Have you ever told anyone about this site?

• Yes

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • No

Votes: 58 71.6%

• Total voters
sadak_the_wanderer

sadak_the_wanderer

An appropriate painting
Mar 19, 2018
I was briefly tempted to mention it to someone on 4chan who was asking about methods. It's probably the closest I'll get to telling anyone about it. In person? Absolutely not.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
No never told anyone IRL, it's way too risky and dangerous. CTB'ing itself is already arduous as it takes research, knowledge, planning, and what not just to obtain the method, then waiting for the right conditions and time to ctb, as well as building the courage to overcome that big (psychological) elephant in the room called the SI (survival instinct).

It's also really difficult to maintain a normal front (or as close to normal as possible) IRL while being true to ourselves here as it takes a lot of energy to do so. While I'm not imminently going to ctb, I'm just obtaining my method so that I can check out when things get too shitty to bear.

I guess its really different in first world country. As for me I told people thats "close" to me that I want to to kill myself. Yes they tried to talk me out of it and such but I just told them none of them can stop me. And I told them out of politeness and responsibility. Its not good to leave without telling anyone of course thats my view alone and its my way to prepare them for the real thing. So they wont be so shock or sad. If theyre sad about it then I am still here. They can still talk to me about it. I dont want to leave any questions unanswered. There's enough regret in this world already. I am still figuring out how to tell my mother though. It wont be pretty. I tried to make them hate me but didnt work as well as I want it to.

Reactions: sif and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
I guess its really different in first world country. As for me I told people thats "close" to me that I want to to kill myself. Yes they tried to talk me out of it and such but I just told them none of them can stop me. And I told them out of politeness and responsibility. Its not good to leave without telling anyone of course thats my view alone and its my way to prepare them for the real thing. So they wont be so shock or sad. If theyre sad about it then I am still here. They can still talk to me about it. I dont want to leave any questions unanswered. There's enough regret in this world already. I am still figuring out how to tell my mother though. It wont be pretty. I tried to make them hate me but didnt work as well as I want it to.

No I didnt tell anyone about this site but I told people that I am going to ctb. So we can have a closure.

Reactions: sif and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
Not by name or in great deal, but I have spoken about it with four or five people. I just call it 'the suicide site'. Honestly, I wouldn't want them on here anyway. They are the type to pretend to be pro-choice but when things turn serious, they are pro-life whackjobs.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Angst Filled Fuck Up and therhydler
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
I just joined two days ago. It was such a relief to find this place that I wanted to tell someone in real life. But I realized it would just be depressing because there is no way they'd understand how this is good for me. And how it is valid that the people here make me feel more supported than my in real life "friends" who don't even reach out or give a shit.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, traveller and 4 others