Kempel556

Kempel556

Luce sicut stellae
Sep 26, 2023
I flunked my first year of college so I am repeating it this year, and I´ve never felt worse I always hated school because nobody was kind or nice to me, instead they just
pushed me to the side and made fun of me. When I went to college I tought It would be different but its the same way school used to be, I tried to OD before multiple times but just couldn´t get it right, I would passout, vomit and be unconscious but I would always wake up. I dont know If I can face another year of college this time

• Hugs
Reactions: Lammpz, リンさん, EternalShore and 2 others
R

Renee

Sep 14, 2023
I understand. Iwent though that. I grew up Presbyterian and went to a Baptist college and the first couple of years playued along and had many friends. I was very popular. I even did sermons well more like a long Bible lesson and played guitar and sand a song at the old ladies poor folks home. Then I got tired and could not put up with the Baptist heresy theology and BOOM I was persona non grata,

Everything bad about high school is magnified in college. more studies more stress more bad social stuff. I do not have an answer except to have resilience. College only lasts a few years and then you get much better job. I had not friends. No one wanted to hang with me because I quit going to all these BAptist type functions. I was so miserable and disallusioned because these "Christians" were very superficial.

What you are going through is not uncommon. I know that does not make it easier. Try to forget about today and think about how this suffering is worth it. I so wish I could say more. I wish I could help.

My oldest brother was accounting major and I failed accounting 3 times and same with statistics. I was bad when I see stats teacher and she said- Oh you again? I never did understand eithr. It was just 4th time I had memorized test questions correct answers.

Just remember "if Renee can get through this so can I". Hugs!!! Renee

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore, R.F. and Kempel556
Kempel556

Kempel556

Luce sicut stellae
Sep 26, 2023
I understand. Iwent though that. I grew up Presbyterian and went to a Baptist college and the first couple of years playued along and had many friends. I was very popular. I even did sermons well more like a long Bible lesson and played guitar and sand a song at the old ladies poor folks home. Then I got tired and could not put up with the Baptist heresy theology and BOOM I was persona non grata,

Everything bad about high school is magnified in college. more studies more stress more bad social stuff. I do not have an answer except to have resilience. College only lasts a few years and then you get much better job. I had not friends. No one wanted to hang with me because I quit going to all these BAptist type functions. I was so miserable and disallusioned because these "Christians" were very superficial.

What you are going through is not uncommon. I know that does not make it easier. Try to forget about today and think about how this suffering is worth it. I so wish I could say more. I wish I could help.

My oldest brother was accounting major and I failed accounting 3 times and same with statistics. I was bad when I see stats teacher and she said- Oh you again? I never did understand eithr. It was just 4th time I had memorized test questions correct answers.

Just remember "if Renee can get through this so can I". Hugs!!! Renee
Thanks for the anwser, I´ll be sure to remeber :)

R

Renee

Sep 14, 2023
Please do. Hugs, Renee

Reactions: Kempel556
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
agreed~ College is terrible! >_< It's basically high school 2! :( I guess I don't get made fun of anymore, but I'm pushed to the side and ignored just as you are! :/
And then, some people act nice when they don't actually care about you one one bit! >:( And you're forced to sit there and watch all of it!
The homework is definitely worse than high school too as it can't all be finished there! >_< But at least, it gives you something to do even tho depression is going to make it quite difficult to finish... :(((

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, Lammpz and Kempel556
Kempel556

Kempel556

Luce sicut stellae
Sep 26, 2023
agreed~ College is terrible! >_< It's basically high school 2! :( I guess I don't get made fun of anymore, but I'm pushed to the side and ignored just as you are! :/
And then, some people act nice when they don't actually care about you one one bit! >:( And you're forced to sit there and watch all of it!
The homework is definitely worse than high school too as it can't all be finished there! >_< But at least, it gives you something to do even tho depression is going to make it quite difficult to finish... :(((
Im glad I could find someone who can relate :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Lammpz and EternalShore
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
Im glad I could find someone who can relate :)
Same! :DDD It'd be really nice if everyone around you didn't expect you to either love it or high school tho~ :p When both are like the worst ever! >_<

• Love
Reactions: Lammpz and Kempel556
Kempel556

Kempel556

Luce sicut stellae
Sep 26, 2023
Same! :DDD It'd be really nice if everyone around you didn't expect you to either love it or high school tho~ :p When both are like the worst ever! >_<
We are just expected to put up with it and move on, but they dont realize how hard it is

• Hugs
Reactions: Lammpz and EternalShore
リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
Im so sorry for your terrible experience with college. It really is hard for people like us out there. I feel similar, because I hated HS and school in general so much back when I used to go there.

I am privileged enough to pursue my career without needing a degree and having support from my family. I'm sure I would've been way more suicidal had I decided to get higher education.

I hope it can get better for you <3

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lammpz, EternalShore and Kempel556
Kempel556

Kempel556

Luce sicut stellae
Sep 26, 2023
Im so sorry for your terrible experience with college. It really is hard for people like us out there. I feel similar, because I hated HS and school in general so much back when I used to go there.

I am privileged enough to pursue my career without needing a degree and having support from my family. I'm sure I would've been way more suicidal had I decided to get higher education.

I hope it can get better for you <3
Thank you , I hope it can get better because I can´t take it much more :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Lammpz and リンさん
lefi

lefi

waiting for rainy days
Aug 19, 2023
I flunked my first year of college so I am repeating it this year, and I´ve never felt worse I always hated school because nobody was kind or nice to me, instead they just
pushed me to the side and made fun of me. When I went to college I tought It would be different but its the same way school used to be, I tried to OD before multiple times but just couldn´t get it right, I would passout, vomit and be unconscious but I would always wake up. I dont know If I can face another year of college this time
I understand, it's the same for me. I'm repeating my second year now, and in these two years I didn't make any friends (or even talk to anyone). I guess I just don't click with people. I'm mostly rotting in my room and I feel like I'm wasting my time doing nothing. And these are supposed to be "the best years of your life", makes me want to end it all right now..

• Hugs
Reactions: Lammpz, EternalShore and Kempel556
Kempel556

Kempel556

Luce sicut stellae
Sep 26, 2023
I understand, it's the same for me. I'm repeating my second year now, and in these two years I didn't make any friends (or even talk to anyone). I guess I just don't click with people. I'm mostly rotting in my room and I feel like I'm wasting my time doing nothing. And these are supposed to be "the best years of your life", makes me want to end it all right now..
I only talk to people in college if I absolutely need too, during my first year people just talked about me behind my back and they didn´t even try to hide it they just spoke it out loud and they kept starring at me as if I was nothing compared to them

Reactions: Lammpz
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
College is garbage in my country.
How I hate that colleges focus more on competition than on knowledge, and the worst part is when they tell you that college guarantees "success."

On the other hand, the college seems more like a high school, where students exclude you for no reason.

When I was in college, my professors were useless, especially the young ones.
I remember having a professor who always tried to give us "motivational" phrases but left us with a ton of work without explaining the class topics. He thought it was better to study in class and work at home.
The worst part is that this professor doesn't realize that everyone is different, and there are people who learn differently.

I have ADHD, and it has affected my studies a lot because despite having a good memory, I can't concentrate in class, and it takes me a long time to finish my assignments.

But it seems the professor was a complete idiot, and no matter how many times I told him I had ADHD, he would tell me I had to work faster because "that's how it will be when you work."
Another thing I hated about that professor was that he always criticized my work for lacking "creativity" and "color."
What the hell am I supposed to do?
Does it matter more to make the work "super pretty" than to be intelligent?

Then I realized he was only working for money rather than teaching...
I'm sure he's not the only professor who behaves like a complete jerk.
Unfortunately, education, just like mental health, is more of a business than something serious...
That's why I dropped out of college; I really didn't feel motivated to learn in a place that only cares about money...

Last edited:
Reactions: Lammpz, peace_van and Kempel556