• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
I heard that short rope may be more prone to untying, plus you need to account for noose dropping down some distance after you kick the chair away

I have seen people hang using short and long ropes, everyone died all the same

Will a shorter rope hold and tighten properly or does one need 2-4 meters of it no matter what?

I wanna hang from pullup bar and I have no idea how to calculate for rope length in my case, how long should it be?

Attaching a pic of the bar itself

My height is 175cm and I am able to suspend myself so that my feet are off the ground, that area is a bit lower than the bar maybe 20-40 cm lower...

Attachments

• IMG_20220415_115904.jpg
    IMG_20220415_115904.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ClownMe
sunny/omori

sunny/omori

necessary? unnecessary?
Apr 3, 2022
If you drop too much you will wreck your neck, or even decapitate. In executions they used to do it that way because it was supossely more painless. They even had charts for drop distance according to weight and height.

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake
CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
If you drop too much you will wreck your neck, or even decapitate. In executions they used to do it that way because it was supossely more painless. They even had charts for drop distance according to weight and height.
No, no

You don't get it

I am not planning long drop, I wouldn't even be able to do that from that height

I meant the length of the rope from anchor point knot to the noose itself, like, how much does length matter

That's what l asked 😅

sunny/omori

sunny/omori

necessary? unnecessary?
Apr 3, 2022
Sorry, I am sleepy. I have not research this method but It should not matter the lenght of the rope. The tension is the same. Also, you will not sucess with that bar. You will climb the ladder when you soffocate. Dying hanging is the most awful method.

CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
Sorry, I am sleepy. I have not research this method but It should not matter the lenght of the rope. The tension is the same. Also, you will not sucess with that bar. You will climb the ladder when you soffocate. Dying hanging is the most awful method.
Well I don't have any other place, so I will succeed on this bar

H

Hate you

Apr 14, 2022
I heard that short rope may be more prone to untying, plus you need to account for noose dropping down some distance after you kick the chair away

I have seen people hang using short and long ropes, everyone died all the same

Will a shorter rope hold and tighten properly or does one need 2-4 meters of it no matter what?

I wanna hang from pullup bar and I have no idea how to calculate for rope length in my case, how long should it be?
The size of the rope doesn't matter, as long as both ends of the rope are tied firmly, and the rope itself is strong enough to hold your weight, then you die. There's more info on hanging here:

https://suicidewiki.org/Hanging

Reactions: OnlyTheWind and NearlyIrrelevantCake
CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
The size of the rope doesn't matter, as long as both ends of the rope are tied firmly, and the rope itself is strong enough to hold your weight, then you die. There's more info on hanging here:

https://suicidewiki.org/Hanging
Thank you but I did go through wiki, I was wondering if anyone knows for real, wiki doesn't say anything about length of the think

Reactions: Shu
BigG91

BigG91

I'd rather be homeless with good health.
Aug 21, 2021
Thank you but I did go through wiki, I was wondering if anyone knows for real, wiki doesn't say anything about length of the think
Length doesn't matter as you'll not be dropping. Your feet shouldn't touch the ground and the knot should be tied properly... anyhow you will suffer 30s - 1 min from suffocation

Reactions: OnlyTheWind
CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
Length doesn't matter as you'll not be dropping. Your feet shouldn't touch the ground and the knot should be tied properly... anyhow you will suffer 30s - 1 min from suffocation
Yes, my feet wouldn't be touching the ground

Can you please explain what do you mean by "tying knots properly"

I can tie a simple noose knot that slips and snuggle hitch

There aren't many ways to tie these knots

Anything else I should know?
By the way, the amount of distance that noose drops after you kick off the chair, how much is it usually? Is it affected by rope's stretchiness? How do I make sure that noose won't drop much and rather stay in place?

BigG91

BigG91

Aug 21, 2021
Yes, my feet wouldn't be touching the ground

Can you please explain what do you mean by "tying knots properly"

I can tie a simple noose knot that slips and snuggle hitch

There aren't many ways to tie these knots

Anything else I should know?
By the way, the amount of distance that noose drops after you kick off the chair, how much is it usually? Is it affected by rope's stretchiness? How do I make sure that noose won't drop much and rather stay in place?
Properly as in tie the noose/Slip knot and test it by putting your arm around it or hanging on it so see if it tightens smoothly and I've also read oiling or using soap on the rope helps too to make hanging more effective....the goal should be to loose consciousness as fast as possible.

Rope should not be the stretchy kind...you will have to measure that yourself but standing on the chair and then tightening the noose around your neck and then make assumptions on where to Tie the rope to the anchor point... You just should not touch the ground once suspended....

You are trying short drop full suspension hanging .. NOT long drop that they do in executions so please know the differences..

Watch this video too for more info.

CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
Properly as in tie the noose/Slip knot and test it by putting your arm around it or hanging on it so see if it tightens smoothly and I've also read oiling or using soap on the rope helps too to make hanging more effective....the goal should be to loose consciousness as fast as possible.

Rope should not be the stretchy kind...you will have to measure that yourself but standing on the chair and then tightening the noose around your neck and then make assumptions on where to Tie the rope to the anchor point... You just should not touch the ground once suspended....

You are trying short drop full suspension hanging .. NOT long drop that they do in executions so please know the differences..

Watch this video too for more info.

Yes, thank you, already seen the video and got my knots right ☺️👍

Noted 👌

CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
Maybe this picture will help get my point across?

Attachments

• mc-photo_2022-04-16_12-17-47.jpg
    mc-photo_2022-04-16_12-17-47.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 0
BigG91

BigG91

Aug 21, 2021
I am 175cm tall, I mentioned that in the post
Okay so do you have the rope with you ?

If you do then .. tie the knot....put it around your neck and tighten it ... Stand on the chair put the other end of the rope over the bar and tie the rope to the bar by leaving it a bit loose so that you can get out....
After getting out check the rope and bar knot/hitch by trying to hold on to it and hang on the rope for some time with your arms.

Then you practice slowly letting go of the chair while your head is in the noose....if it slowly tighten when you're getting off the chair you're good.

• Informative
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus
CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
Okay so do you have the rope with you ?

If you do then .. tie the knot....put it around your neck and tighten it ... Stand on the chair put the other end of the rope over the bar and tie the rope to the bar by leaving it a bit loose so that you can get out....
After getting out check the rope and bar knot/hitch by trying to hold on to it and hang on the rope for some time with your arms.

Then you practice slowly letting go of the chair while your head is in the noose....if it slowly tighten when you're getting off the chair you're good.
Yes, I do have rope with me

Trying to hold on to noose like a pullup ring or hold on to rope between noose and anchor point?

Or you mean rope pullup, like second photo?

Oh OK, I get it!

Will try soon, carefully :ahhha::ahhha:

Thank you!

Attachments

• ring-pull-up.png
    ring-pull-up.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 61VK9rLcwcL._AC_SL1275_.jpg
    61VK9rLcwcL._AC_SL1275_.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 0
BigG91

BigG91

Aug 21, 2021
Yes, I do have rope with me

Trying to hold on to noose like a pullup ring or hold on to rope between noose and anchor point?

Or you mean rope pullup, like second photo?

Oh OK, I get it!

Will try soon, carefully :ahhha::ahhha:

Thank you!
Yes like a rope pull up shown in the second picture...

BigG91

BigG91

Aug 21, 2021
Thank you ☺️

Any other advice for full suspension hanging?
Nope i think it's pretty simple and straightforward.

I think the doctor in the video explained it pretty well about what happens when you hang.

Why do you wanna hang if i may ask .
Seems like it's an impulsive thing to do...you could try some other methods too like SN

CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
Nope i think it's pretty simple and straightforward.

I think the doctor in the video explained it pretty well about what happens when you hang.

Why do you wanna hang if i may ask .
Seems like it's an impulsive thing to do...you could try some other methods too like SN
Life isn't worth it to me

SN too hard to get, too much bothering

Reactions: BigG91
thedaywillcome

thedaywillcome

I will leave soon
Apr 2, 2022
I think strength of the rope and if the fixing point point do more matter than the length of the rope doesnt?

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Maybe this picture will help get my point across?
This setup will almost certainly work if you are not interrupted- after you start it is almost certain that your arms and legs will flail about as they lose oxygen, they do this to try to get oxygen- you arms and legs will likely bang repeatedly into the metal ladder and make a fair amount of noise. If someone else is in the house when you do this you will be found and pulled down before you would ctb most likely. If this is in an aprtment these sounds could alert a neighbor who would call police and you could be pulled down before you would ctb. I you are in house by yourself and you put on some music fairly loud to cover any sound than this could prevent a neighbor from overhearing this.

CloseFriendofCamus

CloseFriendofCamus

Lonely wanderer
Mar 14, 2022
This setup will almost certainly work if you are not interrupted- after you start it is almost certain that your arms and legs will flail about as they lose oxygen, they do this to try to get oxygen- you arms and legs will likely bang repeatedly into the metal ladder and make a fair amount of noise. If someone else is in the house when you do this you will be found and pulled down before you would ctb most likely. If this is in an aprtment these sounds could alert a neighbor who would call police and you could be pulled down before you would ctb. I you are in house by yourself and you put on some music fairly loud to cover any sound than this could prevent a neighbor from overhearing this.

I won't be interrupted

There won't be anybody at home when I will CTB

And neighbours never report any sounds, unless you're blasting rock on full volume, so no one will bother about random sounds

Walls are pretty thick

And the setup is fairly secure

Wall mounted metal pullup bar with enough height, it is literally held by secure bolts driven straight through wood

It can easily hold more than 150-200kg, I weigh 80kg

The rope is also good, here's 2 ropes that I will receive soon

Both seem secure and can take tension easily 👍

I plan to cut some rope since I don't need extra rope

I will use snuggle hitch knot to tie it to bar and a simple slipknot/noose knot that slides

Attachments

• 6215317478.jpg
    6215317478.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 0
  • 6056580705.jpg
    6056580705.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 0722f040-9415-43e1-ae8a-5003a5e51a90.jpg
    0722f040-9415-43e1-ae8a-5003a5e51a90.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1ffbe6e0-4be7-42f4-be25-93482f00d707.jpg
    1ffbe6e0-4be7-42f4-be25-93482f00d707.jpg