls started feeling really bad and doing their best to console me until one asked me who it was that died and that's when I said it was a character from a video game. "Really? A video game?" said one of them and then they hurried ahead of me to go to class and never spoke to me again. I guess I betrayed their trust this way by unwittingly getting them to feel bad for me. It only hit me later that I had done something wrong here because I was seriously too struck with genuine sadness at the time.

How old were you the first time you mourned for a real person's death?

• Aww..
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I guess, I'm really lucky, because I have very few relationships that could warrant serious mourning and all those people are still alive. My first experience with someone I really liked passing away was when I was 12 and my favourite teacher suddenly died from kidney failure, I was fairly devastated, but I don't think he was close enough to me to call that "mourning".

How old were you when you first experienced what you would describe as "serious heartbreak"?

• Hugs
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
21. The same incident that caused me so much more despair in my life.

How old were you when you reached your current height?

• Hugs
Reactions: GrumpyFrog and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Dec 25, 2020
How old were you when you reached your current height?
During my teenage years—can't exactly remember when. My height has been stagnant ever since.

I've probably done it a lot of times before this unintentionally or not but when I was a sophomore in high school so around 15/16 I was playing Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days on my Nintendo DS during lunch. One day when I got to the ending, which was really sad, I started crying these really ugly tears over the death of one of the characters. I was still in tears after lunch ended and I made my way to my next class. Two girls who happened to be in this class saw me crying and asked me what was wrong, in my hysteria I just kept shouting "She's gone! She's dead! I'll never get to see her again!" The girls started feeling really bad and doing their best to console me until one asked me who it was that died and that's when I said it was a character from a video game. "Really? A video game?" said one of them and then they hurried ahead of me to go to class and never spoke to me again. I guess I betrayed their trust this way by unwittingly getting them to feel bad for me. It only hit me later that I had done something wrong here because I was seriously too struck with genuine sadness at the time.
Only gamers will understand.

How old were you when you started to lose faith in humanity?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
DuckieWaddles

DuckieWaddles

Student
Nov 18, 2020
During my teenage years—can't exactly remember when. My height has been stagnant ever since.

Only gamers will understand.

How old were you when you started to lose faith in humanity?
12, just decided I'd seen enough

How old were you when you realized nobody has any idea what the fuck they're doing?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Too old, I think maybe like...24?...I don't really know why, I think I literally just woke up one day and this epiphany clicked with me.

How old were you when you first drank coffee?

Reactions: GrumpyFrog
DuckieWaddles

DuckieWaddles

Student
Nov 18, 2020
8, grew up drinking coffee every day
How old were you when you first put on a suit/dress/formal clothing?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
5 or 6 I think. My dad made me wear them to some family gathering that I honestly can't remember what the occasion was for. Maybe a cousin's graduation or something?

How old were you when you moved to wherever you currently live?

Reactions: DocNo
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
i changed from the big city to a smaller when i was 42. still happy that i made that change.

how old were you when you lied for the first time?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think I was very young like maybe 5 or 6 I guess. I used to make my youngest sister lie for me whenever I accidentally made her cry and my parents tried to check what was going on. In my defense, she would cry if I just asked her what her favorite color was.

How old were you when your youngest sibling was born? If you have one that is.

Reactions: Scribble Fan
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
I was 4 years old. I still remember being introduced to him for the first time, that was a happy day.

How old were you when you first wanted to CTB?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I had always felt miserable due to my parents arguing so much but I think 15 was when I really REALLY want to CTB and it was because I played Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon and let all the characters permanently die.

How old were you when you first organized a party by yourself at your own house?

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
No years old, I don't like big group gatherings and especially not at my tiny place where everything might get dirty really quickly. I had some birthday parties as a kid though...the last one when I was around 14-15.

How old were you when you started to realize your life wasn't going in a direction you wanted it to?

• Hugs
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
19. I was struggling in my animation degree even though I thought it was the one thing I wanted to do in life. It turns out I am actually not very good and I can't get better because I only like to draw to avoid having to do anything productive and once my body learned that drawing can be productive it stopped wanting to do that. Ironically, it was an animated movie that finally convinced me to leave the major: Frozen's Let It Go scene. That and Monsters University to let my impossible dream go.

How old were you when you decided you either love or hate Disney?

• Hugs
Reactions: W’ren
W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
I think i was around 5 when i knew i loved Disney movies- I saw The Rescuers, and just loved Evenrude (the dragonfly, of course!! ~ dragonflies are sacred to me now~)
I fell even more in love with Disney when The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast came out in theatres. Especially the Little Mermaid. She rebelled against everything- and i saw me in her. Weird eh? I saw me in bookworm Belle too... lol.
And i sang the songs to death!!

How old were you the first time you stole alcohol from your parents' alcohol cupboard?