• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

potentialbotanist

potentialbotanist

Dec 24, 2019
My attempt to ctb before 2020 didn't succeed and I'm thinking of talking with my therapist about my attempts so that she can maybe help me. If any of you have talked to your therapist about this how did it go and what did they do?

• Love
Reactions: Despondent, anxietyaddict, RainAndSadness and 4 others
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Just be careful. Therapists are mandated reporters if they think you are in imminent danger.

Reactions: TAW122, justanotherday, enjoy and 7 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I've told my past therapists and all they ever asked is if I had a plan. As long as you don't mention a plan, you should be okay to tell them

Reactions: T42, Partial-Elf, puppy9 and 3 others
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
I straight up told my therapist that I wanted to hang myself when I was 14. She kept me in her office and went and got my parents. She phoned some acute mental health team up at the hospital and explained my situation to them. I was taken by car to the hospital and admitted. So, as @Squiddy said, keep that in mind. Best wishes to you :hug:

Reactions: greencoat111, lofistos345, mattwitt and 5 others
xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

“Leaving this world is not as scary as it sounds.”
Mar 3, 2019
I've explicitly told medical professionals that I plan to kill myself in the past. No hospital stay ever came of it, so they must not have taken it seriously. It's for the better though. I realize I got off lucky. Now I am smarter and will never make mention of such things to anyone: period.

Reactions: Nem and greencoat111
potentialbotanist

potentialbotanist

Dec 24, 2019
Should I not bring up my attempts? I want to be candid so that she actually helps me by getting me meds or something, but I don't want to get pulled out of school like what happened to me in high school. I hint at having suicidal thoughts but she never takes it seriously. I want her to actually get me help but I don't want shit to escalate. Is that even possible?

• Hugs
Reactions: Boochky and Never Free
Icarus

Icarus

Jul 25, 2019
It depends on the therapist. As long as he/she does not find you to be an imminent danger, you will be fine.

Reactions: OreoWellington
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I've told my past therapists and all they ever asked is if I had a plan. As long as you don't mention a plan, you should be okay to tell them
Same for me. I tell them I have thoughts and urges, they ask me if I have a plan or a means to do it, and I tell them no. I say I really don't want to hurt myself, I just can't get rid of the feelings and then we talk about it.

My current therapist sometimes asks me how worried we should be, and I've told her I'm extremely worried but I still don't have a plan and she does not freak out.

The criteria for getting sectioned is if they feel you're in imminent danger to yourself or others. As long as they have no reason to think that, everything should be fine.

• Love
Reactions: Boochky, Squiddy and OreoWellington
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I told mine in the thought that honesty and transparency gave me the best option for help. Granted that was a while ago and I no longer think or want to recover, but I still tell my psych that I'm suicidal. As others have said though, be careful. You can end up hospitalised and treated against your will.

A

Astreiner

Dec 26, 2019
I agree , it is dangerous to tell others. Some such as drs have obligation to tell authorities . I once mentioned it outside of the hospital and they immediately put me in an ambulance and took me to a recovery home, here in Spain, where I spent A long weekend until I Managed to voluntarily discharge myself. Luckily the psychiatrist let me go. At that point I was not too serious. Now I am so I don't tell anybody. Just do it but be careful as to the damage to the souls of those who love you
If There is anyone who would like to communicate with me privately if such a thing is allowed please let me know . If I am allowed to leave my email address ??

Last edited:
Reactions: RainAndSadness and brainpain2
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
I agree , it is dangerous to tell others. Some such as drs have obligation to tell authorities . I once mentioned it outside of the hospital and they immediately put me in an ambulance and took me to a recovery home, here in Spain, where I spent A long weekend until I Managed to voluntarily discharge myself. Luckily the psychiatrist let me go. At that point I was not too serious. Now I am so I don't tell anybody. Just do it but be careful as to the damage to the souls of those who love you
If There is anyone who would like to communicate with me privately if such a thing is allowed please let me know . If I am allowed to leave my email address ??
After you are a member for 24 hours and you have posted 5 times, you gain private message privileges. That is safer than giving out your email. If you want to post 4 times quickly, add to the "Offtopic" ""Game " Threads.
Welcome!

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
When the pain is greater than your worry about the pain of others, it's your time.

Pain is actually good. It means your life actually meant something to someone. Some of us aren't lucky enough to have that.

And welcome!

• Love
Reactions: Nem and Retard
Retard

Retard

Dec 7, 2019
I never mention them unless my psychiatrist specifically asks as I'm too afraid that it'll come across as unnecessary and attention-seeking, but as I don't tend to plan attempts in advance, fortunately it has never led to any intervention, so far at least.

Is there any particular kind of help that you're hoping they may be able to offer you, e.g. a certain medication?

Reactions: Nem
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I just say I want to die but have no plan to do anything about it.

• Love
Reactions: OreoWellington and Boochky
A

Astreiner

Dec 26, 2019
I never mention them unless my psychiatrist specifically asks as I'm too afraid that it'll come across as unnecessary and attention-seeking, but as I don't tend to plan attempts in advance, fortunately it has never led to any intervention, so far at least.

Is there any particular kind of help that you're hoping they may be able to offer you, e.g. a certain medication?
Thanks for asking. I believe the simple method of taking a whole lot of lormetazepam also called Noctamid 2mg. In theory you should die in your sleep. But I don't know if that really works.And anti enemics to stop possible vomiting should do it, BUT please anyone who knows more about this method, please respond

O

Onomotopoeia

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
To many variables based on your therapist.

Short version: just dont

I was sectioned after specifically stating I had no immediate plans

It's just not worth it dont bring it up

Reactions: Partial-Elf, greencoat111 and faex42
Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, I’m taken.)
Feb 23, 2019
I was in a coma for 2 days after the attempt my mom forced me to make in June. Somehow even then I talked myself out of the hospital.

I have insurance through the county and I have a stupid intern. I don't discuss my thoughts for fear that she would overreact.

I don't even hate the hospital. I like being with other freaks. I just hate the food and not having my phone.

Reactions: greencoat111
P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
I was in a coma for 2 days after the attempt my mom forced me to make in June. Somehow even then I talked myself out of the hospital.

I have insurance through the county and I have a stupid intern. I don't discuss my thoughts for fear that she would overreact.

I don't even hate the hospital. I like being with other freaks. I just hate the food and not having my phone.
Oh I'm with you on the food and phone front. I hated the food, the room was extremely cold, and I was incredibly bored at the mental hospital. Nothing to do except watch TV and nap.
I've told my therapist about my ideations and my plan, but I always include that I don't have the funds to buy all the equipment I need. They also know about my employment struggles. That being said, probably best to not bring up a suicide method, or at least don't get too detailed about it. The less details offered, the better.

Last edited:
Reactions: greencoat111 and Boochky
L

lofistos345

Experienced
Oct 6, 2019
With my last psychiatric I was able to tell my suicide feelings with no judgments

enjoy

enjoy

Creature
Dec 20, 2019
i think it depends on the therapist. some will be lax and work with you, others will overreact and ship you off to a psych ward. if you think your therapist sucks, don't tell them. they'll be lazy and take the latter route. if your therapist is cool and understanding, gently wean it into a conversation.

all in all, just... be careful. you're on thin ice in rocky territory.

faex42

faex42

Experienced
Oct 19, 2018
My new psychiatrist said that if I had suicidal ideation I would have to go to the ER or call Emergency Services. Very extreme view but she's pretty new to
the field.
Hopefully she learns that the ERs and ES don't want to hospitalize someone who doesn't reveal intent and means. I've just gone along and said that I couldn't
conceive of suicide because it would hurt loved loves. As mentioned above, best be careful.

greencoat111

greencoat111

Jan 5, 2020
I tried this last Friday and I was treated like a helpless child by my therapist even though she is the same age as me. She phoned a family member to collect me and acted extremely condescending to us. It would make me reluctant to tell a therapist I'm suicidal again

• Aww..
Reactions: Mark Edward, faex42 and Boochky
gentleflower

gentleflower

Student
Jun 6, 2019
I've openly discussed things with my therapist. She tried to convince me to stay in the clinic, but she said that she cannot force me as long I still clearly voice to her that I will not attempt today

Z

zeroambition

Recovered
Nov 3, 2019
I couldn't help but tell my therapist about my plan to ctb in the future.

• Hugs
Reactions: Boochky
Mark Edward

Mark Edward

Jan 19, 2019
In my one and only therapy session I stated that I have felt suicidal.
I saw the alarm in my therapists face. She made me state clearly that I was not currently feeling that way.
I guess these people have certain official obligations.
I would have liked more sessions, but I never went back.

Reactions: faex42 and greencoat111
exhausted

exhausted

Experienced
Oct 22, 2019
I literally told a therapist I wanted to set myself on fire before and nothing happened. I told people I was trying to go to Dignitas. I have told people my plans in explicit detail, because they asked and then they told me "your needs are too severe for this service".. How are people getting committed so often? I said I was suicidal at every damn session. Only once was I offered to be seen by a nurse, I said no and that was it. You need to see my ex-therapist, but actually no, he is awful. I dunno. This was not the most recovery-friendly post, ha. Sorry. But if you worry about getting committed, there are some that genuinely don't give a shit, so there's that?

In other news, for some, therapists are lifesavers and you can really turn it around with help. Hopefully you will get the help you need.

hershberger

hershberger

Student
Dec 28, 2019
I have a legitimately great therapist, and she knows I have a idea for how I will ctb, but I was honest with her and said it is my intention to wait and see on a few things. We talked about it in an abstract way where I didn't really say the words, which may seem childish but I wanted to get the point across without putting her in an ethical pickle.

Oh, this is how great my therapist is: she called me this afternoon and asked if we could reschedule because she has a kidney stone...but she would come in "...if you really need to talk today." A KIDNEY STONE, and she felt bad about cancelling. Incredible.

• Love
Reactions: k75
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
When I used to go to therapy (in the past), I never mentioned anything about suicide or a plan or methods, it is WAY too risk and dangerous and if they deem the patient an actual threat (which is up to their own discretion and outside of the patient's control), then they will take action to hospitalize the patient. I had even two occasions with two different mental health professionals ask me the dreaded questions such as "Do you have a plan?" "Do you own firearms or anything dangerous?" (I did not own any firearms at that time and even if I did, I'd lie my way out because I can't accept the risk of being hospitalized against my will; which would only make things worse for me, socially, financially, and a permanent record).

I haven't been to a therapist nor mental health professional in almost two years now and the times I did, I regret wasting my time and energy there for no gains.

Nessa

Nessa

My 'minds' r killin' me..
Aug 11, 2018
My attempt to ctb before 2020 didn't succeed and I'm thinking of talking with my therapist about my attempts so that she can maybe help me. If any of you have talked to your therapist about this how did it go and what did they do?

What do you mean with maybe she can help? Do mean help you to talk about 'why' or 'how' you want to ctb? Never talk about the 'how'!

My therapy is mostly based around my suicidal ideation.. it's a subject that regulary passes in the sessions. It's always risky to talk about it. But if you have a therapist who understands your urge/longing for death, it might be helpful to order your thoughts (insight).
Mine is always careful when I start talking about it. She says she wants to give me room to talk about kms, but also doesn't want to encourage me.. understandable from her position.
So, always use your words wise. Make sure you don't become a liability in her eyes.
Good luck!

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I have a legitimately great therapist, and she knows I have a idea for how I will ctb, but I was honest with her and said it is my intention to wait and see on a few things. We talked about it in an abstract way where I didn't really say the words, which may seem childish but I wanted to get the point across without putting her in an ethical pickle.

Oh, this is how great my therapist is: she called me this afternoon and asked if we could reschedule because she has a kidney stone...but she would come in "...if you really need to talk today." A KIDNEY STONE, and she felt bad about cancelling. Incredible.
Thanks for sharing this. I think more people need to read good therapist/psychiatrist stories and see that they aren't all the devil. There are bad ones for sure, but then there are ones like this.