• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Z

Zilver

Apr 9, 2020
It's been few days since I chose night night method as my way to ctb. Since then, I practised pressing my crotid arteries with my fingers. It took some time to succeed, but I guess I did few times. My vision faded away in black, strange feelings in my mouth and feeling like being paralyzed through my whole body. I can't be sure since I couldn't last till I pass out, but I guess that's a success?
If it is, I had several successful attempts, but I still can't pinpoint my exact sweetspot. I randomly succeed or fail to compress my carotids. Especially, I've barely succeeded from yesterday. Today ratchet and bags arrived, so I decided to give it a try with these anyway. When I cinched the ratchet enough, it felt like my head is so heavy and gonna explode. Obviously, I couldn't apply pressure any further since it felt like I'm doing it wrong. I tweaked the position of bags too little by little but I couldn't get the feeling that I'm doing it right still.
So, I came here to ask for some help. Isn't the point where I can clearly feel my heartbeats with fingers the right one? I press on that I feel my head clumsy but usually that is all. I'm even thinking, maybe I got immune to this method by hardening of my neck muscles or artery itself after few successful attempts or whatever. Can someone help me with finding the sweetspot in detail? All the tips I could find did not excatly worked for me.
Btw please excuse my poor english, it isn't my first language.

watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
All I know is that when you feel your head 'exploding' you're applying pressure to the jugular vein, so yeah this is not where you wanna apply pressure. Same thing happened to me with partial hanging and it left me with my ears hurting.

Reactions: 8272019 and autumnal
H

Halnas

Apr 11, 2020
it felt like my head is so heavy and gonna explode
That's because you compress the jugular vein and not the carotid. The blood can flow into the head but not back.
As you see here, it's just above the carotid. When you feel your heartbeat, you are most likely feeling the jugular vein. With a rope, belt, scarf or whatever you can't pinpoint the pressure to somehow block just the carotid but not the jugular.

The pressure to compress the cartoid is apparently between 10 and 15kg, the jugular is less. Usually with hanging you apply at least half of your body weight, that compresses both by sure, no way to avoid the jugular from getting compressed. And i am pretty sure that when you do it with your fingers you also compress both. If you get both, you don't get that feeling.

If you do it by a ratched, which slowly increases the pressure as you tighten it, you can hardly avoid that moment when the pressure is enough to get the vein but not yet enough for the artery.

Z

Zilver

Apr 9, 2020
Thank you all for the information. It seems the reason behind my failure was not enough pressure. I gotta give some more tries, but apparently applying more pressure instantly with fingers seems to work properly. In case of ratchet, however, I have a question.

If you do it by a ratched, which slowly increases the pressure as you tighten it, you can hardly avoid that moment when the pressure is enough to get the vein but not yet enough for the artery.

Does that mean there is no way of avoiding the exploding feeling, or increasing the pressure to the degree to block arteries will eventually remove it? I couldn't make myself to passout with fingers, and I'm very anxious if I will be able to with ratchet. 'cause I can't release the ratchet fast enough and I'm afraid I might suffocate to death with that painful feeling when things go wrong.

Last edited:
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
It's been few days since I chose night night method as my way to ctb. Since then, I practised pressing my crotid arteries with my fingers. It took some time to succeed, but I guess I did few times. My vision faded away in black, strange feelings in my mouth and feeling like being paralyzed through my whole body. I can't be sure since I couldn't last till I pass out, but I guess that's a success?
If it is, I had several successful attempts, but I still can't pinpoint my exact sweetspot. I randomly succeed or fail to compress my carotids. Especially, I've barely succeeded from yesterday. Today ratchet and bags arrived, so I decided to give it a try with these anyway. When I cinched the ratchet enough, it felt like my head is so heavy and gonna explode. Obviously, I couldn't apply pressure any further since it felt like I'm doing it wrong. I tweaked the position of bags too little by little but I couldn't get the feeling that I'm doing it right still.
So, I came here to ask for some help. Isn't the point where I can clearly feel my heartbeats with fingers the right one? I press on that I feel my head clumsy but usually that is all. I'm even thinking, maybe I got immune to this method by hardening of my neck muscles or artery itself after few successful attempts or whatever. Can someone help me with finding the sweetspot in detail? All the tips I could find did not excatly worked for me.
Btw please excuse my poor english, it isn't my first language.

The feelings you describe first (with fingers) are a success. The feelings you describe second (with ratchet) are a failure, for the jugular vein reasons people have outlined.

iu
WARNING: When applied successfully, you could lose consciousness almost instantly from the Night Night method. Fingers are (relatively) safe for testing because the pressure stops once you lose consciousness, but make sure that you only 'test' using the actual ratchet if you are fully confident that you can quickly and easily release the mechanism when you decide to stop! Even then I would personally be cautious, and suggest you don't test using the ratchet until you are fully prepared to die on that occasion.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
I

ICan’tStayHere

Apr 12, 2020
Damn I'm not getting it either, no matter where I press I feel the sensation of pressure in my head. I've read through the forums and a lot of it is below your Adam's apple. I'm female so obvs I don't have one . Any females here who could tell me where their sweet spot is?

C

Cadō

Mar 26, 2020
Are you sure that you didn't have a mini-stroke? Those feelings that you describe sound relative to a medical experience.

How are you feeling now?

H

Halnas

Apr 11, 2020
Does that mean there is no way of avoiding the exploding feeling, or increasing the pressure to the degree to block arteries will eventually remove it? I couldn't make myself to passout with fingers, and I'm very anxious if I will be able to with ratchet. 'cause I can't release the ratchet fast enough and I'm afraid I might suffocate to death with that painful feeling when things go wrong.
It depends on your body and that ratchet you try.
You get that feeling because blood can flow into the brain but not back out. If blood can't flow into it, you don't get it. If blood can't get into it but also not out, you also don't get it.

If you first compress the vein and then increase the pressure and also block the arteries, the feeling will get a lot less, because there is no blood from the body still pushing up, but i bet it won't vanish completely, because you already built up pressure that's still there. But take that with a grain of salt, because if i would have experienced that, i wouldn't be able to write to you right now.
And there is no way for you to test it, because you can't release the ratchet fast enough if you already got it to a point where it starts to compress the carotid. It's seconds and you are gone.

The only way to be sure that you don't get that feelings is to drop that ratchet and do partial hanging. There you can always stay up, apply the rope different, and do it again, till you find a position where it doesn't feel horrible.

Z

Zilver

Apr 9, 2020
How are you feeling now?
I'm fine as normal as usual. I don't know if this thing is mini-storke or not, but it dissipates within seconds when I release carotids, so it seems no worries.

The only way to be sure that you don't get that feelings is to drop that ratchet and do partial hanging
Well.. I tried night night because it seemed easiest and most convinient, but even then it's so hard to do it painlessly and quickly. I guess I might consider my alternative and also do some research on partial hanging too. Thank you so much for answering my questions.

H

Halnas

Apr 11, 2020
Do you have a link to the mega thread for that? And how easy is it for that to mess up
It's all the hanging threads.
It's hanging, just that aren't fully suspended, you stay on your tiptoes while tightening the rope and kneel down or lean into it. Or you stand on a little box to do the knot and step down from it. It has the benefit that you can stand up and readjust if the knot is wrong. Pretty much all suicide-stream videos there are are partial hanging and it is the most common form of hanging and hanging is the most common form of suicide.

The pressure to compress the cartoid is apparently between 10 and 15kg, the jugular is less.
To correct myself, according to some emergency medicine book here, it's 2kg for the vein, 5kg for the carotid and 15kg for the airway.

I

ICan’tStayHere

Apr 12, 2020
It's all the hanging threads.
It's hanging, just that aren't fully suspended, you stay on your tiptoes while tightening the rope and kneel down or lean into it. Or you stand on a little box to do the knot and step down from it. It has the benefit that you can stand up and readjust if the knot is wrong. Pretty much all suicide-stream videos there are are partial hanging and it is the most common form of hanging and hanging is the most common form of suicide.

To correct myself, according to some emergency medicine book here, it's 2kg for the vein, 5kg for the carotid and 15kg for the airway.
I think the positioning of my legs is what screwed up my attempt at partial hanging. I was leaning into it barely on my feet I blacked out without realising and woke up on my feet convulsing. If only I would have dropped my legs more I could have done it, but it felt impossible or really hard to do. That's why I'm wondering if I'll have better luck with full suspension I wouldn't have to worry about the positioning of my legs.

Reactions: Worndown
Z

Zilver

Apr 9, 2020
Sorry to bring old thread back, but recently I feel that my time is nigh. I think I will ctb at most 7 days one way or another.
So, the problem is my alternative (exit bag) takes preperation and resources which I don't think I can get in few days. Firearms or drugs are extremely hard to acquire in my country. I came back to this method. In fact, I've been practicing night night with ratchet (I became familiar with ratchet and can release within seconds now) every night when my family is asleep for a week or so. I never succeeded in getting me to pass out or even fade visions away which was possible with my fingers. As suggested by above posts, I tried to maximize the pressure instantly. The ratchet was cinched until it no longer could be within few seconds. All I get is the same exploding feeling. I even waited like 20 seconds to check if it's just taking longer than expected with no luck. Any idea what am I doing wrong would be appreciated, please.
If I can't make it work before my mind reaches limit, I am going to try partial hanging. However, that uses same carotid method, so I doubt it will work. If even that fails, I wanted to avoid painful method but I guess I'm left with no choice. I guess falling from 25th floor will hurt but ensure ctb?

Q

qwerty32

I tried.
Apr 13, 2020
I think I found the spots on myself. I just applied pressure for like 2 secs and passed out. Think under your jaw on both sides and where the neck and head meets.