Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
I am scared. Tomorrow is not only a triggering date for me because of something very bad that happened that's unrelated to the topic, but I also have a cardiology appointment tomorrow and they're doing an ultrasound because of my bad heart. I'm nervous because I don't want them making comments on how cool it is to look at something like that because it feels like they're not taking it seriously which only empowers me to s/h and want to CTB. I am panicking. Please help me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Immensevoid, Praestat_Mori and Costrecce
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Tell them not to say anything. They shouldn't have a problem with that.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and MyChoiceAlone
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
I hope not, though ik my parents might bc they think I'm overly sensitive already

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Just explain to them that you're uncomfortable with any unnecessary comments about your body and that you don't want them saying such things. I'm sure they'll take note of that and do what you requested of them. Good luck tomorrow, though. Hopefully your appointment goes well without any problems!

Reactions: SpiritualDeath and Praestat_Mori
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
to give context, I am AFAB (assigned female at birth) so I'm supposed to be okay with this shit, but I'm not because it's ig one can say violating for lack of a better term. Idk, I must be oversensitive knowing today is the day of the appointment along with it being a triggering day. I wish I can just rip out my heart Mortal Kombat style

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Costrecce
thebookofdisquiet.

thebookofdisquiet.

Student
Sep 9, 2023
Please don't feel scared of telling them to not comment, if they're good professionals the patient's comfort is a priority. No one ever said no to me when I refused to weigh myself or undress to avoid questions about being underweight.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and アホペンギン
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
It works? Just like that?

thebookofdisquiet.

thebookofdisquiet.

Student
Sep 9, 2023
It works? Just like that?
Well yeah, they're being paid to do it + a comfortable patient makes any procedure easier, they won't complain to anyone, etc.
+ it's your body, if what's being said isn't necessary (like observations being written down for your doctor to go through later), just chit chat, you can just say "can you please refrain from commenting about it? I'd feel better if I don't hear it." and I don't know, ask them questions if you need to stay silent and let them talk about other things.

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
My dad might be whiny about it being like "ehh, you're too sensitive" (context: I'm a disabled adult and parents are helping me out until I'm in independent living)

thebookofdisquiet.

thebookofdisquiet.

Student
Sep 9, 2023
My dad might be whiny about it being like "ehh, you're too sensitive" (context: I'm a disabled adult and parents are helping me out until I'm in independent living)
Better to hear your dad's annoying opinion and then ignoring it than going through an uncomfortable avoidable situation with strangers.
Giving you MY opinion: don't believe him, having boundaries and dislikes doesn't make you sensitive + sensibility isn't a bad thing, you're just trying to avoid unnecessary anxiety.

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
I just got done with appointment. It went semi decently. Dad was out for majority of it thank god. Hearing the sounds of my heart for the first time was interesting except for a few bits of scratching noise. Don't like scratchy, but otherwise, it was better than last visit.

Reactions: thebookofdisquiet.
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
I just got done with appointment. It went semi decently. Dad was out for majority of it thank god. Hearing the sounds of my heart for the first time was interesting except for a few bits of scratching noise. Don't like scratchy, but otherwise, it was better than last visit.
I'm really happy that things went better than you initially thought. Anxiety can make any situation into hell before it even happens.