• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
A lot of us struggle with being "present" or Being or staying here. So I want to share 2 ways of thinking about it.

You are here.
You and Here.
You can ground yourself in You. Or in the Here.

Body-
opening senses and feeling the body. Hands, taste, skin, smell, sight, breath, etc

Environment-
bringing attention to an OBJECT instead of the body. a toy, a color, water, a window, 5 blue things in the room, a stone

Folks with dysphoria or physical trauma struggle with grounding because they are only familiar with body grounding techniques. There are alternatives. Try :)

• Love
Reactions: Symbiote and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Thanks 4 the advice.
This actually sounds very interesting.

Am I "I" or am I "here?"

Food for thought!

• Love
Reactions: wordsonscreen
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I am here, but I want to be there. How do I get there, when I am here? What do I have now, and what do I need to get there? The only obstacle in my way is not society, it's me. I am my own obstacle, the person that has fears, worries, and doubts. How do I overcome that? By being present and talking to my fear, worries, and doubts so that one day I can finally ascend to a better place.

• Love

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Body-
opening senses and feeling the body. Hands, taste, skin, smell, sight, breath, etc

Environment-
bringing attention to an OBJECT instead of the body. a toy, a color, water, a window, 5 blue things in the room, a stone
In the process of drinking water, at what point it stops being the environment and becomes the body?

• Love

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Was it ever not the body?
Yes, I'm wondering about the borders. They don't have to be mutually exclusive either. Maybe.
Is the water as the body different from the water that is object in the environment?

wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
Yes, I'm wondering about the borders. They don't have to be mutually exclusive either. Maybe.
Is the water as the body different from the water that is object in the environment?
Metaphysically I dont see any difference. But during moments of panic and anxiety, duality helps.

Reactions: signifying nothing
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Metaphysically I dont see any difference. But during moments of panic and anxiety, duality helps.
Agreed, there are times when it helps to recognise there is a distinction, and there are times when it helps to recognise there is no distinction.

• Love
L

LetMeGoPlease

Student
Dec 5, 2020
It works until you realize it is escapism and you're just fooling yourself.