Z

Zepphersboss3348

Sep 1, 2021
In my prior posts I stated that my life is generally Shit now because of an undiagnosable illness slowly taking everything from me as nobody knows how to treat it. Well. Weve upgraded to diagnosed illness slowly taking everything from me as nobody wants to treat it despite the fact that there is now an experimental cure for it.

Fucking. Cure.

And I'll never fucking see it. I'll Never see that fucking joy because no doctor wants to cure something they can keep making money off of. No doctor wants their patient to tell them what the diagnosis is, its ONLY acceptable to be the other way around. You show up to the ER and tell them your condition? Oh well why do you think you have that? That's a very rare condition are you sure? You know sometimes They can have false positives, you probably dont have that.

They say to me straight faced as I'm sitting in front of them in the emergency room over the symptoms that are caused by this conditions that I tested positive for. OH but it wasnt THEIR positive test that they preformed personally. No matter that I literally have the paperwork from the blood lab who preformed the test. Nope. WRONG. Patients cant know what's wrong with them, they're stupid, they dont know anything.
" I dont care if they gave me paperwork from other doctors it wasnt the ME doctor! Now go home and fuck off and stop asking for help. "

I haven't eaten in over 24 hours now and I'm honestly so fucking done. I now have unabashed proof that this doesn't need to be this way.

https://sharing.mayoclinic.org/2020...nt-with-rare-autoimmune-disorder-few-options/

As of last year it literally can be and has been cured. I currently have no treatment whatsoever for this shitfest of a disease, not even to try and mask the symptoms. Fucking. nothing.

They're just. Well we dont know why you're in pain come back if it happens again.

So I've been to the ER more than 8 times this year. Because surprise surprise when you refuse to treat the underlying condition it will indeed continue to happen.

And when I see shit like this, some very lucky rich kid getting his life back. It reminds me that there absolutely isnt "no hope" for cases like this. the only reason people are suffering is because. "Eh.. I mean, it doesnt affect me personally so why should I help" doctors are currently holding the medical system hostage. People like me who have health insurance and can afford to go to the doctors this much still die and spend decades suffering prior to doing so will continue simply because our deaths are just... not that big of a deal.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: shrek34, orange, ClownMe and 2 others
porhtna

porhtna

bad rng.
Dec 1, 2021
I really don't know what to say.. but just wanted to give you a virtual hug if you don't mind. Obviously I don't really know your situation, but try going to specific hospitals that offers the treatments you need? Like Mayo Clinic in the link you post. But you probably don't need me to tell you that. Hope things go well for you.

Reactions: dyingalone123, artificial_ineptness and NearlyIrrelevantCake
babydove

babydove

just a baby bird
Nov 29, 2021
i'm so sorry. i understand a bit where you're coming from, since i myself spent a few horrid years with my body in a total autoimmune dumpster fire that made a lot of doctors shrug at me before my body decided what organs in particular it wanted to destroy (and therefore became diagnosable). and i'm a pharm.d., so it was frustrating to be looked at like i was a crazy person by fellow healthcare providers. which i am, but it was irrelevant in this situation.

i really do understand your frustration, and it extra sucks because there are so many good providers out there who really do want to help...i try to be one myself...and there's nothing worse than being like, "hello???? something is wrong????" and getting an eyeroll from one of the bad ones.

obviously i'm not a physician etc etc even if i was i couldn't diagnose on the internet etc etc but my first thought is that you should see a rheumatologist if you haven't yet. if you have bloodwork/whatnot that seems suggestive of something autoimmune, it (hopefully) (ideally) shouldn't be too difficult to get a referral.

i wish you the very best of luck!

Reactions: porhtna
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds like an stressful situation to be in, life is just so horrible. No one should have to suffer like this. It can be awful being trapped in this human body. I'm sorry you are going through this. Whatever happens, I wish you the best.