decayed beyond recognition
Mar 1, 2024
I've seen it as a young teen and to this day it's one of my favourite movies

Reactions: Homo erectus and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I also watched this movie when I was a teenager, I think it does a very good job of showing the complex web of events that lead to suicide, and how someone can be spiralling for a very long time while others do not take their suffering seriously.

The main character had a good life on paper, but then when his classmates started spreading rumors about him being gay, and harassing him, alongside the lack of support from his parents, I think he quickly fell into despair, and this is quick spiral into the abyss is complimented by the love interest Sylwia who is a NEET that gave up on life completely a long time ago and shut herself away.

It's been a long time since I saw the movie, so I cant remember if the ending tries to convey a hopeful message. But I think this film does an amazing job of showing how a person can suffer for long periods of time while everyone around them mocks and scorns them for it. Even when the main character is dying, what do the others in the bar do? Film his demise.

Reactions: xhelx and Homo erectus
X

xhelx

decayed beyond recognition
Mar 1, 2024
I also watched this movie when I was a teenager, I think it does a very good job of showing the complex web of events that lead to suicide, and how someone can be spiralling for a very long time while others do not take their suffering seriously.

The main character had a good life on paper, but then when his classmates started spreading rumors about him being gay, and harassing him, alongside the lack of support from his parents, I think he quickly fell into despair, and this is quick spiral into the abyss is complimented by the love interest Sylwia who is a NEET that gave up on life completely a long time ago and shut herself away.

It's been a long time since I saw the movie, so I cant remember if the ending tries to convey a hopeful message. But I think this film does an amazing job of showing how a person can suffer for long periods of time while everyone around them mocks and scorns them for it. Even when the main character is dying, what do the others in the bar do? Film his demise.
You wrote such a good analysis of this movie. However, I think they did quite a bad job at showing the effect of the internet in cases like this. I'm pretty sure that every normie thinks SS is something like the suicide room, where they actively encouraged the guy to ctb. Other than that, I love everything about it.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha