• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

K

kittycat089bunny

Nov 16, 2019
Just wondering what your experiences are as they're coming to see me tomorrow

CyanideSoup

CyanideSoup

Memento mori
Oct 1, 2019
Yes, and personally I dont find it helpful. I think it depends on the area you live. The first few times they'd ring me every day and come and see me every 3 or 4 days but it would be a new person everytime. This time (after I moved to a new area) they rang me every few days but I wasn't very responsive so they stopped and now I have weekly appointments with a set worker.

Crisis gives you access to a 24 hour phone number if things get difficult. They mainly work on a short term basis and make crisis plans with you to help you manage when you're struggling.

• Love
Reactions: NotSoComfortablyNumb, Moonicide and kittycat089bunny
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Just wondering what your experiences are as they're coming to see me tomorrow
Yep! - totally depends on yr personality and what you want i guess, if someone really wants to just talk to someone about how they feel- then great. I am too cynical naturally & am already quite strongly set on ctb-so obvs no good for me-I just wanted to scream in their face f**k off!! I am sure they help some people though. However they do come out with all the typical platitudes (of course) and all of them seemed pretty dumb tbh. But as I said-thats just my own reaction/ me projecting a bit. Oh and you can tell them you have some suicidal ideation but dont tell that you have 'a plan'--unless you want to be 'saved' (committed).

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: blueclover_., NotSoComfortablyNumb, SinisterKid and 1 other person
Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
Yes I have, about to have it again to. They really just asked me how I was and came up with a crisis plan. The scariest experience was when I refused for them to see me and they threatened me with the police but that never happened. I'm a tad fucked though as they are going to tell my parents even though i'm over the age of 18!

Reactions: blueclover_., NotSoComfortablyNumb and kittycat089bunny
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Nothing to worry about. They are not trained in mental health issues. They visit, talk with you for an hour or so and leave. They cant actually do anything other than call a ambulance if they see you distressed or injured. Its very unlikely they will call the police unless you threaten them as it then betrays their uses. They just check you are as ok as you can be, got meds etc then leave you to it.

Reactions: blueclover_. and kittycat089bunny
K

kittycat089bunny

Nov 16, 2019
Yep! - totally depends on yr personality and what you want i guess, if someone really wants to just talk to someone about how they feel- then great. I am too cynical naturally & am already quite strongly set on ctb-so obvs no good for me-I just wanted to scream in their face f**k off!! I am sure they help some people though. However they do come out with all the typical platitudes (of course) and all of them seemed pretty dumb tbh. But as I said-thats just own reaction/ me projecting a bit. Oh and you can tell them you have some suicidal ideation but dont tell that you have 'a plan'--unless you want to be 'saved' (committed).

thank you, are you sure that if I mentioned a plan to the U.K. crisis team they'd commit me? I've had plans before but never been put into hospital, but it is a lot worse now and I'm in a lot more danger of doing it

Reactions: Sad_Autistic_boy_101
Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Nov 19, 2019
thank you, are you sure that if I mentioned a plan to the U.K. crisis team they'd commit me? I've had plans before but never been put into hospital, but it is a lot worse now and I'm in a lot more danger of doing it
That's exactly how I feel

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
You both, Sad and Kitty, need to decide if you want to live or die. If you want to die, do not mention plans or methods to anyone outside of this place. If you want to live and try and make a go of it, tell everyone who will listen how you feel and see if the options for help are what you want them to be.

But please, think very long and hard about what you want. Death is very final as far as we are aware and none of us should be in any haste to get there. Research everything even methods of recovery, of which there are many.

This forum is all about supporting everyone in the choices they make, live or die, so there is no pressure to do either ok.

• Love
Reactions: Acopia, blueclover_., GreyMagic and 5 others
Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Nov 19, 2019
You both, Sad and Kitty, need to decide if you want to live or die. If you want to die, do not mention plans or methods to anyone outside of this place. If you want to live and try and make a go of it, tell everyone who will listen how you feel and see if the options for help are what you want them to be.

But please, think very long and hard about what you want. Death is very final as far as we are aware and none of us should be in any haste to get there. Research everything even methods of recovery, of which there are many.

This forum is all about supporting everyone in the choices they make, live or die, so there is no pressure to do either ok.
I don't really think death is final, there is afterlife which is a better place.

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
It depends how serious they think you are, but if you do feel like you might be a danger to yourself and are feeling a little scared about that, then maybe you shoud tell them-but there might be a risk of a short stay hospitilazation or they might just offer you more visits & get caregivers to keep a watchful eye on you! As SinKid says- suicide is a final decision, you dont need to make any rushed decisions either way-as you can always return to this option at a later date, maybe in the mean time you could take all the extra support & help you are being offered-and see if it might make you feel a little better? but dont worry to much, generally they are pretty casual, short visits, hope it goes ok tomo. report back after if you feel like it.

Reactions: kittycat089bunny
SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

That's the hell I live with
Apr 19, 2018
I have before.
Like everyone else has said, they just talk to you for an hour and make plans for you to follow when you are struggling.

K

kittycat089bunny

Nov 16, 2019
they were absolutely useless. They did an "assessment", yet didn't ask me ANY questions to do with how I feel or what's going on, and they left within 10 minutes

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltingHeart and SinisterKid
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Told ya it was nothing to worry about :wink:

SoupSnakes

SoupSnakes

Experienced
Nov 11, 2019
I've been under them for months and months now (way longer than you're meant to be) and I'm currently putting in a complaint about them. Some of them have been fine but most of them have been absolutely useless. They're a team made up of mental health nurses, support workers and consultants.

I think it completely depends what you want to get out of it and what you want to tell them. They can't physically 'commit' you (they can discuss you being an inpatient but they can't decide that for you), in the time I've been under them I've attempted suicide 2 times and nothing was done except for more regular visits and options for further treatment (ECT was offered to me as my last resort).

I really think that A) you get out of it what you put in and B) it completely depends on how good the nurses/support workers are within the team.

• Hugs
Reactions: SinisterKid and MeltingHeart
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
I hate it when they say 'can you keep yourself "safe" ' or how will you keep yourself safe"
they were absolutely useless. They did an "assessment", yet didn't ask me ANY questions to do with how I feel or what's going on, and they left within 10 minutes
they didnt ask you how you feel? bit shit/weird. How an earth do they assess you if they cant even ask that?! so dumb

K

kittycat089bunny

Nov 16, 2019
I hate it when they say 'can you keep yourself "safe" ' or how will you keep yourself safe"

they didnt ask you how you feel? bit shit/weird. How an earth do they assess you if they cant even ask that?! so dumb

I know, it just doesn't make sense? They didn't ask me once. They just said to go to my gp appointment on Monday, which I was going to do anyway. They know I'm high risk, but don't help. So stupid

i hate that question too. If I knew, I probably wouldn't be under the crisis team

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
I know, it just doesn't make sense? They didn't ask me once. They just said to go to my gp appointment on Monday, which I was going to do anyway. They know I'm high risk, but don't help. So stupid

i hate that question too. If I knew, I probably wouldn't be under the crisis team
What did they even ask you?! I have to say my lot did always ask me how I feeling. That was always the first question. I don't think the liked my answer

K

kittycat089bunny

Nov 16, 2019
What did they even ask you?! I have to say my lot did always ask me how I feeling. That was always the first question. I don't think the liked my answer
Honestly they didn't ask me anything. Not even a casual "how are you?". They said to go to my appointment on Monday, and that was it.