awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
I shower one time per week. I start smelling like BO after about day 4 but I literally have no reason to shower after that. Pathetic.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Amumu, mediocre, shush and 14 others
2020wanderlust

2020wanderlust

Jun 10, 2020
Every day.. I have a physical job and I can't go to sleep if I feel grubby

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, MiserableBastard1995, Arrow and 5 others
A

Ae54rge

Dec 6, 2020
Every 2-3 days at most but in reality my physical health conditions require more frequent cleaning, I just don't care and let the wounds get infected, it turns to agony and I just hate myself for having this body

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, MiserableBastard1995 and 7 others
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Twice a week. I'm good with that.

• Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Buffy5120, BitterlyAlive_ and 1 other person
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
It's not pathetic at all! It can be really hard to convince yourself, especially if no one will notice.
I used to shower every day, now it's every other day, but in deep depression it was like once every 5

• Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Iamcharlie, Disappointered and 4 others
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
Pathetic.
Right now I do almost every day, but I have gone long periods (like you) due to depression/low energy.

I don't think "pathetic" is the best way to look at it. Sometimes all one seems to be able to do... is all one can do.
I literally have no reason to shower
You wrote this post because you noticed it, right? That can be the first step... It seems like you want to do better. Do it for yourself... if it makes you feel good... even if it is only 1%... do it for yourself...?

• Love
Reactions: Nightwillalwayswin, MiserableBastard1995, Iamcharlie and 6 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Every other day. It's one of the only times I get me space, and hot showers feel really good. Too lazy to do it daily.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, Buffy5120, Isadeth and 7 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Depends on how I feel. Usually every 2 days. I'm pretty sure this is off-topic btw :ahhha:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, Buffy5120, aeon and 5 others
Maka hiamoe

Maka hiamoe

Dec 10, 2020
Every day except when I forget which happens sometimes.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dortydoo, Skathon, BitterlyAlive_ and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
  • Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Amumu, MiserableBastard1995, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 4 others
LooksAtMoonDog

LooksAtMoonDog

Too Long in the Wasteland
Nov 10, 2020
Lol, not as often as I should probably, but then I'm not going anywhere and nobody's coming over to see me. Stink, stank, stunk; might as well get drunk.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Busdriver, foxdie and 3 others
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
Unless you suicide in the shower
Well I suppose that'd be a good way to dispose of vomit, plus you'd leave a squeaky clean corpse!

• Love
Reactions: not4us, foxdie, BitterlyAlive_ and 2 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Never :pfff:

My boiler doesn't appear to heat the water hot enough for an actual bath.

I tend to shower every other day if I'm not doing anything dirty. LOL no, not that kind of dirty, I mean gardening or the like. :blarg: If I'm getting dirty, then every day.

But I didn't used to. When I was dumped in The Bunker over a year ago, slowly dying and wasting away, I didn't shower for weeks at a time.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Isadeth, Lostandlooking and 5 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Well I suppose that'd be a good way to dispose of vomit, plus you'd leave a squeaky clean corpse!
SN in the bath might get nasty though.

• Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, elfgyoza, BitterlyAlive_ and 2 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Every day, in the summer sometimes twice a day

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, Lostandlooking, Miss_Takes and 4 others
laeloth

laeloth

Nov 24, 2020
When I work every day. Now every two or three days. I try to look good. Shaved and such so they don't get too suspicious.

Reactions: x~Sophia~x and Ghost2211
VisionsOfHell

VisionsOfHell

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Dont feel bad about it op. Humans didnt shower for most of history and they did fine :)

I shower twice a week because it feels nice.

• Hugs
Reactions: Steven88, Gnip, profoundexperience and 5 others
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
...yeah, uh, I posted about this a few times on my former account, but my hygiene has really spiraled for the past 13 months. I'm incredibly ashamed. I'm just gonna say you can count the amount of times I've showered since then on two hands, maybe. The amount of times I've showered since then on my own, without prompting from concerned people? .....I think less than five times.

:/ There are reasons. Depression, apathy, lack of energy, and being repulsed by my body. When I am higher-functioning, I shower every two or three days. When my depression worsens, it's once a week or even every two weeks.

I do keep myself somewhat presentable, keep myself from smelling. There's tricks for that, and deodorant is a must anyway.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, demuic, clownangel and 12 others
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
Every day, even if it's just a quick bath. I am obsessed with hygiene and smells :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Lostandlooking, Ghost2211 and 2 others
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Every day when the meds work to never when the infusions start to wear off.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211 and foxdie
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Definitely not enough :ahhha: If I had to see people on any regular basis I would do it daily for their sake haha. But I don't smell my own smell... yet. Maybe once a week haha.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, profoundexperience and Ghost2211
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
Right now I do almost every day, but I have gone long periods (like you) due to depression/low energy.

I don't think "pathetic" is the best way to look at it. Sometimes all one seems to be able to do... is all one can do.

You wrote this post because you noticed it, right? That can be the first step... It seems like you want to do better. Do it for yourself... if it makes you feel good... even if it is only 1%... do it for yourself...?
Living over the road in a truck and navigating a hectic schedule sometimes it just isn't possible. Many times it is and its my decision..Thanks for the advice.

Stinky

Reactions: Disappointered, Ghost2211, foxdie and 2 others
M

Miss_Takes

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Dec 4, 2020
I have always bathed daily and I do co sider it an indicator of declining mental health that for the first time in my life I am unconcerned with personal hygiene. I shower when I have to be in the presence of others still (weekly) but more because of shame than for hygiene or enjoyment. I do remember enjoying the shower ... the comforting and cleansing warmth ... sweet smells ... space to exhale.
I want to want that again.

• Hugs
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, x~Sophia~x, Lastsauce and 4 others
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
Every day. Sometimes twice. A hot shower is one of the few things I really enjoy. It helps with my muscle pains. Sometimes I like to fold up on the floor and chill there for a while.

• Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x, Miss_Takes, Ghost2211 and 2 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Once a day and sometimes 2 times a day if I go out. Everytime I go out I get sweaty immediately, I have hyperhydrosa and it's ruining my life and I feel like some water monster that leaves sweaty traces every where I go. If don't shower I feel disgusting so I have to do it at least once a day so that I can sleep in peace

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Lotus, Skathon and 4 others
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I do once or twice a day for showers. Sometimes three if I want a relaxing bath if I'm cold or sore. I feel better if I am clean.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sadworld, Ghost2211, Miss_Takes and 1 other person
Nimbus

Nimbus

Hanging on is hard
Dec 2, 2019
1-2x per week. It takes a lot of energy out of me but I usually feel better afterwards. I can't manage to take a quick shower. Every time I feel like, since it's been a few days since I've showered, I need to really scrub. I shave because I can't stand how the hair feels on my legs & underarms. If I have to wash my hair, that's even more of a production. It's just so draining to me that I have to work up the energy to do it. I don't judge anyone for how often they do or don't shower. However, I do a bit of a "whore bath" daily - just the important bits. :tongue:

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, x~Sophia~x, Ghost2211 and 5 others
kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
Very irregularly. The last time I showered was sometime last week. Sometimes I go months without showering. My record is 6 months.

When I was in the psych ward I'd shower every three days.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking, x~Sophia~x, Ghost2211 and 3 others
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Very irregularly. The last time I showered was sometime last week. Sometimes I go months without showering. My record is 6 months.

When I was in the psych ward I'd shower every three days.
They forced people to shower in the ward I was in.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Lostandlooking, Ghost2211 and 2 others