J

Jen0804

Gone
Feb 24, 2019
Hey

For you tech savvy people
If people have your IP and other identifying information like latitude, longitude, ISPand IP address, is it possible for them to say, find me on here, if an admin from another forum was really determined and say I didn't use a proxy ?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I've seen admins find people on photo bucket and everything based on pasting certain things into Google. Maybe they had more details on those users but I found it fascinating

WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
This depends on how much PII they have. The more that they have the more they can work with. Something like an IP address will tell you the ISP and a general location. Think like the town or city.

You can test this by looking up what's my IP and checking the relevant data.

Yes, if someone was really determined they could. Theoretically, the could social engineer themselves as a relevant authority, call the ISP and state that there was suspicious traffic coming from your IP. Then, if they collected your DNS records they could see which websites you visited and when.

Yes, you can Google or Photobucket people of they give out the right information. Reverse image search is a thing. You can lookup website domain ownership information. It could even be as simple as cross referencing I graduated from X high school in A year and graduated from Y college in B year.

Possible, yes. How likely? How much did you skew the cost/benefit ratio to finding you?

Reactions: Stan and Jen0804