SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
I will certainly ctb long before I die of old age, even if I have to use a painful method. I can hardly imagine living the torture of living for an entire lifetime. But it's come to my attention that many people actually want to live forever. How can someone have the line of thinking that makes them want to be immortal?

Reactions: myusername890, swaraj and pthnrdnojvsc
T

Tulip<3

Student
Aug 16, 2023
Honestly I wonder the same thing, immortality sounds not fun at all. I guess people who want that are having really good lives lol

Reactions: myusername890
P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
Not all human beings have similar lives.Some of humans have amazing lives and it is natural for them to wish that they would continue to live like that for eternity.
There are others who may not have amazing lives but are afraid of death and hence wish for immortality.

Reactions: ReWind
gag_order

gag_order

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.
Jul 20, 2023
I mean when you look closely you can see that those who seek immortality are usually filthy rich and have already amazing lives that they want to keep on going.

N

numbed one

Student
May 22, 2023
Survival instinct Can make you do lot of things

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Honestly I wonder the same thing, immortality sounds not fun at all. I guess people who want that are having really good lives lol
See The Highlander(1986)--The curse of Immortality, as he watches his young wife become old yet he still lives forever, on her deathbed, he says to her, 'I love you more now than when we first met'.......

Reactions: Tulip<3
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
When I think about immortality and what that life might look like, it actually makes me realise that death is essential.

Imagine your favourite roller coaster… now imagine never being allowed off that roller coaster… ever!

Imagine reading a great book or watching a great movie… now imagine there is no ending, it just meanders on indefinitely with no conclusion. It would be very odd and frustrating.

And that's just the people who are enjoying the ride. It will soon become a nightmare if you can never get off.

I don't know what comes next, but there needs to be a next. There needs to be a conclusion/ending to things.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
T

thot88

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I want to leave because of mental and physical health problems. But if immortality were possible with endless pleasure and without health problems, then it would be fine.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I would never be able to understand why anyone would even desire existence at all, only eternal nothingness appeals to me, existence is just something so futile, harmful and unnecessary, immortality sounds like an incredibly hellish punishment, it fills me with enough dread the thought of having to potentially suffer for decades. It actually disturbs me how people would wish to exist forever as existence is just something so repulsive, I would never wish to exist at all no matter the circumstances.

Reactions: notverylucid
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
immortality is impossible due to the fact that it is impossible to stop ageing in multicellular organisms, which include humans, bringing the immortality debate to a possible end, 100 percent good health is also impossible anything can cause a injury that can't be fixed immortality is aload of nonsence, even if immortality is possible we're running out of resources quickly within 200 years there be complete depleted

Last edited:
Otto Mann

Otto Mann

Professional bus driver
Aug 19, 2023
What people desire and what they actually receive are two distinct matters.

Immortality for individuals is non-existent, one can merely postpone death.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Actually, no one wants immortality, they only say that they want such an undesirable thing because of their ignorance. They're unaware of the hardships that they'll have to endure while being alive. They'll experience the deaths of all of their relatives as a result to being immortal and suffer on a daily basis due to the pain of remaining alive for eternity.