Z

zombiekitty

Apr 24, 2022
Will you resign from work so you could handover tasks? Will you talk with your closest friends one last time? Won't it haunt them? Will you send those unsent letters? Will you try to get that closure talk? Donate all possessions?

Reactions: SackOfCrap445 and fatladysings
landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
Sell as much as I can, give away as much as i can, and tidy as much as i can. I have already written my letters and have them set aside.
I don't plan to have any last conversations or hangouts, don't want to further traumatize anyone or leave them with, as you said, haunting or what if thoughts.

Reactions: SackOfCrap445 and fatladysings
Upvote 0
Danby

Danby

Just remember that the last laugh is on you
Aug 13, 2024
I thought about giving my two weeks notice first, so I'd get my last paycheck and unused vacation (I have a LOT) but that would only prolong it. Now I just want to order the shotgun and shells, go get it, and be done with it.

Reactions: fatladysings
Upvote 0
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
Good question. My out of state sister gets all my money and property. (Better her than the state). I'm now trying to figure out how a rotten body wont be found after I do the deed. I have very few visitors. I'm disability retired, so no work issues.

Reactions: fatladysings
Upvote 0
F

fatladysings

Aug 23, 2024
Good question. My out of state sister gets all my money and property. (Better her than the state). I'm now trying to figure out how a rotten body wont be found after I do the deed. I have very few visitors. I'm disability retired, so no work issues.
That's something I was worried about too - me being all rotted away before someone found me.

I came up with a plan. On a Saturday afternoon I post a letter via special delivery to my brother. My brother lives in England whilst I live in Northern Ireland. The letter to my brother doesn't arrive until Monday morning, meaning I have Saturday and Sunday to ctb, then on Monday my brother receives my letter and then he will notify one of my cousins in Northern Ireland, who will come and find me.

That's the best plan I could come up with.

Reactions: Ligottian and landslide2
Upvote 0
Ww42

Ww42

Experienced
Feb 24, 2024
I am going to deep clean the apartment I share with my beloved one so they don't have any mess to clean when I am gone as I know my death will probably affect them in a way that they wont have the energy to clean. Beyond that, there are no final matters I wish to attend to, because life really does move on once dead, anything else just seems trivial to me and would only delay my CTB

Reactions: Decided98 and landslide2
Upvote 0
Zecko

Zecko

life is killing me
Sep 2, 2024
Will you resign from work so you could handover tasks? Will you talk with your closest friends one last time? Won't it haunt them? Will you send those unsent letters? Will you try to get that closure talk? Donate all possessions?
If I'm dead, I'm dead. There's no point in me trying to sort anything out. If my corpse stinks, they'll find me...

Reactions: landslide2
Upvote 0
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Adrenaline junkie
May 9, 2024
Leading up to my most recent CTB attempt, I did nothing at all regarding my affairs other than writing a scheduled suicide note. I don't have any dependents (and never plan to) and I can't take my money with me when I die, so why bother?

Reactions: Zecko
Upvote 0
ayanti

ayanti

Death Seeker
Aug 22, 2024
To be honest, I don't have the whole plan. I have some notes written, which I'm unsure I'll ever send. I would love to have a call with all my loved ones, give them a final goodbye.

Upvote 0
T

Trav1989

Experienced
Jun 2, 2024
Well, seeing as my organ health has deteriorated substantially due to a couple decades of heavy drinking and drug use, as well as past suicide attempts and personal trauma I already know I'm not long for this world and at best have another 5 to 10 years left I think I'm fairly qualified to answer this one.

I don't have much control over the date and time I CTB but I've minimized everything I own substantially to the point that my place could be emptied in a single weekend without much of a hassle. I've wrote 187 pages detailing my life and how I felt about such and such from the good to the bad, and everything in between and adding to it every month or-so as well.

Not sure what else to do really, I interact with my parents on a weekly basis, my wife left me for another man, and I have no real friends of note.

Best I can do is to leave as minimal a mess as possible and experience as little stress as possible because I've been through enough to make your head spin and if there is in afterlife I'd rather not show up completely broken to the point that I'm thrown in the reformatting machine, then again that may be for the best if such were to occur.

Upvote 0
Chr0nicAnhedonic

Chr0nicAnhedonic

So much for stardust...
Oct 1, 2023
I want to say I have a plan, but I'm not really sure. The best I have at the moment is that when the time comes I'll have a general note that goes out to everyone, and then individualized notes for the people closest to me. Everyone will at least get one last message from me, where I try to relay how much I appreciated them and how sorry I am for the person I was and the things I've done.

The money I have will be split as evenly as possible between my siblings, with no involvement from my parents (my mother especially would make it into a whole thing about "earning it"), though I'm not really sure how to make that clear without having a will and not draw attention to my suicidality. As for my possessions, whoever's left in my circle can have whatever they want and argue among themselves for it.

All this being said, I also fully expect to just say "fuck it" and peace out without informing anyone, and let them figure it out. I don't want to hurt people more than I already would be, but at the same time I can't really say I'd care either.

Upvote 0
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
I got a prepaid cremation, everything else my adult offspring gets.

Upvote 0
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I have a will and my solicitor will arrange for a house clearance service so that no one who isn't being paid has to deal with the mess. I'll leave notes if I CTB. Probably attach them to a delayed email to my solicitor in case the police don't pass them on. Make sure my tax return crap is up to date. Pay off my phone. Pre pay for a direct cremation.

But no, I doubt I'd make a point of contacting anyone before I CTB. I think it would be obvious what I was about to do.

Upvote 0
gonegal95

gonegal95

Aug 30, 2024
- clean up digital footprint.
- finish my work contract and don't pursue other work.
- donate or organize my belongings.
- make a care package for the person who will be taking in my cats.
- lie to doctors and update my medical records in an attempt to prevent fault for my death being wrongfully placed on the healthcare professionals who tried their hardest to help me
- go on family tour, visiting or calling old family members, donate stuff to them
- write the letters to the 3 people who will take this hard
- set up hanging area
- prepare warning signage as to prevent loved ones from finding me and call 911
- wait until ex (who I live with) is out of town
- CTB

Upvote 0