irrelevant_string

irrelevant_string

Student
Jun 16, 2019
I did it for myself only out of curiosity but I'm sure it's a lot more stressful when you're doing something more serious where you're worried about deadlines and how it will be perceived by others. University and exams completely take the fun out of my studying.
He'd have contributed more to society by VAing as Kermit the Frog rather than becoming the asinine political pundit he is today

- Jordan "clean up your room bucko, know that hierarchies are older than trees and that the nervous system of lobsters runs on serotonin with the level of serotonin rising as they climb up a hierarchy which is the answer to anyone questioning the ethics of our own hierarchical system and if you're a woman you should prefer a dominant partner and kids to anything else or something is wrong with you" Peterson.

I'm not sure what he's trying to accomplish with his refusal to answer any question about religion. That in particular and his debate with David Benatar are some of the things that made me question his beliefs. I have nothing against either side but he should at least be honest. You should see his debates with Sam Harris, he really pressed him on that.
I'm not sure but I think that those who follow him are mostly young people who see him as a father figure.

Last edited:
Reactions: RM5998
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Yes and no. All the philosophy and science that affected me just convinced me that life is a stupid, meaningless accident.
Evolutionary biology/psychology proves that your emotions are all just stupid animal instincts that you are physically programmed to perceive as "special" so you will think your life "matters"; it doesn't.
Absurdism is the only philosophy that is helpful in accepting this truth.

For me, anyway.
"And so the circle of Life continues, meaningless and grim. Why did they live? Why did they die? No reason."
--Futurama
I agree. Good post!.

Do you agree with efilism:
https://efilism.fandom.com/wiki/Efilism_Wiki

Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
I mean in that it affected your overall sense of wellbeing, gave you a useful new perspective or anything like that?
For me personally, I'd say two books that I think broadened my understanding of human nature would be:
Why Buddhiam is True by Robert Wright and
The Happiness Hypothesis by Johnatan Height.

I also enjoyed Ligotti's and Schopenhauer's pessimism, so it doesn't have to be conventionally therapeutic.
If anyone has any recommendations, I would appreciate it.
For me that was probably some of the Julius Evola and HHH stuff I've read.

Funnily enough the book that influenced me the most is "the dream quest of unknown Kadath" by HP Lovecraft.

Reactions: irrelevant_string