• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
On a scale of 5 to -5, how do you rate your quality of life? Being a forum on suicide I don't expect positive numbers but I'm curious, obviously 0 is included, 0 for me is also to be considered as death, so a person who goes from a negative number to 0 in theory has improved even if the everyone's dream is to have a positive number.

For me at the moment it is -2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Throwawayacc3 and eatantz
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
3, life's ok just a lot of dark weeks and some good days.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Tr3dorz, ijustwishtodie, Throwawayacc3 and 2 others
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Poop - it was bearable in Spain but London is just fucking miserable every fucking day. My dog is the only thing keeping me here.

Edit: Poop is in the negative numerical section. Not sure on the value.

Reactions: Tr3dorz and ijustwishtodie
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I lifemog rekamadur

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie
AbusedInnocent

AbusedInnocent

Student
Apr 5, 2024
If you consider nonexistence to have a value of 0 on your scale then I will ignore the values above 0 as I believe they are unattainable.

If I were to rate my life compared to others I'd give it a -2, slightly above average.

But as for how I objectively perceive my life I'd give it a -4, this is what matters as the existence of other people who have it worse doesn't make my life any better.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
If you consider nonexistence to have a value of 0 on your scale then I will ignore the values above 0 as I believe they are unattainable.

If I were to rate my life compared to others I'd give it a -2, slightly above average.

But as for how I objectively perceive my life I'd give it a -4, this is what matters as the existence of other people who have it worse doesn't make my life any better.
With 0 as well as death one could still consider a life of neutral quality, that is, where one is not depressed but not happy either.

yellowjester

yellowjester

I'm only sleeping
Jun 2, 2024
Oscilatting between -1,5 and 0,5. It's not the pain that makes me suicidal, it's the lack of fulfillment. The fruits of life have become too scarce for me.

W

whitesumac

Jul 10, 2024
F
On a scale of 5 to -5, how do you rate your quality of life? Being a forum on suicide I don't expect positive numbers but I'm curious, obviously 0 is included, 0 for me is also to be considered as death, so a person who goes from a negative number to 0 in theory has improved even if the everyone's dream is to have a positive number.

Or me is -5 and if I owned a gun I'd not be here

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
-5. My life is fucking awful and I think that almost anybody would be suicidal if they have the life which I do.
I lifemog rekamadur
Rekamadur's quality of life must be -10 or something

Reactions: sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Objectively, it's honestly okay. Maybe like a 1 or 2. Could be better, could be a lot worse.

Still wanna kill myself at some point before it does get worse though and the parts where it can improve are virtually unobtainable for me so it's highly unlikely I'll ever even get to sample the better parts of life.

Last edited:
M

mrtime87

Jul 9, 2024
-5. I'm embarrassed by my failures and sleep on the floor of a hoarders house. I'm a complete waste.

• Hugs
Reactions: Placo
J

J1214

Jul 10, 2024
Not horrible, not great, just okay.

Working, have a car, in a relationship, etc.

So I would rate my life with a 3.2.

Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
Not horrible, not great, just okay.

Working, have a car, in a relationship, etc.

So I would rate my life with a 3.2.
That's a good score, yet you're still suicidal?

J

J1214

Jul 10, 2024
Yes. I was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Although I wasn't diagnosed with it I suspect I have a personality disorder.

I also have crippling brain fog that I don't know the cause of that makes life really challenging sometimes.

Externally things are pretty good. Internally it's hell on Earth.
Maybe 2.5 or 3 is a more accurate score.

Last edited:
O

olearius

wannabe polymath
Jun 25, 2023
I would rate mine at a 2 - only because my basic needs are met, I have health insurance, I have a supportive spouse, I have a home, etc.

But I've been deeply suicidal for my whole life because I was a victim of torture, CSA and neglect for years. The trauma scars are deep. This is probably as good as it's going to get. I can't seem to fix my brain and medications just aren't doing it.

I

ineed2die

Feb 15, 2024
its honestly great if we factor out my totally cooked mental state

B

brokeandbroken

Elementalist
Apr 18, 2023

I have no idea how to use your scale. How can you be points below death and have posted. On a 1-10 scale I like a 1.1. A small tick above death I suppose. I have nothing in my life. No career, no prospects of success, no supportive family, no friends, nothing. Friends no so much but I did have a fulfilling "career" and the faint illusion of a supportive family. Then my career, my prospects, family, possibility of finding friends etc...Stolen from me. I'm pretty miserable.