WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
I'm very alone and some days it drives me fucking nuts. No friends, significant other, no job to see coworkers. I don't leave the house, I barely leave my room. Just me and my mom who thinks I'm pathetic. She's right of course.

I was a lonely kid but I managed to always keep myself busy with music, books, writing, whatever. My curiosity kept me going and then I got friends at some point. Later got a good relationship. It was honestly really nice playing at being a functional human being for a while.

Now I have nothing, not even any interests to keep me going. Also recent hearing loss has changed how I can listen to music so I don't even bother but there are worse things. I'm kind of bummed there's no one who will care or notice when I'm gone though.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: mystique, OpheliasFlowers, voyager and 4 others
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I'm alone 25 hours a day. I add an extra hour to demonstrate how long a day feels at times when you're alone.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, the-eternal, Epsilon0 and 2 others
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
Quite surrounded by people but nobody is close to me

• Love
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, the-eternal and Final Escape
strand

strand

Apr 11, 2020
I haven't had any friends or a group to hang out with for a long time. I'm thankful I have my family, I hang out with them a lot, even if some of them have a very negative impact on my mental health. I can't say I don't appreciate solitude. I do, but I wish I had someone I could talk to, someone that wanted to know me, not a familial relationship.
I can live with my loneliness most of the time when I'm alone, probably because I'm used to it, but in public, I always notice the contrast between my life and others' lives and it hurts.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, the-eternal, Final Escape and 3 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Very, very, very alone.
When I was young I had more friends than I could count. I was a part of my city's music and art scene, I had literally hundreds of friends.
Now I have 3. I rarely see them. We text every month or so.
For the past 10 years I have lived alone. I like living alone. But I do get lonely.
I wish I had found the one I love and who loves me. I never did. I'm 48 now. I don't think it's likely to happen. My time has passed.
This is something the elders do not talk to us about nearly enough. You better establish a family if u can and hang on to friends. Don't move around way too much because then when u are older u will be alone and friends won't be close. It's better if u can establish somewhere and remain around the people from youth if possible. Because once u hit like late 30's omg it's difficult to find new friends and partners.

Reactions: LittleBlackCat, OpheliasFlowers, WinterFaust and 1 other person
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
Not had a friend since 2003. Never had a close friend. Never had a good friend. I've had 2 OK friends, 2 half-decent friends, and the rest have been crap friends that didn't care about me.

I've only got 1 acquaintance, and she's about 30 years older than me and doesn't care very much about me.

And I've got absolutely no social life. Sanctioned suicide is the closest I've got to a social life.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Zebedee, LittleBlackCat, OpheliasFlowers and 3 others
D

Demonnn

Jun 30, 2021
I have friends, but I'm alone in the sense that I can't talk to them about my issues. I feel like an alien, watching them go on about their lives in our group chats. I rarely participate any longer, and when I do, I act like a robot, saying things that "are expected" to be said in those situations. This feels like some kind of weird social distancing, but on a whole other level.
Feel you,im in the same position

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
irl i only have my mom(talk to but not as much) and dad (rarely if ever talk to). I don't have any close friends,family members, or even acquaintances.

I talk to some ppl on the net but mainly about my interests such as sports,anime,movies,and fandom related stuff. This place is the only place i've ever opened up about my irl problems.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I am alone pretty much most of the time and that is by choice. I like my own company and I am very introverted. People are just exhausting to me and they are disappointing. I still talk to a few family members but I am not in contact with any of the friends I used to have and I am glad about that. In general I just feel disconnected to others.

• Hugs
Reactions: lofticries