Blackjack

Blackjack

I’ll be watching...
Aug 6, 2019
It's absurd that this even has to be said but apparently some of you were born with no common sense or basic manners. So this is for you. Goodbye Etiquette 101. Class is now in session.

When someone is in their final minutes or hours on this earth and posts a Goodbye thread here, your one & only job is to wish them well, a peaceful journey, and/or any other encouraging words or sentiments to help them feel supported and cared about on their way out.

It is NOT appropriate for you to hijack that person's thread in their last moments here for your own interests to ask about methods, quantities or otherwise derailing the conversation entirely. It is crude, rude & downright socially unacceptable. I see it time & again and am increasingly flabbergasted at how tone-deaf some of you are.

In the name of everything that is good & holy, Just. Stop. Hijacking. Goodbye. Threads. Class dismissed.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: northoverhill, ecmnesia, Soul and 47 others
P

ProlongedSentence

Mar 14, 2019
It's absurd that this even has to be said but apparently some of you were born with no common sense or basic manners. So this is for you. Goodbye Etiquette 101. Class is now in session.

When someone is in their final minutes or hours on this earth and posts a Goodbye thread here, your one & only job is to wish them well, a peaceful journey, and/or any other encouraging words or sentiments to help them feel supported and cared about on their way out.

It is NOT appropriate for you to hijack that person's thread in their last moments here for your own interests to ask about methods, quantities or otherwise derailing the conversation entirely. It is crude, rude & downright socially unacceptable. I see it time & again and am increasingly flabbergasted at how tone-deaf some of you are.

In the name of everything that is good & holy, Just. Stop. Hijacking. Goodbye. Threads. Class dismissed.

@DeathImminent why the Hmph emoji?
Wow
I'll make sure - when you look back - that I won't be there. Stealing your show.

Really?

• Love
Reactions: GarbagelifeNohope, sleepy dog, LMFAO FOCKERS and 4 others
Eurus

Eurus

Everything Must Cease.
Sep 30, 2019
I get it and understand it and will respect it

Reactions: Soul and Blackjack
Katerina

Katerina

If only she knew
Sep 21, 2019

Surely part of the goodbye post is explaining the symptoms and how they are feeling at that time surely it's natural to question as the hardest part of doing it is the unknown

I personally wouldn't take the word of another as online you don't really know they have actually done it but any information helps make an informed decision.

Reactions: GarbagelifeNohope, darkworld15, letmeseethedeath and 3 others
P

ProlongedSentence

Mar 14, 2019
Maybe this site should be shut down.

If "Goodbye Threads" are stages and the board is used to attack those who truly meant no wrong.

I wonder if the person exiting would have even minded the question - of somone else - in the same desperate situation.

I understand emotions when someone you care about departs but. I also know that I would never shoot someone down who was already in pain.

Honestly OP. If your words were a loaded gun. It would be better. But thanks. For the encouragement.

• Love
Reactions: GarbagelifeNohope, sleepy dog, Mysterymeat and 3 others
B

blackflag1

Experienced
Oct 6, 2019
It really does seem she wants to be the center of attention. She spent half of last night personally insulting me and name calling, but I did not respond in kind or bother reporting it. I just don't roll that way.

• Love
Reactions: GarbagelifeNohope, sleepy dog, LMFAO FOCKERS and 4 others
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I totally agree with this. I was just commenting on it yesterday, in fact.

It's one thing to discuss it if the person who created the thread is open and willing to share, but what I'm seeing more and more of lately are people coming into these threads and launching right into questions (most of which can easily be found elsewhere) and completely ignoring everything else in the thread. No goodbyes, no sympathy, no words of comfort, just selfish questions.

• Love
Reactions: Soul, Notcutoutforlife, pole and 8 others
Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, I’m taken.)
Feb 23, 2019

Now we can post this link when these threads go sideways.

Good use of ampersands.

I agree that sometimes questions may be welcomed but it's always wise to be gracious.

I detest when threads are derailed with allegations of fakery.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Stan, Ruffian and 3 others
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
I think everyone is capable of getting their point across in a kinder way. We're supposed to be supporting each other and this toxicity is quite frankly unpleasant to watch. Let's not destroy what makes this forum so valuable to us. A little bit of compassion and some carefully chosen words is all that's needed.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: a.h, PDAnnie2610, MaybeMaybeKnot and 22 others
Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, I’m taken.)
Feb 23, 2019
I think everyone is capable of getting their point across in a kinder way. We're supposed to be supporting each other and this toxicity is quite frankly unpleasant to watch. Let's not destroy what makes this forum so valuable to us. A little bit of compassion and some carefully chosen words is all that's needed.
Well said.

• Hugs
Reactions: gingerplum, Stan, Haku and 3 others
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I detest when threads are derailed with allegations of fakery.
Definitely this. It's harmful on so many levels.

In addition to creating distrust within the community, it's potentially very harmful to the person being discussed. I can't imagine how awful it would feel to change my mind or fail, and come back to accusations like that. It could be the final nail in the coffin, so to speak.

• Love
Reactions: a.h, PDAnnie2610, Notcutoutforlife and 10 others
Katerina

Katerina

If only she knew
Sep 21, 2019
Definitely this. It's harmful on so many levels.

In addition to creating distrust within the community, it's potentially very harmful to the person being discussed. I can't imagine how awful it would feel to change my mind or fail, and come back to accusations like that. It could be the final nail in the coffin, so to speak.
It is also harmful that people are relying on information from people who are fake!

Reactions: GarbagelifeNohope, sleepy dog, Stan and 1 other person
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
It is also harmful that people are relying on information from people who are fake!
Maybe people shouldn't be looking for this sort of vital information in goodbye threads?

• Love
Reactions: justanotherday, gingerplum, Stan and 2 others
Blackjack

Blackjack

I’ll be watching...
Aug 6, 2019
It really does seem she wants to be the center of attention. She spent half of last night personally insulting me and name calling, but I did not respond in kind or bother reporting it. I just don't roll that way.
But the way you do roll is saying shitty things like my son will kill himself because of me. You're a real class act, flag. And you're the worst offender of all in thread hijacking & it won't be long before you get yourself banned, too. Boy bye!
I totally agree with this. I was just commenting on it yesterday, in fact.

It's one thing to discuss it if the person who created the thread is open and willing to share, but what I'm seeing more and more of lately are people coming into these threads and launching right into questions (most of which can easily be found elsewhere) and completely ignoring everything else in the thread. No goodbyes, no sympathy, no words of comfort, just selfish questions.
^^All. Of. This!!^^

• Hmph!
Reactions: GarbagelifeNohope, Darkhaven, NextBusLeaving and 1 other person
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019

That's your subjective interpretation which I do not share in the least. By that standard we're all 'attention-seekers' and the concept loses all meaning.

Where are those numerous insults directed at you? Apparantly you're not willing to report potential abuses of the rules (could it be that there simply were no abuses?) but you're not above character assasination and publicly attacking another member. Strange way to 'roll'.

If you did say Blackjack's son will likely kill himself because of her CTB you are a vicious troll and deserve to be banned.

Reactions: Soul, gingerplum, Oblivion Lover and 5 others
B

blackflag1

Experienced
Oct 6, 2019
That's your subjective interpretation which I do not share in the least. By that standard we're all 'attention-seekers' and the concept loses all meaning.

Where are those numerous insults directed at you? Apparantly you're not willing to report potential abuses of the rules (could it be that there simply were no abuses?) but you're not above character assasination and publicly attacking another member. Strange way to 'roll'.

If you did say Blackjack's son will likely kill himself because of her CTB you are a vicious troll and deserve to be banned.

Exactly what I said is in the following thread:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/dead-on-tuesday.23761/

You will also find some of the spoken of insults. I need not say anything more on this matter as the evidence speaks for itself.

Reactions: GarbagelifeNohope and sleepy dog
Katerina

Katerina

If only she knew
Sep 21, 2019
Maybe people shouldn't be looking for this sort of vital information in goodbye threads?
From the goodbye posts I've read majority want to share symptoms and feelings I think this is useful for other users I think they are positive comments to be honest
Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out Prolonged!

But the way you do roll is saying shitty things like my son will kill himself because of me. You're a real class act, flag. And you're the worst offender of all in thread hijacking & it won't be long before you get yourself banned, too. Boy bye!

^^All. Of. This!!^^
The only person causing trouble is you

• Love
Reactions: sleepy dog, blackflag1 and Berlin76
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
It's absurd that this even has to be said but apparently some of you were born with no common sense or basic manners.

Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out Prolonged!

I didn't see the 'altercation', so I have no idea the premise of this thread, but either way - I'm not sure you're the right person to be virtue signalling for all that's etiquettal when your original post was incredibly curt & (as someone likes ampersands) you accompany your preaching for manners with posts like "don't hit ya ass on the way out!", which you wrote twice iirc, as you posted that comment on someone's profile when they announced they were banning themselves. We have no idea whether a leaving member still intends to end their life so it draws vague parallels with rudeness on someone's Goodbye topic, in which you claim you'd rather advocate "encouraging words or sentiments to help them feel supported".

You're flabbergasted at lack of courtesy shown by others when someone openly announces they're going to end their life but respond with discourtesy when someone is banned or leaves, even though for all we know they could still be suicidal and their parting exchange with this forum was your rudeness. That's a paradox. Then you preach for manners and etiquette with an obnoxiously written post. That's absurd. So much so that I've nearly ruled you off as another dupe account, in which case I don't know why I'm responding because a negative reaction would be exactly what you wanted (u got me !) but I actually just want to clear up one more thing because it's rly bugging me

Asking questions about someone's method on their thread isn't "hijacking". Pls stop recreating the stigma around suicide that this forum aims to remove, if the OP of a Goodbye topic doesn't wish to be questioned they can just say that (as putting words in others' mouths is more hijacking and insulting to the attempter's intelligence than the thing you are flabbergasted about), otherwise don't inflict your unwanted philosophical leaning on the topic if the OP is okay with answering questions and advising so others with the same method can benefit. kthx

• Love
Reactions: Kira, NoCoast, GarbagelifeNohope and 18 others
B

Berlin76

Wizard
Aug 18, 2019
I didn't see the 'altercation', so I have no idea the premise of this thread, but either way - I'm not sure you're the right person to be virtue signalling for all that's etiquettal when your original post was incredibly curt & (as someone likes ampersands) you accompany your preaching for manners with posts like "don't hit ya ass on the way out!", which you wrote twice iirc, as you posted that comment on someone's profile when they announced they were banning themselves. We have no idea whether a leaving member still intends to end their life so it draws vague parallels with rudeness on someone's Goodbye topic, in which you claim you'd rather advocate "encouraging words or sentiments to help them feel supported".

You're flabbergasted at lack of courtesy shown by others when someone openly announces they're going to end their life but respond with discourtesy when someone is banned or leaves, even though for all we know they could still be suicidal and their parting exchange with this forum was your rudeness. That's a paradox. Then you preach for manners and etiquette with an obnoxiously written post. That's absurd. So much so that I've nearly ruled you off as another dupe account, in which case I don't know why I'm responding because a negative reaction would be exactly what you wanted (u got me !) but I actually just want to clear up one more thing because it's rly bugging me

Asking questions about someone's method on their thread isn't "hijacking". Pls stop recreating the stigma around suicide that this forum aims to remove, if the OP of a Goodbye topic doesn't wish to be questioned they can just say that (as putting words in others' mouths is more hijacking and insulting to the attempter's intelligence than the thing you are flabbergasted about), otherwise don't inflict your unwanted philosophical leaning on the topic if the OP is okay with answering questions and advising so others with the same method can benefit. kthx

Totally agree with you.

Putting the 2 treads next to each other just shows in 1 first tread she wanted all attention on her. And when doesn't go her way she opens a other to educate people by her manner, dominant ego.

This all doesn't have to do with her illness but all just her personality that is just filled with drama and ego.

Class is now in session , wtf alll ego

If someone is killing his or herself and still having the time and focusing to educate people is weird.

Reactions: GarbagelifeNohope, Élégie, cowbain and 8 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I agree that hijacking a thread, in the sense of drawing attention away from the OP, is bad but the possible responses shouldn't just be limited to wishing them a peaceful exit. If I'm about to end my life, I welcome any questions and insights from other members in my goodbye thread. There should be the freedom to engage with leaving members, it can provide helpful information to people that are leaving with the same method.

• Love
Reactions: x-Ace-x, Kira, GarbagelifeNohope and 15 others
E

Elias

Experienced
Mar 19, 2019
The best option should lie in the middle there.
I absolutely hate when goodbye thread are derailed with completely unrelated stuff, like people arguing and fighting and just being unrespectful or rude. But at the same time, restricting the discussion to "wishing well" would make everything feel forced and not genuine, so let people choose if they want to ask a question or if they want to express their feelings and wishes to the person exiting. And the author of the thread should also feel free to answer questions or talk about their experience, it's not just a "feel good party" for some people, they really want to contribute and share their experience. This will most likely be what I'll want on my own goodbye thread, genuine exchange between human beings in my last moment.
I'm still glad you've brought up the topic of derailed goodbye posts because it needed some attention.

• Love
Reactions: Boonks, Kira, Notcutoutforlife and 14 others
B

Berlin76

Wizard
Aug 18, 2019
The best option should lie in the middle there.
I absolutely hate when goodbye thread are derailed with completely unrelated stuff, like people arguing and fighting and just being unrespectful or rude. But at the same time, restricting the discussion to "wishing well" would make everything feel forced and not genuine, so let people choose if they want to ask a question or if they want to express their feelings and wishes to the person exiting. And the author of the thread should also feel free to answer questions or talk about their experience, it's not just a "feel good party" for some people, they really want to contribute and share their experience. This will most likely be what I'll want on my own goodbye thread, genuine exchange between human beings in my last moment.
I'm still glad you've brought up the topic of derailed goodbye posts because it needed some attention.

You really dont see the whole history here.
Many tread with blackjack in it have been closed down because of her behavior and demeaning way and dramatic ego.

So that shows her way is always try to dominate things. And very slick with words waiting to lash out and being rude as she have done before with people when it not goes her way.

• Love
Reactions: GarbagelifeNohope, blackflag1 and LMFAO FOCKERS
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019

You seem stuck on yourself lately. While your message is a good one, delivery is always key.

The world doesn't owe you anything. Maybe you should go take your anger out elsewhere. You dont own this place.

Just ask the mods to make some etiquette posts (all of which are useful) and move on. Trying to insult those who are young, dont know or may not have common sense is a cowardly way of functioning. And I'm quite shocked that someone who is a mom would resort to this tactless behavior. And while I may not be an offender (you meant to target) I do take unkindly to those who chastise instead of teach. Ridicule is exactly what most of the patrons here dont need.

Or was this thread created so that you can get lots of thumbs up and responses to validate your existence? And leave your mark on the world as you so phrased in another thread???

Feel free to curse me out IDGAF. More cowardly behavior. LMFAO You're on ignore at this point.

EDIT: I also just noticed how the statement: "@DeathImminent why the Hmph emoji?" was edited out of your original post. God forbid one person disagree with you your royal highness. Gimme a break. What a joke.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kira, NoCoast, GarbagelifeNohope and 10 others
E

Elias

Experienced
Mar 19, 2019
@Berlin76 Well, I'm not arguing with Blackjack's past behavior as I know nothing about that person, I'm just reacting to the content of the original post. I think it's a good reminder to everyone and potential newcomers that goodbye posts are not the right place and time to start arguing with each other or talk about something completely unrelated to the author. It should be about the person exiting, and it's still okay to ask questions or wishing them peace. That's my personal take on it, I have no quarrel with Blackjack particularly, I just disagree with the "your one & only job is to wish them well", I don't have a job nor a duty to do so.

Reactions: Élégie, Oblivion Lover, darkworld15 and 6 others
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
And go ahead post the usual "it's my thread I can do what I want" BS as if your 12 years old. Love that too!

Reactions: GarbagelifeNohope, blackflag1 and Berlin76
W

welshie84

Student
Jul 17, 2019
I will be posting a good bye thread. I don't mind people asking me questions, it will keep me distracted. But that's personal choice some people don't want it. Maybe at the top of goodbye threads there should be ' feel free to ask questions' if the OP is happy too

• Love
Reactions: Kira, GarbagelifeNohope, sleepy dog and 12 others
B

Berlin76

Wizard
Aug 18, 2019
I will be posting a good bye thread. I don't mind people asking me questions, it will keep me distracted. But that's personal choice some people don't want it. Maybe at the top of goodbye threads there should be ' feel free to ask questions' if the OP is happy too

It was not about the goodbye tread.
There people just wished her well she got all the attention she wanted. It was about a other. B

But her preaching and putting up a tread saying clas has started. Just shows ego.

People can ask questions at any point its up to the person not to awnser just ignore or otherwise.

Reactions: GarbagelifeNohope and blackflag1
Blackjack

Blackjack

I’ll be watching...
Aug 6, 2019
Those of you who don't like my posts, or my delivery, or my ego or whatever else and want to bash me on my way out, feel free. I've done more good here the past few months in terms of education & information sharing than many of you combined.

It's pretty simple...if you don't like me, don't read or respond to my posts. Or put me on ignore. The only post of mine that's ever been closed down was yesterday when @blackflag1 suggested that my son might also kill himself after I go. If you don't think that's wholly inappropriate or was justification for my ire, then you're part of the problem.

Either way, I've moved up my exit and you won't have to read my ramblings again after this. And no, I won't be posting a goodbye thread because I don't want to be accused of having an ego or being an attention whore, and don't want anything I or anyone else would say to spiral out of control because a few of you don't have basic manners. Many of you are severely messed up in the head, and it shows.

But for those of you who do care, consider this my goodbye. I've met some amazing people here and am a better person for it.

Peace out.

xo

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: RileyTanaka, crea_the_hopeless, GarbagelifeNohope and 13 others
mk47

mk47

Sep 29, 2019
Those of you who don't like my posts, or my delivery, or my ego or whatever else and want to bash me on my way out, feel free. I've done more good here the past few months in terms of education & information sharing than many of you combined.

It's pretty simple...if you don't like me, don't read or respond to my posts. Or put me on ignore. The only post of mine that's ever been closed down was yesterday when @blackflag1 suggested that my son might also kill himself after I go. If you don't think that's wholly inappropriate or was justification for my ire, then you're part of the problem.

Either way, I've moved up my exit and you won't have to read my ramblings again after this. And no, I won't be posting a goodbye thread because I don't want to be accused of having an ego or being an attention whore, and don't want anything I or anyone else would say to spiral out of control because a few of you don't have basic manners. Many of you are severely messed up in the head, and it shows.

But for those of you who do care, consider this my goodbye. I've met some amazing people here and am a better person for it.

Peace out.

xo
lol bye

• Love
Reactions: GarbagelifeNohope, LMFAO FOCKERS, blackflag1 and 2 others
B

Berlin76

Wizard
Aug 18, 2019
Many treads of people where you came you created a setting to do as you want and than when it dont go your way you lash out to them.

And then you go in the victim roll like you did more than once now, and also like now.
You start pointing at others but you started it yourself.

Also like you are acting now and going on while attempting suicide? is just to weird and not what one would do who is Really attempting suicide.

The one who is messed up is you.

• Love
Reactions: GarbagelifeNohope, cowbain, Katerina and 2 others