kindawannacrylol

kindawannacrylol

Student
Jan 13, 2021
A few months ago i made the choice that I wanted to live, and try and continue with my life despite everything that had happened to me, my friends encouraged me to start saving enough money to move out of my parents house ASAP. Since then my life has fallen apart, my future is in ruins and now my only goal is to ctb. Hope is such a dangerous thing, it warps your mind leaving you unable to see clearly, i could've ended my life months ago but i let myself have hope and i don't even know why. Now I'm tired, i'm done i just want it all to be over so i never have to experience anything ever again.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, snxw, settheory and 25 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
The savings plan didn't work out?

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
I'm with you @kindawannacrylol
My wife gave me hope that we could fix things. False hope is worse than no hope.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner, Élégie, Journeytoletgo and 10 others
siray

siray

the crucified
Dec 28, 2018
It's because of hope that I've been having insanity attacks all day long, I lie on the floor in my room weeping hysterically. I should have killed myself long time ago,

I feel utterly broken, fuck hope, death is most favourable solution to all my problems.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Arvinneedstodie, burglarlydante and 10 others
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
Hope is essential for survival.
It can bridge many hard times, just like faith.

But of course not all hopes come true and at some point you lose hope.
That's when you want to end it.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, LittleJem, Élégie and 4 others
Tomoko

Tomoko

Unpopular
Aug 12, 2021
I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well. Yes, I've given up on being hopeful ever again. It always ends in disappointment.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Maaizr, newave3 and 1 other person
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Reminds me of the quote from Shawshank Redemption, "Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."

I relate to what you're saying, hope has ruined my life and made me suffer many more years than I should have, I won't let it fool me again.

I'm sorry you're in so much pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, nfives, LittleJem and 9 others

Student
Aug 3, 2021
I can relate to this. I think people are encouraged to have unrealistic hopes and goals and it almost always leads to disappointment and failure

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Élégie, Journeytoletgo and 6 others
NasiGoreng

NasiGoreng

Experienced
Aug 11, 2021
Im sorry you feel that way. Im living on false hope, its the only reason im still here.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Journeytoletgo, newave3 and 4 others
P

PDAnnie2610

Waiting for my bus.
Oct 27, 2019
Giving up on it gradually.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Journeytoletgo, newave3 and 1 other person
NasiGoreng

NasiGoreng

Experienced
Aug 11, 2021
Wish I could learn..

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Journeytoletgo, newave3 and 1 other person
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
"Panem et circenses"

Just like the proverbial bread and circuses, hope keeps us in check, placating our demons with empty promises sugar-coated lies.

"Give them bread and circuses and they will never revolt."
—Juvenal

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, patheticpartner, LittleJem and 8 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not have any hope, to me it would be a delusion. In the past if I have had any it has been taken away as life is just cruel and disappointing. I would rather just accept how hopeless things are as at least then I will not be let down by falsely having hope. You are right, it is a dangerous thing. More than likely, it will just lead to more suffering.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Journeytoletgo, newave3 and 3 others
Meliæ

Meliæ

In recovery
Aug 8, 2021
Interesting subject thanks for posting this

I'll meditate on this

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Maaizr and newave3
VivantMort

VivantMort

PleromaKenoma
Jul 28, 2021
"I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free."

~Nikos Kazantzakis

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, newave3, Journeytoletgo and 3 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
There is no hope for me

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Journeytoletgo, FuneralCry and 3 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Hope is a dangerous thing to lose

• Hugs
Reactions: notsure04, patheticpartner and newave3
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Reminds me of the quote from Shawshank Redemption, "Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."
Im not sure I agree with this quote but Shawshank sure was a great movie.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Mendex, ClownMe and 1 other person
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
View attachment 72164
Im not sure I agree with this quote but Shawshank sure was a great movie.
It sure is a great movie, it didn't have a terribly complex plot but there was just something special about it. Also had great performances from Morgan Freeman, Tim Robbins and Bob Gunton. Most of my favourite movies are from the 90's.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Mendex and newave3
Phosphophyllite

Phosphophyllite

Aug 8, 2021
I had hope so many times. And every single time, it was crushed.

A few months ago, I thought I finally escaped my 2 year long trauma. I was, and still am, struggling with PTSD and depression, but I really, truly believed I could move on and be happier. I even made plans for the future.

Then just a few weeks ago, I was retraumatized and everything fell apart. I'm still being retraumatized at this very moment.

I'm done.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Journeytoletgo and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Death_the_kid, VivantMort and 1 other person
SleepDealer

SleepDealer

Your Imaginary Friend
Aug 13, 2021
Hope is strange, I feel you have to want something - and actually believe it can happen - before you can feel hopeful. Right now, nothing I want is realistically attainable. Unless someone can convince me that I'm going to wake up in another world tomorrow, I probably won't be feeling hopeful any time soon. I'm not really bothered by it. It's just strange to go through life with no real goals or desires.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
The problem with hope/faith is they give you an unrealistically high expectation of success, which leads to less planning/preparation.

So whilst hope can be dangerous in making us lazy, expecting failure is just as bad, as you don't even try.

Best to believe success is achievable, but will be difficult. Try to anticipate things that can go wrong, and assume they will. Worst that can happen in this case is you over-prepare.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, esclava, ming and 1 other person
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
You're spot on. Years ago I actually believed I could educate myself, become independent, travel, get a girlfriend, etc
Then when I realized how much work all this would take, I became depressed and have never really recovered. A fucked up mind is a waste of time. Don't forget it.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and FuneralCry
R

Remember-Me-Not

I think I'm going to be okay.
Dec 10, 2019
Holy crap this sounds exactly like what I'm going through right now. I told myself I would give life another shot and instead my hopes got shot down by life. I feel for you.

• Hugs
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
Now this is beginning to scare me. I'm no longer as emotional as I was this past year however I'm going to give ketamine a try and EMDR. However I think it is really over my skin is damaged because of so many years of exploitation by dermatologist and uneducated parents who allowed it and caused my skin damage I think it's over I can never feel good with this condition.

• Hugs
VivantMort

VivantMort

PleromaKenoma
Jul 28, 2021
Nice fantasy... We are all hope's bitches.

Agreed!! Although I'd have to say that 'hope' is the bitch (her name is Elpis), and all of us are just her "victims", as illustrated in the mythological story of Pandora's Box:

In Greek mythology, the spirit of hope (or expectation) was personified as Elpis (ἐλπίς), the last item in Pandoras Box. When Pandora opened Pandora's Box, she let out all the evils except one: hope. But without hope to accompany all their troubles, humanity was filled with despair. It was a great relief when Pandora revisited her box and let out hope as well.

In the context of Pandora's Box, some have interpreted hope as something that offsets or balances the evils that Pandora released upon the earth–as a natural antidote for them. Others suggest that there are times when hope is a delusion and despair is a more rational reaction to the human condition. I tend to relate to the latter proposition all too well. Le sigh.

Here's from whence that quote by Nikos Kazantzakis derived, me thinks:

From too much love of living,
From hope and fear set free,
I thank with brief thanksgiving,
Whatever gods may be,
That no man lives forever,
That dead men rise up never,
And that even the weariest river, winds somewhere safe to sea.

-- "
The Gardens of Proserpine" by Algernon Swinburne, 19th century English poet.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Death_the_kid, LittleJem and 3 others
N

NoPointToContinue

Student
Jun 2, 2021
Life always finds a way to crush hopes of people especially like us. We need a reason to live beyond hope. Reason that would be enough, even if our every hope has been crushed.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and VivantMort