• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

How long did you browse SaSu before making an account?

• Total voters
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
I think about the non-member visitors to the site a lot. Hi, by the way, non-member visitors 🫂 I hope your having a better day than I am (though, most of you probably aren't :( ) I've always wanted to make a post acknowledging you and saying hello, but I didn't think there was enough to say for a thread on it, lol

Well, now I'm wondering how long most people visit before they decide to join. I didn't join as soon as I heard about it, but I did as soon as I visited. I think I read the rules and FAQ before and not after joining, but that's all, lol. I wonder if I'm the odd one out, tho 🤔 How long did you take to join?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: AbusedInnocent, Alexei_Kirillov, AmIForReal and 9 others
Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
I pretty much joined right away, a while before I was desperately looking around for any website or place I can go to communicate with others about the deep dark topics about death without having to worry about being judged or concerning anyone since talking about it is basically impossible with people you know. After researching I found SaSu and I'm very thankful for it and I couldn't imagine not being a member because now I can express myself whether it is to vent, get support, or just help and relate to others.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: banger12, GoatHerder, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
C

CatLvr

Experienced
Aug 1, 2024
It took me about a week of lurking. I started out researching CTB and found myself wanting to respond to members who were asking questions I could answer, or were asking for opinions from others who had had experiences similar to them. Now, I don't have the constant thought of suicide. I do, however, have several friends here that I check up on. I hope I can return the favor to them and make them feel like they have made me feel. Like someone cares. And of course I'm more than happy to pay it forward to anyone who needs an encouraging word. Who would have thought. Not me. 🤷

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: banger12, GoatHerder, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

Student
Jun 16, 2024
On again off again for a long time

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: banger12, GoatHerder, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

人之初,性本恶
May 9, 2024
I lurked on here for years before I actually made an account. I was very deeply entrenched in my eating disorder at the time and didn't have the energy to make an account here.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, banger12, GoatHerder and 3 others
P

pearlontherange

Aug 18, 2024
I just made my account today after lurking for like ~ 2 months. It feels weird lol, like I basically use the site the same way, but actually having an account makes it feel more real if that makes sense.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AbusedInnocent, banger12, GoatHerder and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I applied to join within minutes. I was so happy to find this place and I'm still so grateful for it. Not just for the method information- which was the initial attraction. But for the conversations happening here. It's nice to have somewhere you can talk about just about everything and give your open, honest and usually pessimistic opinion without other people trying to change it. I wish this place was more recognised for the support it gives people.

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: CatLvr, banger12, GoatHerder and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I was deeply depressed and totally desperate when I searched for suicide communities or sth similar I don't remember what I searched exactly. I found SS easily. I read through some topics and I made an account the same night.

I think, if I didn't find SS I would have attempted and probably would've been successful.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: CatLvr, banger12, LoiteringClouds and 2 others
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
I browsed SaSu on and off for 4 years before joining.

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, fleetingnight, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
I joined pretty quick. 2 hours to a day ish

• Informative
Reactions: fleetingnight, Praestat_Mori and GoatHerder
K

Kavka

Student
Jun 11, 2024
I think a couple of months, until I'd come across enough topic where I wanted to say something but couldn't. It also took me a while to finally write the approval message because I wasn't sure what was being expected. I'm still kind of curious what the average member writes for that message. I'd imagine anything from a few generic sentences to full-length autobiographies.

• Hugs
Reactions: fleetingnight, Arachno and Praestat_Mori
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think I joined in like a day or two after discovering this site. Back then I was using my rented laptop to browse this site during university classes lol.

• Informative
Reactions: fleetingnight, banger12 and Praestat_Mori
T

Trying To Live

Aug 18, 2024
Several years.

I think that I discovered this website in 2020.

• Informative
Reactions: fleetingnight, cait_sith and Praestat_Mori
I

Imcantbreathe

Aug 19, 2024
I had to join minutes after learning about the website... More therapeutic then talking to a therapist, just saying

• Love
Reactions: CatLvr and fleetingnight
VeryShy

VeryShy

Seriously disabled due to autism and schizophrenia
Jun 21, 2024
Joined the same day when I've discovered the forum.

• Informative
Reactions: fleetingnight and ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I joined immediately

• Informative
Reactions: fleetingnight
cait_sith

cait_sith

Brain rotted, often missing word
Apr 8, 2024
I browsed since 2018 I think :ohhhh: (not constantly though, I remember the url changed once and it took me a long while to find out the new one)

• Wow
LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
I'd browsed since the beginning of this forum. I found /r/SanctionedSuicide around 2016 and I remember it was so validating in this anti-choice world. I had lurked the sub but it was banned in 2018, and I found this forum when I searched for "SanctionedSuicide." If this forum didn't exist I had hanged myself, I think.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
I discovered this site long ago but decided to browse and find it only months later. I scrolled through and joined 1-2 days after my initial arrival as a guest. I was surprised by how fast the registration was.

• Informative
Reactions: fleetingnight and banger12
banger12

banger12

Former nerd; current burden
Aug 1, 2024
I was a lurker with no account for many months. I discovered it when I was in the "questioning phase" and found it somewhat interesting and useful but as an outsider looking in at the time I confess I really didn't understand SaSu all that well. I would just browse looking for info relevant to me or going through posts I found interesting. I joined because the month if July completely broke me and it became clear what I needed to do, that I needed to catch the bus. I'll say actually having an account has really changed how I see the forum. People here are very kind and supportive and there us a big community element. I wish I was better at contributing and helping others.

• Hugs
daysnumbered

daysnumbered

To be or not to be
Aug 21, 2024
Around five or six years before I joined

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and fleetingnight
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
A few days

• Informative
Reactions: Rocinante and fleetingnight
A

attheend13

Oct 1, 2023
I think about the non-member visitors to the site a lot. Hi, by the way, non-member visitors 🫂 I hope your having a better day than I am (though, most of you probably aren't :( ) I've always wanted to make a post acknowledging you and saying hello, but I didn't think there was enough to say for a thread on it, lol

Well, now I'm wondering how long most people visit before they decide to join. I didn't join as soon as I heard about it, but I did as soon as I visited. I think I read the rules and FAQ before and not after joining, but that's all, lol. I wonder if I'm the odd one out, tho 🤔 How long did you take to join?
I probably should have checked out more on the site first lol but when you find your tribe you find your tribe. This is literally the only place I can express myself. My life otherwise is a joke. My partner literally says shut up when I try to talk. Not his fault I'm a lot to take on.

• Hugs
E

exitingtothevoid

Aug 2, 2024
I first heard of this site several years ago and I think I might have visited before. But as soon as I started seriously researching how to CTB and rediscovered SaSu, I joined within a day.

• Hugs