• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

C

Coolchicka

Jul 20, 2018
I was wondering if y'all heard of anyone dying from this method whether it be on the news or on this forum. I don't have many options available as I live in a third world country with my parents and relatives are always watching over me.

This is the easiest and most reliable method for me, so I was wondering what your thoughts of it are.

WolfgangA

WolfgangA

Devil’s Advocate
Apr 9, 2019
It may seem easy and reliable but truth is for most people, its rather difficult to pull off. Simply put the complexities involved in this method makes it rather unreliable.

Reactions: Coolchicka
C

Coolchicka

Jul 20, 2018
BUMP. Someone please help me with this. This is pretty much the only option I have.

I

intens

Apr 27, 2019
I don't know. But you should probably try hyperventilating without being in water first to see how you react to it. But yeah - this is also my only method.
But wishing you the very best

C

Coolchicka

Jul 20, 2018
I don't know. But you should probably try hyperventilating without being in water first to see how you react to it. But yeah - this is also my only method.
But wishing you the very best
Thank you. Same to you. Message me sometime if you want to talk.

L

Longman

Student
Jan 9, 2019
There was one blog (Kefka Ponders) about SWB.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/shallow-water-blackout-experiences.14916/post-288883

DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
Looks like the easiest way is to hyperventilate while in a few feet of water while crouching, then after a minute or two of hyperventilating when you start to feel light headed and dizzy stand up suddenly. You should pass out and fall into the water, and that'll be that. If you don't pass out, then you need to hyperventilate for longer or do it faster.

Just make sure you're in a quiet place where you won't be found for at least an hour. If there are lifeguards or people nearby they can get you medical aid quickly enough to save you.

While hyperventilating isn't exactly fun, it isn't what I'd call painful. So this should be a pretty quick and painless method.

Last edited:
C

Coolchicka

Jul 20, 2018
Looks like the easiest way is to hyperventilate while in a few feet of water while crouching, then after a minute or two of hyperventilating when you start to feel light headed and dizzy stand up suddenly. You should pass out and fall into the water, and that'll be that. If you don't pass out, then you need to hyperventilate for longer or do it faster.

Just make sure you're in a quiet place where you won't be found for at least an hour. If there are lifeguards or people nearby they can get you medical aid quickly enough to save you.

While hyperventilating isn't exactly fun, it isn't what I'd call painful. So this should be a pretty quick and painless method.
I can't go to a body of water because my parents and relatives are constantly watching over me. The most I have is a bucket. Would that work?

T

thisplaceisaprison

Student
Mar 20, 2019
I can't go to a body of water because my parents and relatives are constantly watching over me. The most I have is a bucket. Would that work?

I was thinking about trying this method in a tub. I don't think a bucket would work because if you convulse you'll knock it over most likely.

Reactions: Hunter100
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019

I don't think a bucket will work, because you'd have to pass out in such a way that your nose and mouth would be underwater. You'd just wake up wet with a knocked over bucket I think.

A bathtub or Jacuzzi probably wouldn't work for the same reason unless it was big enough to fall in and have your head end up underwater, and falling would probably make a loud noise that would alert people nearby that something was going on.

Dreamcolleger

Dreamcolleger

I surrender... I SURRENDER!
Apr 26, 2019
Jesus dude, a bucket? That's on the same as level killing two men with a pencil like John Wick.

Reactions: voyager, puppy9 and Coolchicka
C

Coolchicka

Jul 20, 2018
I don't think a bucket will work, because you'd have to pass out in such a way that your nose and mouth would be underwater. You'd just wake up wet with a knocked over bucket I think.

A bathtub or Jacuzzi probably wouldn't work for the same reason unless it was big enough to fall in and have your head end up underwater, and falling would probably make a loud noise that would alert people nearby that something was going on.
Okay, thank you.
Jesus dude, a bucket? That's on the same as level killing two men with a pencil like John Wick.
Bro I live the rural part of a third world country. Lmk if you have any other ideas. haha

I

I'm exhausted

Living in constant fear. I need cats!!
Jul 12, 2019
Have you heard of blood choke? I found a method thread for this written by a formal marine. If done right you won't feel pain and pass out quick and then become brain dead. I'd recommend looking that up. All you need are tape or rope and a small solid object to put pressure on your arteries. Let me know what you think.

C

Coolchicka

Jul 20, 2018
Have you heard of blood choke? I found a method thread for this written by a formal marine. If done right you won't feel pain and pass out quick and then become brain dead. I'd recommend looking that up. All you need are tape or rope and a small solid object to put pressure on your arteries. Let me know what you think.

I'll look into it, thanks for the idea!

Reactions: I'm exhausted
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
I only ever succeeded in briefly passing out and waking up coughing and sputtering with my nose burning from the water. Maybe Im doing something wrong, maybe I should choose the river over bathtub so I cant escape

LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
There's a person (kefka) that has researched and wrote about many methods. He has an interesting commentary on shallow water blackout. Google it and check it out....

Ah I see someone above has mentioned it as well.

L

Longman

Student
Jan 9, 2019
I only ever succeeded in briefly passing out and waking up coughing and sputtering with my nose burning from the water. Maybe Im doing something wrong, maybe I should choose the river over bathtub so I cant escape
The reason why 'hyperventilation fainting' method does not work may be because this fainting is caused by temporary cerebral blood pressure drop (see article below). On the contrary, fainting during SWB is caused by low oxygen level in the bloodstream.

Recently found an article about hyperventilation fainting experiments https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2069749/pdf/brmedj03507-0012.pdf . Authors wrote that there was a 30-second period of 'generalized clonic convulsions and apnoea' after fainting. Consciousness is regained immediately after convulsions stop (according to video www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOHGXoiS_Dk ). So, even if you make your first breath underwater while unconscious, several seconds later you will wake up, with burning lungs.

zherhk

zherhk

Student
Nov 25, 2019
Blackout from freediving give a 100% success rate if nobody can rescue you. Doctors found that it happens for hypertension rather than hypotension, so it's now wrong calling it syncope.
Hyperventilating before a dive will lower CO2 levels and all the early alarms like diaphragm contractions are dangerously delayed, cutting times between need to breath again and blackout.

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
So I can basically keep trying till I die of natural causes, unless I somehow will my blood pressure to rise :)

zherhk

zherhk

Student
Nov 25, 2019
I think freediving blackout can work as a suicide method. But I think you have to actually become a freediver first. You have to be able to hold your breath at least 4 minutes and be able to dive underwater well etc. Then once you can do that then you can super hyperventilate then go deep under water and freediving blackout will happen. So it requires training , dedication, focus, hard work, discipline , practice and then it's relatively easy once you can hold your breath for at least 4 minutes.
I have trained and took first basic and then advanced courses as freediver. I've see few fellow friends training and just blackout during dynamic apnea at the pool.
4 minutes doesn't mean anything specific, a 30mt dive last less than 2 minutes.
For the record you don't blackout at the bottom but when you get back from -10 to surface for specific laws of pressure and how they affects your lungs. Even if you start breathing again the wrong way after the dive you could blackout.
Indeed blackout is a consequence of holding breath for too long. Doesn't matter the freediver experience.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I have trained and took first basic and then advanced courses as freediver. I've see few fellow friends training and just blackout during dynamic apnea at the pool.
4 minutes doesn't mean anything specific, a 30mt dive last less than 2 minutes.
For the record you don't blackout at the bottom but when you get back from -10 to surface for specific laws of pressure and how they affects your lungs. Even if you start breathing again the wrong way after the dive you could blackout.
Indeed blackout is a consequence of holding breath for too long. Doesn't matter the freediver experience.
What i meant is i have severe pain and misery holding my breath for a long time and i can do so only for 1 minute or so even with hyperventilating. What I meant is that with a lot of apnea training , co2 tables etc. If i could get my breath hold to 4 minutes it might be easier to blackout for me underwater. I want to be able to tolerate co2 better . i can't stand it now so it's hard to even hold my breath for long. I haven't been able to blackout yet in air . i haven't even gone into the water yet. So i could blackout now? I guess i need to learn how to swim too though.

Note: i'm trying out several suicide methods. Trying to decide on one. I do have severe ADHD so that could be why i haven't decided yet.

Last edited:
zherhk

zherhk

Student
Nov 25, 2019
What i meant is i have severe pain and misery holding my breath for a long time and i can do so only for 1 minute or so even with hyperventilating. What I meant is that with a lot of apnea training , co2 tables etc. If i could get my breath hold to 4 minutes it might be easier to blackout for me underwater. I want to be able to tolerate co2 better . i can't stand it now so it's hard to even hold my breath for long. I haven't been able to blackout yet in air . i haven't even gone into the water yet. So i could blackout now? I guess i need to learn how to swim too though.

Note: i'm trying out several suicide methods. Trying to decide on one. I do have severe ADHD so that could be why i haven't decided yet.
I don't think you understood the point.
The pain you feel when holding your breath is the urge to breath that starts with diaphragm contractions and that move to glottis contractions later because co2 is building up and o2 is fading.
With c02 training you simply get used to suffer and tolerate high levels of co2 building up that trigger the need to breath to slowly push your performance.
The more you train the more you can fight and thus suffer.
I did never hyperventilate before a dive so I didn't cheated the baseline c02 levels, which in theory shorten the timing span between realising you need to breath and blackout, but I can say from my experience that the urge to breath underwater it's a complete nightmare.
In my opinion for your situation will be a terrible method.