21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Hello friends, I'll try to keep it short as usual.

While trying to hang myself a couple of minutes ago, I realized that it simply isn't the method for me. I've always been afraid of new things - that explains why I just can't push to unconciousness, because I don't know whats next. Furthermore the threads on brain damage scared me too.

I realized that hanging is not the right method for me. But what other options do I have? Here is my situation:
- I'm a gigantic pussy. If I don't have control of the situation, I'm afraid.
- I live in the most flat country on the planet - there's no place high enough to jump from. (Netherlands - rural).
- My father, refusing to truly let me be independent, is watching my bank account.

I'm honestly broken right now - I'm hoping someone else, with a calm mind, can see a solution here. A method, a way, I haven't considered yet.

Thanks in advance, friends.

Reactions: Mylifeispointless, Final Escape, Strumgewehr and 12 others
W

wiroho

Student
Jan 27, 2019
If you want jump you could travel.

Reactions: Final Escape, brighter, Redt2go and 1 other person
fastFWD

fastFWD

running out of time...
Feb 12, 2019
sorry to hear friend. hanging can be a little scary indeed and your natural reaction may be to pull back if you aren't committed. what else were you thinking? i'm going with opioid/fentanyl mix for a peaceful nodding off.

Reactions: Final Escape, Jewels, letmeseethedeath and 4 others
Feline

Feline

I am Purity, they call me Perverted.
Jan 24, 2019
If you withdrew some money to travel somewhere to jump, would your Father follow you? I'm planning to jump/main line Heroin beforehand.

While trying to hang myself a couple of minutes ago, I realized that it simply isn't the method for me. I've always been afraid of new things - that explains why I just can't push to unconciousness, because I don't know whats next. Furthermore the threads on brain damage scared me too.

I realized that hanging is not the right method for me. But what other options do I have? Here is my situation:
- I live in the most flat country on the planet - there's no place high enough to jump from. (Netherlands - rural).
- My father, refusing to truly let me be independent, is watching my bank account.

I'm honestly broken right now - I'm hoping someone else, with a calm mind, can see a solution here. A method, a way, I haven't considered yet.

Reactions: Thewhowithin69, Sickman75, Salvacion and 4 others
GerMann

GerMann

year of birth: 1972
Nov 30, 2018
Sounds really bad, would drowning to cruel for you?

Reactions: brighter, Redt2go and 21Neberg
Martyn

Martyn

Smithy
Feb 14, 2019
I'm the same tried partial twice and pain got immense and I didn't pass out and I've ordered an wich is so cheap but family was there when it was delivered so only option is hanging now

Reactions: Feline, brighter, Redt2go and 1 other person
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
If you want jump you could travel.
The Netherlands is flat, extremely flat. Id have to travel way to far not to alert anyone.

I would never use this method but there are definitely trains near you. Also the SN method is cheap and easy as far as I'm aware.
I've looked into this, but it's always something I didn't want to do because of traumatizing a train driver. I've also read that European trains have guard rails on the front specifically to prevent suicides, but I don't have many other options.

Sounds really bad, would drowning to cruel for you?
Drowning is often regarded as not only extremely painful, but also as extremely hard to pull off.

Reactions: Sickman75, brighter and Redt2go
JohnUK

JohnUK

Student
Feb 15, 2019
Have you thought about going in the motorway hit by oncoming vehicle

Reactions: brighter and 21Neberg
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Have you thought about going in the motorway hit by oncoming vehicle

I have every day for the past few months. I just think it's too uncertain, though it is a very accessible method for me.

Reactions: Feline and brighter
Dutch

Dutch

Student
Feb 13, 2019
I agree, jumping in the netherlands is not ideal at all, and the high buildings we got are to secured to enter, to much risk to get arrested. What is your budget max?

Reactions: Feline, 21Neberg and brighter
Scottishchef

Scottishchef

Jan 17, 2019
Sorrh that its not for you i could not bring myself to try and hang something about it that doesnt appeal to me, u could try the sn route, or even sa, dmor 1-4, drowning but think your suvival instincts could kick in more unless sedated but also unsire if its nice easy way to go. The other methods are realtively cheap or would your father notice buying them

Reactions: Feline, 21Neberg, Memento Mori and 1 other person
Memento Mori

Memento Mori

shambling garbage
Jan 24, 2019
you could give life another try, with this stupid allocation of luck on earth I'm sure that some piano from above is gonna fall on you right after.

now seriously: ever thought of electrocution? touching something that definitely kills oneself instantly...am thinking about it as a method for me, am sure it's not very hard to find something strong enough.

Death can occur from any shock that carries enough sustained current to stop the heart. Low currents (70–700 mA) usually trigger fibrillation in the heart, which is reversible via defibrillator but is nearly always fatal without help. Currents as low as 30 mA AC or 300-500 mA DC applied to the body surface can cause fibrillation. Large currents (> 1 A) cause permanent damage via burns and cellular damage.

The voltage necessary to create current of a given level through the body varies widely with the resistance of the skin; wet or sweaty skin or broken skin can allow a larger current to flow. Whether an electric current is fatal is also dependent on the path it takes through the body, which depends in turn on the points at which the current enters and leaves the body. The current path must usually include either the heart or the brain to be fatal.

edit: just read of someone who seems to work with suicide survivors and the ones who tried electrocution said it was painful until consciousness, so it's nothing for scared people but for ones who have problems with overcoming survival instinct...very many methods are going to be painful, so much can go wrong. i like the idea of myself getting burned from the inside lol
it should be strong enough to kill instantly but if some ppl even survive a fucking lightning then idk.

what do you mean by wanting to control the situation? like cancelling it? so jumping is no option but drowning may be, if not too painful?

Last edited:
P

Psilo

Arcanist
Dec 29, 2018

Hanging, shooting yourself, train, jumping, drowning, etc etc....

These methods are too direct, if that makes any sense. You'll only trigger your survival instincts and that's a though motherfucker to beat.

Poison is and will be my only way, if anything turns to shit for me. Taxus Baccata leaves!

Using slow poison, can bypass your survival instinct.

Reactions: Beyondajoke, fastFWD and 21Neberg
I

Idorus

Arcanist
Apr 30, 2018

So no way of getting some cash to go to a WU office with it and pay N? You don't even have to let the package arrive at your place (speaking from experience).

Last edited:
Reactions: 21Neberg
I

Idorus

Arcanist
Apr 30, 2018
I agree, jumping in the netherlands is not ideal at all, and the high buildings we got are to secured to enter, to much risk to get arrested. What is your budget max?

Ik zou inmiddels veel te bang zijn om op mijn poten terecht te komen (gegarandeerd overleven without legs) en hoe voorspelbaar is dat: op je benen terechtkomen? Kan me niet voorstellen dat ik daar zwevend in de lucht nog enige controle over mijn landing heb, jij wel? ;)

@Psilo translation:
By now I would be too scared to land on my legs (guaranteed survival without legs) and how predictable is that: landing on your legs? Can not imagine that I have some control over my landing floating in the air, do you? ;)

(my way of welcoming another flat countryman here: in my own language)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tristesse
P

Psilo

Arcanist
Dec 29, 2018
English people, english.

Reactions: suffering
suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
Unfortunately I don't have anything constructive to say, except that I'm sending good thoughts in your direction. Hugs!
And you are not a pussy, you are a person fully aware of the complexity of the situation, causing you extra caution. SI is one hell of a monster, some of us have capitulated to it.

Reactions: Mark Edward and Feline
Dutch

Dutch

Student
Feb 13, 2019
Ik zou inmiddels veel te bang zijn om op mijn poten terecht te komen (gegarandeerd overleven without legs) en hoe voorspelbaar is dat: op je benen terechtkomen? Kan me niet voorstellen dat ik daar zwevend in de lucht nog enige controle over mijn landing heb, jij wel? ;)

If you jump from heigh enough, then it dont matter if you fall on your legs or head lol. But as i said: Jumping in The Netherlands from a building is to much risk in my opinion.

Reactions: 21Neberg and Idorus
deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
You are in the netherlands, have you thought about assisted suicide? I am planning to die with amitriptyline, maybe that could be your method too.

Reactions: 21Neberg and Exile
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Not a specific amount - I have some money. Large purchases I will be asked about though.

21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
You are in the netherlands, have you thought about assisted suicide? I am planning to die with amitriptyline, maybe that could be your method too.

Assisted suicide is only an option for the terminally ill, who cannot be cured and still have to be approved by multiple doctors and psychiatrists. It doesn't apply to me.

Reactions: Mylifeispointless
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Sorrh that its not for you i could not bring myself to try and hang something about it that doesnt appeal to me, u could try the sn route, or even sa, dmor 1-4, drowning but think your suvival instincts could kick in more unless sedated but also unsire if its nice easy way to go. The other methods are realtively cheap or would your father notice buying them
Thank you for your message. I will look into those chemicals!

21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
you could give life another try, with this stupid allocation of luck on earth I'm sure that some piano from above is gonna fall on you right after.

now seriously: ever thought of electrocution? touching something that definitely kills oneself instantly...am thinking about it as a method for me, am sure it's not very hard to find something strong enough.

Death can occur from any shock that carries enough sustained current to stop the heart. Low currents (70–700 mA) usually trigger fibrillation in the heart, which is reversible via defibrillator but is nearly always fatal without help. Currents as low as 30 mA AC or 300-500 mA DC applied to the body surface can cause fibrillation. Large currents (> 1 A) cause permanent damage via burns and cellular damage.

The voltage necessary to create current of a given level through the body varies widely with the resistance of the skin; wet or sweaty skin or broken skin can allow a larger current to flow. Whether an electric current is fatal is also dependent on the path it takes through the body, which depends in turn on the points at which the current enters and leaves the body. The current path must usually include either the heart or the brain to be fatal.

edit: just read of someone who seems to work with suicide survivors and the ones who tried electrocution said it was painful until consciousness, so it's nothing for scared people but for ones who have problems with overcoming survival instinct...very many methods are going to be painful, so much can go wrong. i like the idea of myself getting burned from the inside lol
it should be strong enough to kill instantly but if some ppl even survive a fucking lightning then idk.

what do you mean by wanting to control the situation? like cancelling it? so jumping is no option but drowning may be, if not too painful?

Me wanting to be in control of a situation does not mean that I wouldn't want to jump. Jumping would be a good method if it was accessible for me. Drowning is known for being very painful, even more so than other methods.

21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
If you jump from heigh enough, then it dont matter if you fall on your legs or head lol. But as i said: Jumping in The Netherlands from a building is to much risk in my opinion.

The common rule of jumping I've read on here is 100 meters above ground and 200 meters above water as a guarantee for death.

Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
The Netherlands is flat, extremely flat. Id have to travel way to far not to alert anyone.

I've looked into this, but it's always something I didn't want to do because of traumatizing a train driver. I've also read that European trains have guard rails on the front specifically to prevent suicides, but I don't have many other options.

Drowning is often regarded as not only extremely painful, but also as extremely hard to pull off.
You wouldn't traumatize the driver. To them it's like hitting birds while driving in the United States .nothing phazes them

21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
You wouldn't traumatize the driver. To them it's like hitting birds while driving in the United States .nothing phazes them
I don't think so. I've seen interviews with those train drivers, they didn't exactly look normal after it happened. The sight of someone jumping in front of your train in a bloody mess is probably something that never leaves your vision...

Reactions: Jupiter
deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
Assisted suicide is only an option for the terminally ill, who cannot be cured and still have to be approved by multiple doctors and psychiatrists. It doesn't apply to me.
This is in the netherlands too, https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-45117163

Isn't this your case too? I am confused, I thought you could apply for euthanasia due to mental conditions there.

I

Idorus

Arcanist
Apr 30, 2018

That is not entirely true. Anyone can do a request. Yesterday I was reading some stuff with numbers of mentally ill gotten green light in the past years and went through with it, 2015: 56 - 2016: 60 - 2017: 87. The number is increasing every year. It is however true that if you are pretty young chances might decrease...

21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
This is in the netherlands too, https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-45117163

Isn't this your case too? I am confused, I thought you could apply for euthanasia due to mental conditions there.

Thank you for linking that article. I'm glad she found her peace, she really was suffering.

The difference between me and her is that she's been diagnosed multiple times, and has a long history with mental illness. I have not been diagnosed with anything as I've never told anyone these past few years.

21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
That is not entirely true. Anyone can do a request. Yesterday I was reading some stuff with numbers of mentally ill gotten green light in the past years. 2015: 56 - 2016: 60 - 2017: 87. The number is increasing every year. It is however true that if you are pretty young chances might decrease...
As I just said, I don't meet the requirements. I've read them. I simply don't have the diagnoses, the history with mental health services... assisted suicide isn't simply handed to anyone who wants it.

Reactions: Memento Mori