• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Not all propaganda works this way but it is used often. "Fload the zone with shit." The Russians use this method a lot in their media channels. It is not necessartily one particular narrative that has to consolidate itself. Often there are many narratives used. Sometimes even with contradicting messages or details. The purpose is not necessarily to persuade you to one standpoint. The main goal is that you become cynical about the whole thing. Especially about politics and policies. In the end they want you to believe well all of of them are corrupt, it does not matter to vote, they are all the same. I think the problem is here a false equivalence. It might be true all politicians are liars (on certain issues it is kind of their job for example in financial crises) but they are not morally corrupt on the same level. I think in the US the major parties profit a lot of the cynicism and the resignation of wanting to change the system. Maybe I elaborate on that in another thread but I think ideally the US needed major systemical reforms. The best would be a multi-party system, ranked choice voting, better transparency laws, way different campaign finance rules. In my country these campaigns cost only a small percentage of the US campaigns (the biggest party has roundabout 25 million euros as a budget.). In the US the money often wins and all the old dynasties are poison.

All the different narratives shall confuse and puzzle you. You lose the trust in anyone. You become paranoid about evil actors and suspect that everyone is a traitor. Moreover politics should be way more centered around policies and not names of politicians. All the drama shall deflect about the real decisive things that happen.

Furthermore the Russians often use the tu quoque argument. For example they justify their war against an innocent country with other war crimes. "Well if the US could invade Iraq why shouldn't we have the right to do the same." Though one cannot justify one crime with another one. It is true in many instances the Western countries are hypocrites. For example we look away of war crimes committed by allies in Yemen. Still it is right to call out Russia for all the war crimes and the war that only one guy really wanted and imposed: Putin. It would be the right thing if Putin and Bush would go to The Hague. In a just world both of them would rot in prison for the rest of their lives.

Last edited: