• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
I know threads like this have been started, so I'll probably delete this one soon. I need to know how to accept death when I don't want to. I don't really want to die, but it only keeps getting worse every day. I have to convince myself to die this year instead of dragging it out, but I don't know how to let go of my dreams and everything I've ever wanted. Sorry again for a repetitive post, I really will delete it later.

Reactions: lkjhgfdsa1 and davidtorez
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Only once all hope of recovery is gone I believe.

People make up all sorts of nonsense but something is keeping us here, hope.

• Hugs
Reactions: davidtorez and fleetingnight
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
Only once all hope of recovery is gone I believe.

People make up all sorts of nonsense but something is keeping us here, hope.
You would think I would've lost hope already, after getting not one but multiuple diagnoses for lifelong illnesses with no cure. I think something must be wrong with me to still hope for a good life, I feel delusional for it

Reactions: davidtorez
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I find comfort in death personally, non-existence is all I wish for. I have no interest in suffering in this meaningless existence, what I find unacceptable is existing, I find it so tragic how life even exists at all. Existence truly is just a hellish, harmful imposition to me, more than anything I wish I never existed at all.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and davidtorez
ImTelling

ImTelling

Sad Doggo
May 27, 2024
I know threads like this have been started, so I'll probably delete this one soon. I need to know how to accept death when I don't want to. I don't really want to die, but it only keeps getting worse every day. I have to convince myself to die this year instead of dragging it out, but I don't know how to let go of my dreams and everything I've ever wanted. Sorry again for a repetitive post, I really will delete it later.
I'm trying to think about all the positives my Death will bring. It'll also help if you delete or get rid of everything you like that's keeping you here. I'm considering blocking all my friends so that they won't be so sad when I do it. You got to get rid of hope.

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Study it. Humans fear what they don't know. So if you get educated, it takes a lot of the fear out of the thing. For example, I used to be really afraid of bees when I was little, and then I learned all about bees, and now I think they're absolutely fascinating and wonderful and I wish I could be a beekeeper. Learn about death. Learn about philosophies about death. Learn about what happens physiologically and biologically when we die. Look at blogs and videos from hospice care workers that talk about death. Read blogs and watch videos from people who are terminally ill and get their views on death. I'm not saying be obsessive, but make sure the event of death itself isn't some giant unknown. This is what helped me at least.

Reactions: Traveller12724
T

Traveller12724

Student
May 14, 2024
Lucky for you other human beings before us faced the same question and they found a way around it. What has helped me accept my death is reading Seneca's How to die: An ancient guide to the end of life. He explores the topic of death and suicide really well and helps you think about it logically.

Reactions: Forveleth
J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
TL:DR; take psychedelic drugs and/or [preferably both] meditate

Hinduism and the descendants of Hinduism like Buddhism and Jainism have some interesting philosophies around death.

Also, they have interesting and practical advice for coping with life in the interim before death.

I'm not from those cultures, so I am guaranteed to misinterpret some things I learn, and some things are taken for granted by people who speak the right languages and grow up around the right ecology and etc etc, and those I'll never learn.

So this isn't somebody talking about hindu or hindu-descended philosophy. I'm just saying that the practices I have adopted as part of managing my mental health conditions [hey thanks Eastern Bros for the rad coping skills] have been effective. I accept a lot of things now that I was really angry about in the past.

But at the end of the day, emptiness and oneness are very important aspects of the reality of death. Right now I'm separate from the universe. That's dumb. Why am I even conscious to begin with. I'm comprised of abiotic materials; who authorised this sacrelige of life!? This is not a joke but it is also kind of amusing; the concept of Om resonates with me. Something like a silent vibration, the tension of reality drawn taut between the start and the end of any given moment, or any fractal branch of that moment exploding simultaneously inward and outward through time, self-repeating but any size imaginable. I dunno. Something I feel sometimes when my mind is active.

Consider also the idea that the geometries witnessed by human beings [it's me] when they take certain psychedelic substances like psilocybe mushrooms or LSD or the 2C family of research chems and sometimes mdma or any of the amphetamine family plus sleep deprivation, plus many others that I cannot personally vouch for--all these geometries [they too are fractal] might be seen because they are fundamental to the universe itself, rather than fundamental to the human mind. Why would the human mind have a propensity for fractal geometry anyway? Except that we are made of fractals--circulatory, nervous systems are examples of fractal geometry in our body.

The oldest life on the planet was fractal geometry. Fractal math describes the growth of a tree as well as it describes our circulatory system, it describes the branches of a river system and can draw maps of lifelike mountains as well as predict the size and distributions of the trees which cover the mountains.

It's also the only way to get an antenna to pick up multiple signals at once--fractal geometry. So it's essential to our smart phones. I'm not a mathematician or a musician but I am mildly autistic and I feel like maybe if you mashed up fractal math and musical resonance into a mandelbrot generator, if that's even an idea that makes sense, you'd get some very pretty pictures.

Anyway maybe my best answer is "take some LSD and meditate"