• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Groundhog_Day

Groundhog_Day

Dec 5, 2023
Something I realised about a couple of past members (avaruus and Zanexx) who really affected me, was that they both seemed highly intelligent, self aware and quietly determined/focused.

I really need to ctb, but I have low IQ, low self awareness and am a master procrastinator.

Do you think it is still possible to ctb with low IQ, low self awareness and a procrastinating personality type?

avaruus and Zanexx's goodbye threads:

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, ijustwishtodie and iloverachel
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
I think a combination of those things (low iq, procrastinator, low self awareness) will make ctb more challenging, but definitely not impossible

Best of luck with your plans

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Groundhog_Day
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Death is white, not darkness.
Apr 17, 2023
Those qualities are of the utmost importance in succeeding at life and at death. There's a reason the common person doesn't ctb. It's because they weren't meant to. The bell curve decides for us. "All hail the magic conch"

Reactions: feverinjection, iloverachel and Groundhog_Day
Groundhog_Day

Groundhog_Day

Dec 5, 2023
I think a combination of those things (low iq, procrastinator, low self awareness) will make ctb more challenging, but definitely not impossible

Best of luck with your plans
Thanks. Last minute panic was how I motivated myself to do homework etc. and I guess that's how I will ctb too.

I do like the idea of how peaceful the CO tent method Zanexx used, seemed to be. It's just putting the effort in to plan it out properly and not get interrupted. Also overcoming the fear of something going wrong, like knocking the charcoal over, or being left in a vegetative state.
Sorry if my post doesn't make sense. Like I said, I have low IQ, so that should explain any confusion.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: iloverachel
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
It's possible but really difficult and more luck based. This is just me but I believe that somebody who has a higher IQ and more self awareness can plan suicide methods better and consider risks that perhaps a low IQ person wouldn't consider. I may be wrong though. However, it is undeniable that suicide methods do require a lot of planning and consideration in order to reduce the chances of failing or getting caught by somebody during the attempt. Oh and of course procrastination doesn't help at all

Reactions: Groundhog_Day
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
First off, someone seeming intelligent doesn't equate to them having a high IQ. There are plenty of things that can make someone seem smarter than they really are, from their demeanor to how they talk and write to just our perception of what we imagine a smart person to be like.

As cursed as the video is, his breakdown of that dude's accent helps to showcase where I'm getting at.

At least based off of the two threads you linked, nowhere do I see any mention or implication that have a high IQ. They seem to just be normal goodbye threads.

Secondly, self-awareness and your IQ shouldn't have too much of a bearing on your likelihood to successfully ctb. How likely you are to succeed comes more down to what method you are using, making sure to properly follow the instructions involved in your method, not allowing your SI to act up, and making sure that there is no one around to try and save you. The only thing that may get in the way is procrastination, since the stress that comes from attempting to ctb may one to procrastinate on their attempt. However, there are ways to fight against procrastination, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Groundhog_Day and feverinjection
P

purelydaft

Apr 5, 2024
Of course it's possible. Determination grows over time if you truly wish to die. You can also practice exploring your own thoughts and desires, it's not just a card that's dealt at birth. As for the threads you linked, it's only a glimpse into tiny parts of their lives they chose to share, you don't really know what they've been through in their heads to get to that state of determination to go through with their plans. It's something I'd advise everyone to think about when they're comparing themselves to others, in life or death.

I have a lot to say about IQ in general, but I'll refrain not to sound too obtuse. Best of luck to you in whatever you choose to do.

• Love
Reactions: Groundhog_Day and feverinjection
Groundhog_Day

Groundhog_Day

Dec 5, 2023
First off, someone seeming intelligent doesn't equate to them having a high IQ. There are plenty of things that can make someone seem smarter than they really are, from their demeanor to how they talk and write to just our perception of what we imagine a smart person to be like.

As cursed as the video is, his breakdown of that dude's accent helps to showcase where I'm getting at.

At least based off of the two threads you linked, nowhere do I see any mention or implication that have a high IQ. They seem to just be normal goodbye threads.

Secondly, self-awareness and your IQ shouldn't have too much of a bearing on your likelihood to successfully ctb. How likely you are to succeed comes more down to what method you are using, making sure to properly follow the instructions involved in your method, not allowing your SI to act up, and making sure that there is no one around to try and save you. The only thing that may get in the way is procrastination, since the stress that comes from attempting to ctb may one to procrastinate on their attempt. However, there are ways to fight against procrastination, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Thanks for your reply.

I guess IQ is relative, and therefore, for someone with a low IQ, like me, 99% of posters here seem highly intelligent.

With avaruus and Zanexx, it was a sense of intelligence, self awareness and kindness I got from reading almost all of their posts.

I think the low IQ and lack of self awareness makes ctb harder, but probably my biggest problem is I'm not depressed enough. I can still distract myself with certain things, even though it's getting harder. I think both avaruus and Zanexx mentioned they were unable to distract themselves or find joy in life anymore.

Once my life situation gets too difficult, or I can no longer distract myself, I think the pain will get to the point where ctb will just become the obvious and best course of action, and hopefully procrastination will be overcome by the desire to end the pain.

Reactions: EvisceratedJester