etherealspring

etherealspring

can someone just kill me already
Mar 27, 2024
im too socially anxious to call or even text any suicide hotlines where im from, so im rlly glad i can talk on here. ik this is pretty random but i just felt like saying it lol. talking is hard but it's a lot easier on here and i feel like i can be completely honest which is rare for me. has anyone else ever felt this? or if u have called a suicide hotline, what was ur experience? genuinely curious

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: alienfreak, Amnesiac_88, BoredNTired and 4 others
DeadNotSleeping

DeadNotSleeping

Just an absolute mess.
Oct 7, 2024
I feel the same as you about the hotlines. I haven't called one and I don't think I ever intend on calling one. I just can't possibly think they actually care about me as a person. I also just don't want to put my shit on someone else you know? I have a therapist I talk to that I also don't fully think she cares, but I pay her to listen so fuck it she's gonna hear it.

ctb_warrior

ctb_warrior

I wish to CTB asap
Feb 11, 2024
This is true, this forum is heaven for us

• Love
Reactions: etherealspring
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Suicide hotlines a absolute shit.

• Aww..
Reactions: ctb_warrior
Rudi

Rudi

𝔐𝔬𝔯𝔦 𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔬 𝔰𝔢𝔡 𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔬
Oct 15, 2024
im too socially anxious to call or even text any suicide hotlines where im from, so im rlly glad i can talk on here. ik this is pretty random but i just felt like saying it lol. talking is hard but it's a lot easier on here and i feel like i can be completely honest which is rare for me. has anyone else ever felt this? or if u have called a suicide hotline, what was ur experience? genuinely curious
I would never be able to call a hotline - I don't feel that talking to a stranger is gonna help me. Sure they're professionals but they don't know me, and I don't think I wanna tell them. I'm too anxious when it comes to stuff like that.
This forum has people who relate, though, so yeah this forum is practically our safe space.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: ctb_warrior, etherealspring and BoredNTired
A

axab43

Mar 10, 2024
I have called The Samaritans and I have found them to be really good. Most of them genuinely care (they give up their own time to do what they do, so that says something.) And I like it is anonymous and they don't know where you are from or even your number. It is quite easy to talk to them once you get past the first minute or two ... for anyone that is desperate.

• Informative
Reactions: ctb_warrior and etherealspring
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Personal experiences, I've called a couple times. After being on hold for 15-20 minutes I get connected with someone who's clearly repeating written responses. Beat around the bush for 30-40 minutes only to be told there's nothing they can do except inform the authorities. I'll never call a suicide hotline again.

• Informative
Reactions: etherealspring and LifeQuitter
sorararara

sorararara

not much to look at
Feb 12, 2023
i feel the same! this forum is the only place where i feel comfortable venting about everything. i'm sad so many people are suffering to the point where they want to end their lives, but there's a lot comfort in being surrounded with people who are at the same point as you.

• Hugs
Reactions: alienfreak, ctb_warrior and etherealspring
etherealspring

etherealspring

can someone just kill me already
Mar 27, 2024
I feel the same as you about the hotlines. I haven't called one and I don't think I ever intend on calling one. I just can't possibly think they actually care about me as a person. I also just don't want to put my shit on someone else you know? I have a therapist I talk to that I also don't fully think she cares, but I pay her to listen so fuck it she's gonna hear it.
yh im so worried about being dismissed and then just feeling even worse after :/ im glad you've got ur therapist too
Personal experiences, I've called a couple times. After being on hold for 15-20 minutes I get connected with someone who's clearly repeating written responses. Beat around the bush for 30-40 minutes only to be told there's nothing they can do except inform the authorities. I'll never call a suicide hotline again.
that was mostly what i was worried about, that sounds terrible and like a total waste of time :/ thx for sharing ❤️
i feel the same! this forum is the only place where i feel comfortable venting about everything. i'm sad so many people are suffering to the point where they want to end their lives, but there's a lot comfort in being surrounded with people who are at the same point as you.
yeah it's a lot less lonely on here :)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ctb_warrior
A

agony1996

Student
Jul 8, 2024
I'm glad you feel like you can share your thoughts and émotions on here. I think it's much safer than calling a suicide hotline, plus they don't care about you as an individual.