T

tieiwi

Experienced
Dec 11, 2021
Why does god test us anyway. What is the point. It's like he's doing this for his amusement. The whole "you must take this pain and suffering so you will be rewarded with heaven" is so wrong. It's like let's see how long you hold out. If god really loved us he wouldn't put us through this bullshit. This definitely has to be some kind of game for him. Ever since I was a kid I always questioned religion. None of it would make sense to me. Why were Eve and Adam cast out anyway. It wasn't their fault. Wasn't it that snake that tempted Eve? It should've been the snake that got punished then. This life is just a bet between god and the devil seeing who will win. Or religion is just a made up construct. Very confusing for me…

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: TalvezQuemSabe?, Morbid Cam, ShatteredSoul and 19 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not believe in any religion. Life is just a pointless experience that we go through for the sake of it. There is no meaning or purpose to us being here, we only exist because people decided to selfishly procreate. Everything is determined by luck and chance which explains why some people suffer more than others.

• Hugs
Reactions: ShatteredSoul, Inoxia, demuic and 15 others
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Why does god test us anyway. What is the point. It's like he's doing this for his amusement. The whole "you must take this pain and suffering so you will be rewarded with heaven" is so wrong. It's like let's see how long you hold out. If god really loved us he wouldn't put us through this bullshit. This definitely has to be some kind of game for him. Ever since I was a kid I always questioned religion. None of it would make sense to me. Why were Eve and Adam cast out anyway. It wasn't their fault. Wasn't it that snake that tempted Eve? It should've been the snake that got punished then. This life is just a bet between god and the devil seeing who will win. Or religion is just a made up construct. Very confusing for me…
You are not the only one struggling with this. It is very convoluted issue. I wish you peace

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: voltage268, tieiwi, blueclover_. and 3 others
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
The existence of God is not a proven scientific fact (yet). It is a religious belief.

Whether God is loving & kind or cruel & vengeful or one who doesn't care or exhibits different characteristics at different times is something that religions can throw light on. They created the concept of God. If one believes in religions, then they must believe what they say about God.

Religion and belief in God is a way for the masses to find some meaning in life and also a way for the clergy/priests/rabbis/mullahs to exert control over the masses.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, meetapple, tieiwi and 5 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I am also confused on these issues- why does god let some people have such awesome li9ves and other people have such terrible lives. There is no easy answer to this, some people say that if he gives us free will this is the price, who knows. But I don't want to go out of my way to upset God, either, because it may be very soon that God decides what happens to me in the next life. I don't kinow for sure that there is a god, but based on many nde (near death experience) interviews on youtube it seems like there is most likely.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: TalvezQuemSabe?, ShatteredSoul, tieiwi and 3 others
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
I don't believe in god, religion, heaven or hell. I used to. I've read the bible like a good little christian, prayed, went to church - did everything I was supposed to do. But after reading the bible I realized that it is only a book made by man. There is no superior being or god . Think about it. If god is supposed to be so good why are there so many children killed by their parents (remember in the bible it tells you that god knows before you're born who your parents will be). Nope I wouldn't believe in that propaganda for all the money in the world.

Reactions: demuic, Superdeterminist, tieiwi and 7 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I don't believe in god, religion, heaven or hell. I used to. I've read the bible like a good little christian, prayed, went to church - did everything I was supposed to do. But after reading the bible I realized that it is only a book made by man. There is no superior being or god . Think about it. If god is supposed to be so good why are there so many children killed by their parents (remember in the bible it tells you that god knows before you're born who your parents will be). Nope I wouldn't believe in that propaganda for all the money in the world.
I don't believethe prpoganda but many of the nde's have been convincing, especially from people who were atheists before their nde.

Reactions: TalvezQuemSabe?, tieiwi, Rational man and 1 other person
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
Of course there is a loving God. But he will burn you in hellfire for eternity if you don't kiss his ass.

• Yay!
Reactions: KTbear, demuic, Tarantula Girl and 11 others
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
I don't believethe prpoganda but many of the nde's have been convincing, especially from people who were atheists before their nde.
There is nothing to be learned from NDEs except that the brain goes wild when it's being starved if oxygen. Please. It's NEAR death experience. Not death experience. They do not prove anything. No one has come back from actual death.
OP, I made a really long post about this, why we shouldn't worry about religion or god because the Bible makes zero sense. The beliefs of Christianity make zero sense. If God does exist he is fucking weak or sadistic, take your pick. And suicide is not forbidden anywhere in the Bible.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: demuic, tieiwi, justsayin and 5 others
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
If life is just a game between God and the devil then the devil has won and God is a sore loser who has turned his back on his own creations!

• Love
Reactions: demuic, _Minsk, Superdeterminist and 4 others
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
'If people saw the world for what it truly is. Saw their lives for what they truly are. Without dreams or illusions. I dont believe they could offer the first reason why they should not elect to die as soon as possible.

I dont believe in God. Can you understand that? Look around you man. Cant you see? The clamor and din of those in torment has to be the sound most pleasing to his ear. And I loathe these discussions. The argument of the village atheist whose single passion is to revile endlessly that which he denies the existence of in the first place. Your fellowship is a fellowship of pain and nothing more. And if that pain were actually collective instead of simply reiterative then the sheer weight of it would drag the world from the walls of the universe and send it crashing and burning through whatever night it might yet be capable of engendering until it was not even ash. And justice? Brotherhood? Eternal life? Good god, man. Show me a religion that prepares one for death. For nothingness. There's a church I might enter. Yours prepares one only for more life. For dreams and illusions and lies. If you could banish the fear of death from men's hearts they wouldnt live a day. Who would want this nightmare if not for fear of the next?

The shadow of the axe hangs over every joy. Every road ends in death. Or worse. Every friendship. Every love. Torment, betrayal, loss, suffering, pain, age, indignity, and hideous lingering illness. All with a single conclusion. For you and for every one and every thing that you have chosen to care for. There's the true brotherhood. The true fellowship. And everyone is a member for life. You tell me that my brother is my salvation? My salvation? Well then damn him. Damn him in every shape and form and guise. Do I see myself in him? Yes. I do. And what I see sickens me. Do you understand me? Can you understand me?'

Cormac McCarthy, The Sunset Limited

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Inoxia, demuic, tieiwi and 3 others
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
There is no test. Look at it logically. How does ' god ' administer ' the test amongst billions of his subjects?. Who decides hell , heaven and purgatory amongst his subjects?. This nonsense strikes fear, anger and resentment, doubt into people. According to god, im going to hell because i loved another man. No doubt i will be joined by many of gods representatives. I have not repented my sins.

Reactions: deflationary
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Of course there is a loving God. But he will burn you in hellfire for eternity if you don't kiss his ass.
That is the big problem with organized religion, that does seem inconsistent to say the least. If it's true, though, I'd pucker up rather than burn- burning does not sound fun.

Reactions: tieiwi, little helpers and Rational man
Samsal112

Samsal112

Student
Dec 20, 2021
I could be very wrong, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But, I have felt that NDEs are what people believe they see or feel based on their own experiences and upbringing. Even an atheist in America knows the Christian religion. All of us were brought up on it, and I believe that most of us are scared that there is a God and we were wrong. Those atheists were probably seeing or feeling a religious experience that they are familiar with.

Again, take what I say with a grain of salt. I read A LOT. Judaism and Muslim are both religions created to fight over "The Promise Land." The Bible and the Quran are very similar to one another with the exception that the Quran says Muslims deserve the "The Promise Land" and earlier texts of Judaism say that the Israelites deserve the land. Christianity is a result of Jews being held captive in Rome. I believe that Christianity has survived all these years and is well known not because it is the true religion but because of colonialism. It just demonstrates that we do live in a world with a colonists mindset and it shows the destruction colonialism has caused and how it has perpetrated itself into almost every culture. I would love to be wrong, so if anyone can correct me or offer more, it would be much appreciated.

Reactions: ElderRecluse, demuic, tieiwi and 2 others
9BBN

9BBN

Heaven, send Hell away
Mar 29, 2021
If a god exists, he doesn't seem to give a shit about us.

I do not believe in any religion. Life is just a pointless experience that we go through for the sake of it. There is no meaning or purpose to us being here, we only exist because people decided to selfishly procreate. Everything is determined by luck and chance which explains why some people suffer more than others.
Just want to push back a tiny bit and say I don't believe procreation is inherently selfish. Most people who procreate are choosing to live because they enjoy life, and so many of them simply want to bring in another person to enjoy it too.

Reactions: justsayin and GentleJerk
G

GeorgeEastman

Arcanist
Sep 3, 2018
God is fake.

Going to heaven though is just a figure of speech. If you "die correctly", having done all the right stuff in the world, you can die thinking you're on your way to heaven.

For the rest of us, we die headed for hell. We die in unrest and angst. We die in hell.

Either way, you really just get nothing afterwards. But heaven and hell is all about the dying process.

Reactions: tieiwi
C

Cuppatea856

May 27, 2020
One quote that I've heard had never left my mind: God is either all good or all powerful, but he/she can't be both.

Reactions: demuic, tieiwi and little helpers
ForeverLonely82

ForeverLonely82

Student
Dec 22, 2021
I was raised a baptist, but I walked away from it because went from a "message of hope' to people using it to mentally abuse someone else. This is something my mother did. Everytime I was happy about something or excited I was going to hell (because I should be happy for god and jesus and not for my selfish reasons) and now when I call to talk to her (I have a heart, even though hers is obviously blinded by this BS) and all I hear is "Prepare, end times are here I want you to go to heaven with me" I always retaliate with "Stop with fictional fairytales...Life when end when we go supernova and we won't live to see it" her response "I raised you better than this. You should repent and follow the teachings of Jesus" finally I respond with " Go on mom,tell me I'm going to hell because I am not pleasing your selfish, narcissistic sky daddy" Done with it, Christians are one of the worst kind of people I had the displeasure of spending half of my life with. "believe with faith, not by sight" is just a cop out, If god wanted people to know he existed then we wouldn't blindly believe in something that too scared to show it's own identity.

Reactions: demuic, justsayin, deflationary and 1 other person
little helpers

little helpers

did I tie the tourniquet on my arm or on my neck?
Dec 14, 2021
Christianity has survived all these years and is well known not because it is the true religion but because of colonialism. It just demonstrates that we do live in a world with a colonists mindset and it shows the destruction colonialism has caused and how it has perpetrated itself into almost every culture.

of course. you're right in every word.

and organized religions almost always have to do with ruling of one sort or another. organized religions are for the ruling class. perpetrated onto those down below.

Reactions: ElderRecluse, Sunset Limited, tieiwi and 2 others
justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021

And he needs money. :hihi:

Reactions: ElderRecluse, demuic, tieiwi and 2 others
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Just want to push back a tiny bit and say I don't believe procreation is inherently selfish. Most people who procreate are choosing to live because they enjoy life, and so many of them simply want to bring in another person to enjoy it too.

I'm glad you said it. I don't think it's fair to blame those who procreate for all the suffering and hardship of existence, like it's all their fault.

• Love
Reactions: little helpers and 9BBN
KlMeNw

KlMeNw

They killed me at seven, I just didn't know it- Me
Dec 15, 2021
'If people saw the world for what it truly is. Saw their lives for what they truly are. Without dreams or illusions. I don't believe they could offer the first reason why they should not elect to die as soon as possible.

I don't believe in God. Can you understand that? Look around you man. Cant you see? The clamor and din of those in torment has to be the sound most pleasing to his ear. And I loathe these discussions. The argument of the village atheist whose single passion is to revile endlessly that which he denies the existence of in the first place. Your fellowship is a fellowship of pain and nothing more. And if that pain were actually collective instead of simply reiterative then the sheer weight of it would drag the world from the walls of the universe and send it crashing and burning through whatever night it might yet be capable of engendering until it was not even ash. And justice? Brotherhood? Eternal life? Good god, man. Show me a religion that prepares one for death. For nothingness. There's a church I might enter. Yours prepares one only for more life. For dreams and illusions and lies. If you could banish the fear of death from men's hearts they wouldn't live a day. Who would want this nightmare if not for fear of the next?

The shadow of the axe hangs over every joy. Every road ends in death. Or worse. Every friendship. Every love. Torment, betrayal, loss, suffering, pain, age, indignity, and hideous lingering illness. All with a single conclusion. For you and for every one and every thing that you have chosen to care for. There's the true brotherhood. The true fellowship. And everyone is a member for life. You tell me that my brother is my salvation? My salvation? Well then damn him. Damn him in every shape and form and guise. Do I see myself in him? Yes. I do. And what I see sickens me. Do you understand me? Can you understand me?'

Cormac McCarthy, The Sunset Limited

I am very fond of this one....

"I want the dead to be dead
forever.
I don't want to be one of them,
Except of course you can't be one of them.
You can't be one of the dead
because that which, has no existence can have no community.
No community!
My heart warms just thinking about it--
blackness, aloneness ,silence, peace,
and all of it only a heartbeat away."
― Cormac McCarthy, The Sunset Limited

Reactions: little helpers, Sunset Limited and tieiwi
meetapple

meetapple

Mage
Jun 3, 2021
I thank my parents for not inflicting upon me religious doctrine.

Reactions: tieiwi, demuic and _Minsk
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Absolutely. Suffering has no place whatsoever in the plans of a loving creator. Yet here, we find it in sickening abundance. Theists will attempt to justify suffering as legitimate in god's plan, but here's what also confuses me: why would a god create beings (us) whose suffering means we will never and can never accept his 'love'?

Reactions: Sunset Limited, tieiwi, demuic and 1 other person
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
Imo all religions/cults have only one objective which is to control people in order to accumulate power and wealth for those who invented them.. there are countless religions who say their god is the only one and if you "dont do this or that" you will suffer in hell or whatever..
IMG 20220113 092735

Last edited:
Reactions: TalvezQuemSabe?, ElderRecluse, Onthe29th and 6 others
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
Who is God? Jesus? Yavhe? The god of the Jews and compound interest?
Sorry if I hurt sensibilities but God, the biblical god is a psychopath. He is a god I had around the people of Israel in the desert, who sent his "son" to be executed, who killed all the first-born Egyptians. Please, the world would be a better place if that son of a bitch in the collective subconscious.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, demuic, Superdeterminist and 2 others
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
I am very fond of this one....

"I want the dead to be dead
forever.
I don't want to be one of them,
Except of course you can't be one of them.
You can't be one of the dead
because that which, has no existence can have no community.
No community!
My heart warms just thinking about it--
blackness, aloneness ,silence, peace,
and all of it only a heartbeat away."

'I'm sorry. You're a kind man, but I have to go. I've heard you out and you've heard me and there's no more to say. Your God must have once stood in a dawn of infinite possibility and this is what he's made of it. And now it is drawing to a close. You say that I want God's love. I dont. Perhaps I want forgiveness, but there is no one to ask it of. And there is no going back. No setting things right. Perhaps once. Not now. Now there is only the hope of nothingness. I cling to that hope. Now open the door. Please.'

'Now there is only the hope of nothingness. I cling to that hope.'

This is my motivation. This is a literary masterpiece, my friend.
Absolutely. Suffering has no place whatsoever in the plans of a loving creator. Yet here, we find it in sickening abundance. Theists will attempt to justify suffering as legitimate in god's plan, but here's what also confuses me: why would a god create beings (us) whose suffering means we will never and can never accept his 'love'?
Religions are desperate attempts to tame pain and death. An abuse of conscience.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Minsk, demuic, little helpers and 1 other person
Onthe29th

Onthe29th

Experienced
Dec 28, 2021
I'm sorry but I struggle to believe that an all merciful god would give children cancer. It's actually easier for me to be an atheist.

• Love
Reactions: justsayin, _Minsk, demuic and 2 others
T

tieiwi

Experienced
Dec 11, 2021
of course. you're right in every word.

and organized religions almost always have to do with ruling of one sort or another. organized religions are for the ruling class. perpetrated onto those down below.
I agree. It's starting to make more sense that religion was created in order to control people. I mean cmon you could easily tell some religious people "you cant do this because god said so" who's going to check you? It's so easy to create different rules and claim "because god said so". Nobody can go against you because then they'd be going against god and that's wrong.

Reactions: justsayin, _Minsk, demuic and 1 other person
BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
I don't believe in the devil. My random 2¢. Otherwise I'd have too much to say on this topic.

Reactions: _Minsk