Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DyingToCTB

Jan 20, 2019
I was reading the N megathread and was surprised to see so many people still had their N. If I order it and it comes, I would be drinking it the very first day.

Reactions: Samuel, waived, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I was reading the N megathread and was surprised to see so many people still had their N. If I order it and it comes, I would be drinking it the very first day.

You got a belt? Why haven't you hanged yourself yet? Are you some kind of wuss? Man, if l had me a goddam BOOTLACE I'd have hanged myself off of this goddam light fitting right now, l wouldn't be sitting here typing like a pussy. In fact, if l just had me a tall building, I'd jump off of it right now. Straight away. I wouldn't give a fuck. I'd fucking love that shit.

So why haven't you?

Reactions: About_to_Go, brighter, Suicat and 12 others
D

DyingToCTB

Jan 20, 2019
You got a belt? Why haven't you hanged yourself yet? Are you some kind of wuss? Man, if l had me a goddam BOOTLACE I'd have hanged myself off of this goddam light fitting right now, l wouldn't be sitting here typing like a pussy. In fact, if l just had me a tall building, I'd jump off of it right now. Straight away. I wouldn't give a fuck. I'd fucking love that shit.

So why haven't you?

Just interested, is all. I guess my situation is I'm dying for a painless method to go. I'm impressed so many people here can resist temptation.,

I do have a belt, but the thought of hanging scares the shit out of me. I'd be long CTB if it didn't/

Reactions: waived, Boxoftools, ForestLove and 3 others
Aesthler

Aesthler

Death is the only God who comes when you call
Sep 25, 2018

So why haven't you?

I don't think anyones a wuss or a pussy for being alive still. People go at their own pace, survival instinct still resides in a lot of us and fear of complications or failures sometimes holds people back too.

Last edited:
Reactions: stellabelle, waived, Boxoftools and 6 others
D

DyingToCTB

Jan 20, 2019
I don't think anyone a wuss or a pussy for being alive still. People go at their own pace, survival instinct still resides in a lot of us and fear of complications or failures sometimes holds people back too.

I'm actually impressed by people's SI, to have N and not use it. I'm fantasizing about having it,

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Kellogg's, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
D

Deleted member 4993

Perhaps many just think ahead and acquire the means for the future.
It's wise to be prepared as life changes.

Reactions: WayOut, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 2 be or not and 4 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I don't think anyone a wuss or a pussy for being alive still. People go at their own pace, survival instinct still resides in a lot of us and fear of complications or failures sometimes holds people back too.

I know, l wasn't being entirely serious; l was trying to point out that the courage required to drink foul-tasting veterinary anaesthetic is identical to the courage required for any other method, and OP suggesting that he/she would "drink their N straight away" is bullshit, frankly.

Reactions: About_to_Go, brighter, WayOut and 5 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
I know, l wasn't being entirely serious; l was trying to point out that the courage required to drink foul-tasting veterinary anaesthetic is identical to the courage required for any other method, and OP suggesting that he/she would "drink their N straight away" is bullshit, frankly.

It recquires a lot of courage sure; but I don't think it's identical to any other method. I could never ever bring myself to jump; I did however run in front of a truck (not proud of it) and would be able to drink N. I think everyone has their own limits to what they can or can't do and certainly not all things recquire the same amount of courage.

Reactions: Nia, About_to_Go, waived and 11 others
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
Perhaps many just think ahead and acquire the means for the future.
It's wise to be prepared as life changes.
This. Once people have the equipment they can pretty much go all out in life until it gets unbearable. Then just down the n.

Reactions: WayOut, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 2 be or not and 3 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
It recquires a lot of courage sure; but I don't think it's identical to any other method. I could never ever bring myself to jump; I did however run in front of a truck (not proud of it) and would be able to drink N. I think everyone has their own limits to what they can or can't do and certainly not all things recquire the same amount of courage.

Of course, one method is more comfortable, more appealing, less terrifying than another; that's a judgement call for each individual. The courage required to bring about one's own ceasing to exist is the same however, regardless of method.

The OP is suggesting he'd ctb right now if only he had N. I'd counter that by saying if the need to ctb was so urgent and unrelenting, he'd manage just fine without it.

Reactions: brighter, WayOut, SLN1096 and 1 other person
SLN1096

SLN1096

I think heaven has a plot to take my life
Jan 5, 2019
I always think, if I lived in America I would just grab a gun and shoot myself in the head. But then again thoughts are different to actions and ctb isn't easy. Everyone has that survival instinct

Reactions: Samuel, WayOut, Retched and 7 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I'm no expert, but does N not have a shelf life?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and DyingToCTB
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
I used to think the same thing, but then I realized there is a serious risk of vomiting if anti emetics are not properly taken before hand. There are potential complications. It's not as simple as Just drinking the N. If it was that simple, it's likely I would have taken it also. It's shelf life is apparently a few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: ForestLove, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, DyingToCTB and 1 other person
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
Of course, one method is more comfortable, more appealing, less terrifying than another; that's a judgement call for each individual. The courage required to bring about one's own ceasing to exist is the same however, regardless of method.

The OP is suggesting he'd ctb right now if only he had N. I'd counter that by saying if the need to ctb was so urgent and unrelenting, he'd manage just fine without it.

I agree to an extent because hanging if done properly is nearly as painless and alot cheaper than N.

Reactions: WayOut, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Xerox and 1 other person
R

Robanon

"I know it's over. Still I cling."
Jan 12, 2019
also raises an interesting question (tho admin may see as of dubious legality so posed entirely hypothetically) about those people who buy N, look that in the face and think "actually no" then do with it. I am sure there would be a thriving 2nd hand market on here. All I am saying is if you have a bottle in the fridge....

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, DyingToCTB and Johnnythefox
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
also raises an interesting question (tho admin may see as of dubious legality so posed entirely hypothetically) about those people who buy N, look that in the face and think "actually no" then do with it. I am sure there would be a thriving 2nd hand market on here. All I am saying is if you have a bottle in the fridge....
I've got two bottles, only used once if you're interested?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 2 be or not, WayOut and 3 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018

Or similarly, get enough comfort from the knowledge that their method of choice is ready and available to use at any time of their choosing that this comfort provides enough will to continue, either temporarily or permanently. Questioning why people have N but haven't drank it is like questioning why someone with an accessible rail network hasn't gone under a train.

Reactions: brighter, WayOut, ForestLove and 1 other person
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018

I would argue against this. I think people can be more or less reconciled with death and that for different individuals it can require more or less courage. The state of mind with which we approach taking our own lives can differ. For example, I think that for someone who has been brought up in an extremely religious environment and believes that committing suicide will bring him eternal damnation the act requires more courage than for someone who believes it will be just like eternal sleep. Of course, both require a lot of courage but I am against putting everyone in the same pot and saying courage is courage, it is always the same.

Furthermore, committing suicide requires these two types of courage - one associated with the method itself, and one associated with, like you said, bringing about one's own ceasing to exist. So the courage would be x + y, a synthesis of these two, not just y (which, like I said, I think can also differ between individuals).

I agree with what I think is your main point though - that it requires more courage than we imagine even going through with a peaceful method like N. Peaceful does not equal easy.

Reactions: Jupiter, waived, ForestLove and 10 others
M

meowcat

Experienced
Aug 9, 2018

So why haven't you?
You are a asshole but it's allright.I'm aggressive too.If I had N I would drink it instantly.No second thoughts about it.
But I don't have it so i'm exploring other methods.
i'm not a coward just as you are not.
Please be a bit patient.
We are in a forum that is helpful both for the weak and the strong.

Reactions: ForestLove, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jenna and 4 others
J.E. Morrow

J.E. Morrow

Jan 8, 2019
Just interested, is all. I guess my situation is I'm dying for a painless method to go. I'm impressed so many people here can resist temptation.,

I do have a belt, but the thought of hanging scares the shit out of me. I'd be long CTB if it didn't/

Well, I guess it takes some time to "get used" to the method you've chosen. I got mine almost a week ago and I must say that at first I felt scared of it (after all it could kill a person) but now I'm starting to feel more comfortable with it. I know it sounds crazy but I hope it helps.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Xerox, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
Whatever @Johnnythefox is charging for empty glass bottles, I'll undercut. I've got fucking loads of them here, all available for no more than 500USD each.

• Yay!
Reactions: brighter, WayOut, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
Status
Not open for further replies.