• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

a.fool

Student
Jun 27, 2023
Does anyone know how to self harm? I have never done it but I want to do it. I want to die due to blood loss after cutting my wrist.
Right now I'm in alot of mental pain, so to ease it self harm may help, like it helps you guys.
Tell me how should I start tearing the wrist as a first timer, I'm scared too.

Mx_Pathetic

Mx_Pathetic

Delete
May 8, 2023
Does anyone know how to self harm? I have never done it but I want to do it. I want to die due to blood loss after cutting my wrist.
Right now I'm in alot of mental pain, so to ease it self harm may help, like it helps you guys.
I was hesitant to say anything but decided to say this. I doubt anyone including myself would ever suggest sh to someone as a technic of help. I'm sorry that's not the answer you're looking for. But if you truly want help you'll go see someone about how you feel. I also know this might sound rude but you realise it's as simple as getting something sharp right? I'm not recommending it I'm just curious on how you don't know that already?

• Hugs
Reactions: SSamGarrison, Kasumi, B4mbi and 1 other person
EyesOfNight

EyesOfNight

the night will be eternal
Feb 2, 2024
It's not a good idea to try to die with cutting.

I'm not gonna teach you how to cut. I can offer you alternative ideas such as screaming in a pillow (or just screaming), punching the ground (preferably sand or dirt), or punching your thigh.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Mx_Pathetic
Doombox

Doombox

Who knows, who cares
Apr 7, 2022
Nobody dies from cutting their wrists. Try this: get some ice out of the freezer and grip it in your fists till you can't stand it anymore. You'll get the pain that might lead to an endorphin release without doing any permanent damage.

Reactions: Kasumi, Suwa, B4mbi and 5 others
A

a.fool

Student
Jun 27, 2023
i doubt its going to "help" and id advise against it
People say they feel better after self harm
It's not a good idea to try to die with cutting.

I'm not gonna teach you how to cut. I can offer you alternative ideas such as screaming in a pillow (or just screaming), punching the ground (preferably sand or dirt), or punching your thigh.
I tried cutting but I couldn't. I'm a loser I'm even scared of the pain of cutting myself.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
for the most part, its a little more complex than that, it can also be 'addictive' to a sense.
its not good, or a smart idea physically or mentally

Reactions: Mx_Pathetic
A

a.fool

Student
Jun 27, 2023
for the most part, its a little more complex than that, it can also be 'addictive' to a sense.
its not good, or a smart idea physically or mentally
I don't know how to decrease my suffering any other way.

Doombox

Doombox

Who knows, who cares
Apr 7, 2022
People also say they feel better after a lot of things that will most likely only end up increasing your suffering. BTW I'm sorry you are suffering....I know how awful it is. I just can't recommend cutting as a solution.

• Informative
Reactions: Toobrokentofix, Mx_Pathetic and Life_and_Death
EyesOfNight

EyesOfNight

the night will be eternal
Feb 2, 2024
That's because it's a distracting activity and something that causes a physical reaction. You can try dipping your face in cold water or taking a cold shower or eating something spicy or eat/drink something sour or smell something strong.

Last edited:
Reactions: a.fool and Mx_Pathetic
Mx_Pathetic

Mx_Pathetic

Delete
May 8, 2023

I tried cutting but I couldn't. I'm a loser I'm even scared of the pain of cutting myself.
In no way does not being able to sh make you a loser. Like literally no way
Many people so far have given you techniques you can try for yourself to help you.

Reactions: SSamGarrison, eLdus, Doombox and 1 other person
deedeme

deedeme

Whatever
Feb 5, 2024
That isn't a good idea.

Reactions: Mx_Pathetic and a.fool
DarkThoughts

DarkThoughts

eepy guy, hoping to CTB with someone else.
Feb 6, 2024

It doesn't relieve your anguish at all, just an incredibly short-lived distraction. It's a trap which becomes increasingly hard to escape. I myself was a cutter for a few years, and it brings dire consequences.

SI is nothing to be ashamed of, we all struggle with it. I hope you are able to find peace, but there are more reliable methods.

Reactions: Mx_Pathetic and Toobrokentofix
Toobrokentofix

Toobrokentofix

Experienced
Jul 7, 2020
Cutting is shit. Sorry. Personal experience; I'm 42 years old and have been addicted to it for almost 30 years and I feel ridiculous for not being able to quit. My body is covered in ugly scars and currently I'm covered in dressings and butterfly stitches and every time I move it hurts. My skin gets really itchy alot of the time when im trying to think about/ do other things. People ask awkward questions about my scars and I feel humiliated and ashamed. Yes, in the moment it kind of "helps" me, but the consequences go on and on. People rarely ctb through cutting, but can end up with nerve damage etc. If you haven't started I would personally not recommend it. I'm sorry you feel the need to hurt yourself. I hope you can find better ways of dealing with your pain

• Hugs
Reactions: DarkThoughts, Mx_Pathetic, cryone and 2 others
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I was a cutter for 4 years, I don't recommend it and I don't know if I'd say it helps per se. It's more like desperation, if you feel you have to do it, you do it and so you feel like you accomplished what you were desperate for. It can also be addictive, like I said, I spent years cutting.

You can't ctb by cutting, it's extremely unreliable, you'd be better off with other methods.

I'm sorry you feel the need to harm yourself...I'd recommend trying the ice technique another member suggested and please don't feel bad for not sh, really, you should feel proud for not doing it. You're avoiding long term consequences. You don't gain anything by sh, really.

• Hugs
Reactions: DarkThoughts, Mx_Pathetic, cryone and 1 other person
A

a.fool

Student
Jun 27, 2023
People also say they feel better after a lot of things that will most likely only end up increasing your suffering. BTW I'm sorry you are suffering....I know how awful it is. I just can't recommend cutting as a solution.
Yeah I know all that. I wish it was easier.

• Hugs
Reactions: DarkThoughts
Silent Raindrops

Silent Raindrops

The Darkness Awaits Me
Feb 3, 2024
You say you want to die by cutting your wrist. Yes, it is possible to do so, BUT, it's a lot more complicated than you think. It's not as easy as you see in movies or TV shows.

The biggest obstacle will be the pain, and it will hurt like a bitch.

Reactions: DarkThoughts and Mx_Pathetic
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Reactions: DarkThoughts, Mx_Pathetic and a.fool
A

a.fool

Student
Jun 27, 2023
I was a cutter for 4 years, I don't recommend it and I don't know if I'd say it helps per se. It's more like desperation, if you feel you have to do it, you do it and so you feel like you accomplished what you were desperate for. It can also be addictive, like I said, I spent years cutting.

You can't ctb by cutting, it's extremely unreliable, you'd be better off with other methods.

I'm sorry you feel the need to harm yourself...I'd recommend trying the ice technique another member suggested and please don't feel bad for not sh, really, you should feel proud for not doing it. You're avoiding long term consequences. You don't gain anything by sh, really.
Thanks for your concern. I'm not cutting my wrist right now because I took the knife and I just couldn't do it.
Maybe I'll try to travel to another (bigger) city tomorrow and go to a tall building and jump off the building.

• Aww..
Reactions: ForgottenAgain
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Am so sorry for the pain you are going through but SH by cutting is not a helping solution nor is it a viable ctb method. It can be a temporary distraction by causing pain for a relief from your pain. It only lasts momentarily and may lead to longterm danger. It can also get addicting and others that do it have a hard time to stop I doubt any of them would recommend you start doing it.
If it is help you are seeking for there are other better recommended alternatives. Until then for the moment you can try wearing elastic band around your wrist and try the snapping technique. It will give you temporary distraction while it's not as dangerous. I wish you all the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: a.fool and Praestat_Mori
A

a.fool

Student
Jun 27, 2023
You say you want to die by cutting your wrist. Yes, it is possible to do so, BUT, it's a lot more complicated than you think. It's not as easy as you see in movies or TV shows.

The biggest obstacle will be the pain, and it will hurt like a bitch.
I thought you can die by blood loss like people die. Also after a certain amount of blood loss, you get unconscious so there's no more pain just death if not found and left untreated.

Silent Raindrops

Silent Raindrops

The Darkness Awaits Me
Feb 3, 2024
I thought you can die by blood loss like people die. Also after a certain amount of blood loss, you get unconscious so there's no more pain just death if not found and left untreated.
Just cutting yourself ain't going to do the trick. You have got to dig deep, and the immense pain you go through trying to accomplish it, is one of the reasons most people will not use this method.

Reactions: Mx_Pathetic and a.fool
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Please don't. Cutting is only 2% effective, will only leave you further damaged.

Reactions: Mx_Pathetic, a.fool and DarkThoughts
cryone

cryone

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
Are you trying to cut for a coping mechanism or to CTB?

for CTB, it really isn't reliable whatsoever. You also have to overcome an incredible amount of SI. As a coping mechanism it still has many flaws but if you really want to just please sanitize so you dont get infections. still, its mutilating your body and it sucks.

Reactions: Mx_Pathetic, a.fool and DarkThoughts
A

a.fool

Student
Jun 27, 2023
Please don't. Cutting is only 2% effective, will only leave you further damaged.
Ok
That's because it's a distracting activity and something that causes a physical reaction. You can try dipping your face in cold water or taking a cold shower or eating something spicy or eat/drink something sour or smell something strong.
I just cried too much and that's it like for more than an hour.
In no way does not being able to sh make you a loser. Like literally no way
Thanks for saying that.
Many people so far have given you techniques you can try for yourself to help you.
Yes thanks to you guys.
It doesn't relieve your anguish at all, just an incredibly short-lived distraction. It's a trap which becomes increasingly hard to escape. I myself was a cutter for a few years, and it brings dire consequences.

SI is nothing to be ashamed of, we all struggle with it. I hope you are able to find peace, but there are more reliable methods.
What's Sl
Cutting is shit. Sorry. Personal experience; I'm 42 years old and have been addicted to it for almost 30 years and I feel ridiculous for not being able to quit. My body is covered in ugly scars and currently I'm covered in dressings and butterfly stitches and every time I move it hurts. My skin gets really itchy alot of the time when im trying to think about/ do other things. People ask awkward questions about my scars and I feel humiliated and ashamed. Yes, in the moment it kind of "helps" me, but the consequences go on and on. People rarely ctb through cutting, but can end up with nerve damage etc. If you haven't started I would personally not recommend it. I'm sorry you feel the need to hurt yourself. I hope you can find better ways of dealing with your pain
I'm so sorry you had to go through all that, you are nearly my dad's age. If you don't mind to answer, do you have any kids?
I can understand the embarassment part so much coming from a country where mental health is a big taboo, it's very difficult to discuss things with people without being made fun of or called stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: rozeske
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Don't try to ctb by cutting your wrist. It is possible to die that way, and die quite quickly, but you need to do it right and that is much harder than most people realise. If you mess it up - and you probably will - you won't die but you could lose much of the function of one hand. If you are determined to go that way, then you really should research, carefully, how to do it.

• Informative
Reactions: a.fool and dggtscccvfd
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
Thanks for your concern. I'm not cutting my wrist right now because I took the knife and I just couldn't do it.
Maybe I'll try to travel to another (bigger) city tomorrow and go to a tall building and jump off the building.
You must be hurting a lot, I'm sorry life can be so cruel... I hope you get some relief, no matter which path you choose. This community is here for you, we care.

Reactions: a.fool
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
Generally I'd say cutting usually doesn't help, though pain is distracting.
But cutting is actually a pretty bad idea for that since it's not actually very painful, especially after you're done the pain fades extremely quickly.
Sometimes when I'm so anxious I cannot focus on anything else anymore to try to distract myself I bite my hand all over, it hurts quiet a lot, you can adjust the pain precisely with your biting strength and it doesn't actually injure your body so there's no risk of lasting harm. (aside of bite marks for a few hours)

People have also suggested rubber bands or ice cubes as I read above.

The only reason I cut myself was because I had the urge to see my blood, coming somewhere from the hatred I have for my life and my environment.
Pain wise as I said, after you finish it's pretty much gone already.
If you do end up cutting yourself anyway, be careful not to cut deeply, you can injure tendons and nerves in your wrist.
Also remember to desinfect properly.
You'll keep scars for many years and people might look at you or treat you weirdly.

Also this should be clear already but cutting as an attempt to ctb is extremely unlikely to succeed.
What's Sl
SI stands for Survival Instinct.
It refers to the extremely strong urge of self-preservation you get when your body realises you're in danger to die.
It's a completely natural and normal reaction of your body and actually pretty helpful, even for us, cause it may prevent us from doing something we haven't properly thought through.

Similarly you'll also feel resistance to hurt yourself, that's probably what you described in your op.
Just think about it, most people aren't really afraid of pain, rather than of getting hurt.
You might touch an electric fence for fun but not cut yourself for fun, even though the fence probably hurts more.

Last edited:
A

a.fool

Student
Jun 27, 2023
You must be hurting a lot, I'm sorry life can be so cruel... I hope you get some relief, no matter which path you choose. This community is here for you, we care.
Thanks for being there y'all.

Reactions: Mx_Pathetic
MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
Well a bunch of people said it but it's not a reliable way of suicide at all and you might end up with permanent problems.

However I do cut and yeah a bunch of people here said it doesn't help but for me it brings me comfort. Yes I've done other methods but I just really love looking at my scars.

I mean cutting is pretty simple just make sure not to cut too deep. If you find it hard to cut you can try just closing your eyes and lightly slashing with like a razor (I use my shaver).

You shouldn't force yourself to cut though
Well a bunch of people said it but it's not a reliable way of suicide at all and you might end up with permanent problems.

However I do cut and yeah a bunch of people here said it doesn't help but for me it brings me comfort. Yes I've done other methods but I just really love looking at my scars.

I mean cutting is pretty simple just make sure not to cut too deep. If you find it hard to cut you can try just closing your eyes and lightly slashing with like a razor (I use my shaver).

You shouldn't force yourself to cut though

Reactions: DarkThoughts and a.fool