• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H

HadItAll

I just want to be completely forgotten
Feb 20, 2023
How can people keep this shit in their homes? I'd be constantly paranoid that the cylinder would blast through a wall/door and kill my neighbors or ruin the house. I was so looking forward to having this ready, but as the paranoid person I've become in the past few years I looked up all the security concerns and sure enough - here's a big one.

Why the fuck are those regulators at the end so fucking weak? Literally the tank only has to fall over for it to pop off. BULLSHIT.

Now I'll have to look into SN it seems.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Yay!
Reactions: Source Energy, Pluto, MyLifeIsANightmare and 1 other person
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
I have had a cylinder in my house for 4 years with no problems. I have seen a bunch of cylinders at my work and never seen one having a leak.

You obviously have to handle it with care.

Accidents happen on industries because they manage tens of thousands of cylinders and humans errors happen.

Reactions: downndone2, mafuyu, outrider567 and 2 others
H

HadItAll

Feb 20, 2023
I have had a cylinder in my house for 4 years with no problems. I have seen a bunch of cylinders at my work and never seen one having a leak.

You obviously have to handle it with care.

Accidents happen on industries because they manage tens of thousands of cylinders and humans errors happen.
Where do you keep that shit? In a closet? I don't exactly have a house to myself, I live in a one bedroom apartment. So my options are limited.

Is there anything you can put on top of that regulator as a safety measure to avoid it snapping off?

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Oh come on, just make sure it doesn't fall, how hard is that? A huge 3000 liter Nitrogen tank been in my house for 11 months now, 70 lbs yet its still easy to make sure it doesn't fall

Reactions: HadItAll
H

HadItAll

Feb 20, 2023
Oh come on, just make sure it doesn't fall, how hard is that? A huge 3000 liter Nitrogen tank been in my house for 11 months now, 70 lbs yet its still easy to make sure it doesn't fall
Well, I have to effectively hide it and what if a guest accidentally tips it over in my closet or something.

• Yay!
Reactions: Interloper
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Where do you keep that shit? In a closet? I don't exactly have a house to myself, I live in a one bedroom apartment. So my options are limited.

Is there anything you can put on top of that regulator as a safety measure to avoid it snapping off?
Nothing is going to snap off, my giant tank is sitting contently in the laundry room, still in its box but connected to the flowmeter/regulator and EEBD hood

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Where do you keep that shit?
Mine is standing between a sofa and a wall, with a rolled up yoga mat in its front (which is compressed between the sofa and wall), so it's impossible for the cylinder to fall.

I have to effectively hide it
Cylinders already come concealed inside a box. :haha:

M

missingpeace

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2023
Rent a storage room for a short while.

SCW

SCW

Aug 21, 2022
The cylinders you're seeing issues with in industrial videos are being used and reused without much if any maintenance. That combined with the number of cylinders being stored makes the accidents look more frequent than they actually are.

Reactions: outrider567 and HadItAll
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
How can people keep this shit in their homes? I'd be constantly paranoid that the cylinder would blast through a wall/door and kill my neighbors or ruin the house. I was so looking forward to having this ready, but as the paranoid person I've become in the past few years I looked up all the security concerns and sure enough - here's a big one.

Why the fuck are those regulators at the end so fucking weak? Literally the tank only has to fall over for it to pop off. BULLSHIT.

Now I'll have to look into SN it seems.

Imagine having an earthquake with that inside your closet.

• Wow
Reactions: wait.what and HadItAll
H

HadItAll

Feb 20, 2023
  • Yay!
Reactions: Peerless_Cucumber, wait.what and lionetta12
wr3ck3d

wr3ck3d

My color says "Wanderer" so let's go with that
Feb 12, 2023
Buy a storage room and a holder like for the fire extinguisher. Depending on where you live you may never experience strong earthquakes, but if something you worry about try to look on the internet for seismic activity in your area. Like anything, your extinguisher will be the safest... in the doorway

Reactions: HadItAll and lionetta12
K

kitkat7777

Feb 16, 2023
N gas is volatile under pressure. I used to do N gas testing. I wouldn't be too worried about it in a cylinder.

Reactions: Mare Imbrium
H

HadItAll

Feb 20, 2023
N gas is volatile under pressure. I used to do N gas testing. I wouldn't be too worried about it in a cylinder.
Could you elaborate what you mean by volatile in this context?

ChildrensITV

ChildrensITV

Arcanist
Mar 14, 2023
Can you lie it on its side so it doesn't fall over?

H

HadItAll

Feb 20, 2023
BUMP!!!!! Anyone else knowledgeable could join in on this conversation? I need to get over my fear of storing it indoors ASAP. Can never know for how long a method will be available these days.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
BUMP!!!!! Anyone else knowledgeable could join in on this conversation? I need to get over my fear of storing it indoors ASAP. Can never know for how long a method will be available these days.
Your fears are groundless--I've had my huge Nitrogen tank in my store room for a over a year now

H

HadItAll

Feb 20, 2023
Your fears are groundless--I've had my huge Nitrogen tank in my store room for a over a year now
Where is this store room though? In your house or apartment? I'd have to store mine in my one room apartment.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Where is this store room though? In your house or apartment? I'd have to store mine in my one room apartment.
In my condo, its where the washer/dryer is also

H

HadItAll

Feb 20, 2023
In my condo, its where the washer/dryer is also
Is the place where you store it susceptible to temperature changes? My apartment can get pretty hot during summer.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Is the place where you store it susceptible to temperature changes? My apartment can get pretty hot during summer.
Yes, it gets hotter in the summer in the storeroom--But never above 85 degrees--Nitrogen tanks aren't at any risk until the temp hits 125 degrees

H

HadItAll

Feb 20, 2023
Yes, it gets hotter in the summer in the storeroom--But never above 85 degrees--Nitrogen tanks aren't at any risk until the temp hits 125 degrees
I guess my apartment could hit 35-38 degrees Celsius absolute maximum. Do you think it's safe to store it in such conditions? And what happens above 125 fahrentheit? (I'm assuming you're talking about Fahrenheit)

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I guess my apartment could hit 35-38 degrees Celsius absolute maximum. Do you think it's safe to store it in such conditions? And what happens above 125 fahrentheit? (I'm assuming you're talking about Fahrenheit)
Even 38 degrees Celsius is only 100 degrees--and even past 125 degrees, the tank never explodes, it just sort of spits out the Nitrogen, kind of like an out of control fire extinguisher--Btw, why don't get an air-conditioner if you're worried about heat

H

HadItAll

Feb 20, 2023
and even past 125 degrees, the tank never explodes, it just sort of spits out the Nitrogen, kind of like an out of control fire extinguisher--Btw, why don't get an air-conditioner if you're worried about heat
Doesn't it become airborne above 125 degrees?

I have air conditioner, but I am not always at home, especially during the peak heat

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Doesn't it become airborne above 125 degrees?

I have air conditioner, but I am not always at home, especially during the peak heat
Can't you set it at automatic 80 degrees while you're gone?

H

HadItAll

Feb 20, 2023
Can't you set it at automatic 80 degrees while you're gone?
Maybe that could work. Still got to be ready for the worst case scenario of 100 degrees in case I forget to turn on the air conditioner or something.

What about if I open a window in winter and it gets really cold in my apartment?

Last edited:
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Maybe that could work. Still got to be ready for the worst case scenario of 100 degrees in case I forget to turn on the air conditioner or something.

What about if I open a window in winter and it gets really cold in my apartment?
Doesn't matter, there is no minimum temp that affects nitrogen gas tank

leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
there's risks with gas tanks, yeah, but a lot of things are hazardous when you think about it. my ex as a glassblower and we'd fly down the highway with a 70's pinto stocked with gas tanks for glassblowing, usually while being really fkn high. go figure, im still here.

• Yay!