greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
You are right the chinese periphery is going to be a good place to be for awhile, but the mainland should not be viewed as a desirable locale by anyone. There are even multiple chinese posters on this very forum talking about how they want out mostly for CCP/authoritarian reasons. It is definitely not a place to store assets or wealth. Like you said westerners are looking to make a quick buck off china but they are not looking to locate there. Notice many western billionaires talk up the chinese economy but they do not move their physical persons or families to that locality. China is a wealth extraction mechanism for the world elite including the CCP and nothing more. Pentagon forecasts project major agricultural basins to fail there, and china is not insanely food self sufficient as the US is. They produce almost none of their own oil and they do not have the military infrastructure to go and secure it as the US and Europe do. If you look at the sea level rise projections at 2100, the chinese eastern seaboard is a disaster. The devastation wrought there is going to mean hundreds of millions dislocated, the number for the US east coast will be in the millions.

The real way to determine the future of what is going on in china is watch where their own elites are moving themselves and their families. All rich chinese I know have two, three, or even four passports in addition to their chinese passport. The most preferred are Canadian, HK, UK, US. I cannot recall meeting an individual who was non chinese who sought out chinese citizenship as a hedge against instability in their own country.

The Chinese billionaires moving their families to rich western enclaves is not really an indictment of China. The universities in the West are still top ranked and if you want to get your kids into them it would help to have them in western private schools from a young age. Plus it's just a matter of diversification. I would be a bit nervous as a billionaire in a communist country. Why not shuttle some of that cash to places that are less philosophically opposed to catering to the 0.1%

We can hardly generalize from this to say that China is a place where the average person can't make a decent life for themselves, particularly at this junction in history where 100s of millions are entering the middle class. I mean this could end up like being young and in the US circa late 1940s. The next 50 years are basically going to be your country's, why not try to make the most of being at that place / time.

F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Yo @SuicidallyCurious and @greyhound my guy Stroke is venting and pouring out his heart here. Maybe make another thread in offtopic and take your debate there. Or maybe offer some empathy to OP.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lostmyhope, KleinerWolf and BitterlyAlive_
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
The Chinese billionaires moving their families to rich western enclaves is not really an indictment of China. The universities in the West are still top ranked and if you want to get your kids into them it would help to have them in western private schools from a young age. Plus it's just a matter of diversification. I would be a bit nervous as a billionaire in a communist country. Why not shuttle some of that cash to places that are less philosophically opposed to catering to the 0.1%

We can hardly generalize from this to say that China is a place where the average person can't make a decent life for themselves, particularly at this junction in history where 100s of millions are entering the middle class. I mean this could end up like being young and in the US circa late 1940s. The next 50 years are basically going to be your country's, why not try to make the most of being at that place / time.
I never said you can't make a decent living in china - what I am saying is, storing wealth there is foolish. If you don't believe this - just ask jack ma, who just had billions in assets confiscated in an instant and has been missing for two months. The chinese elite know this , which is why they are laundering money to the west to secure long term futures for their families. Under any climate scenario the western countries stay much more resilient for a longer period of time. The country has no long term future under global warming under most realistic scenarios. The pentagon knows this, the CCP knows this, almost everyone who can take an objective look at the situation will come to this conclusion.

If you took an objective poll of chinese citizens (no CCP monitoring or interference) and asked them "Would you rather live in the west or china?" they would almost always say YES. High IQ chinese are out to loot their own country and store wealth in the west. They are not interested in being around when the worst effects of desertification creep in and CCP cannot feed their own people

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime
Playlainin

Playlainin

Jul 20, 2020
if you're a cute girl I'll marry you for citizenship in australia

• Wow
Reactions: KleinerWolf
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
if you're a cute girl I'll marry you for citizenship in australia