KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
This thread is dedicated to anybody of whom is actively thinking about the future and wish to unload some of their ideas onto a place where it can be seen for all.
Any and all ideas are welcome irregardless of controversial natures. This thread is welcoming both negative, positive and gray visions of what the future might hold since a vast majority of mainstream media culture seems to be too focused on trying to appeal to nostalgia at the moment.
Please feel free to say anything and I will promise to respond if it's an idea that catches my curious mental phantom!
Thanks!
-Kadathian Strider

Reactions: Nemeshisu, Moonicide, Brick In The Wall and 3 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I believe this century will be dark. Climate change and mass migration; peak oil and shortage of minerals and metals; overpopulation and erosion of arable land; arms races and authoritarian tendencies. Maybe we'll even see a return of full-scale wars and totalitarianism.

Something which receives surprisingly little attention is that the heliosphere is weak due to low solar activity and that the magnetosphere is getting weaker due to natural cycles and polar shifts; the latter is accelerating at a previously unseen speed. This means that our two shields against cosmic rays are disappearing. In the best-case scenario, cancer, chromosome damage, and malfunctioning electronics will become much more common. In the worst-case scenario, which seems unlikely, mankind will perish and the earth will be sterilized.

It's not looking good. But who knows? Mankind has faced enormous problems before and prevailed.

Reactions: 2manyproblems, die2live, Nemeshisu and 4 others
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
I don't think there's much to say about the future. People will still suffer in different ways and people will still fuck up the world in many different creative ways; I mean the future is already becoming dark in many ways.

Reactions: die2live, Nemeshisu, Fragile and 1 other person
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I really can't see this world becoming a better place for future generations, quite the opposite in fact.

one of the reasons is that global warming is imminent and unstoppable at this point, but there are less obvious reasons like how polarized this world is becoming and the tremendously huge and evergrowing gap between the rich and the poor.

in a way i don't envy those who will inherit this world, sure new technologies look amazing and they are advancing at an unprecedented pace, but there are so many impossible to solve issues and the same technologies that could be used to save millions will inevitably be used in negative ways by those who are at the top.

all of that plus more is part of the reason why i don't want to keep on living, the future looks very grim for the vast majority of people and even creatures who are born in future generations.

Reactions: Nemeshisu, Sensei and WhyIsLife56
KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
I believe this century will be dark. Climate change and mass migration; peak oil and shortage of minerals and metals; overpopulation and erosion of arable land; arms races and authoritarian tendencies. Maybe we'll even see a return of full-scale wars and totalitarianism.

Something which receives surprisingly little attention is that the heliosphere is weak due to low solar activity and that the magnetosphere is getting weaker due to natural cycles and polar shifts; the latter is accelerating at a previously unseen speed. This means that our two shields against cosmic rays are disappearing. In the best-case scenario, cancer, chromosome damage, and malfunctioning electronics will become much more common. In the worst-case scenario, which seems unlikely, mankind will perish and the earth will be sterilized.

It's not looking good. But who knows? Mankind has faced enormous problems before and prevailed.
Very interesting post. I do agree on everything you have said and I certainly can say that things aren't looking so positive for the overall bio-tragic thing called Life on Earth. However I really don't see these things as the end of the world since I for one have study pre-historic topics over the last several years and have on occasion stumble across several times where such conditions did ultimately threaten the human species to near extinction. Just like life humans are very capable of adapting and evolving quickly to combat hostile environments through the use of tools constructed by the millions of years of primate evolution. There have been reports about newer forms of microscopic lifeforms that can actually devour plastic as a potential new food source and with ever increasing support for a focused deep dive in the field of genetic engineering I can honestly say that for certain that humanity will more than likely create bio-engineered organisms versus the possibility of developing a true artificial intelligence. The future from my view so far in regards to biology itself will be a very controlled one and organisms designed to combat the coming deadly environment will be indeed a very alien construct even though they were developed by man themselves, who can say for certain that humanity won't try to actually use genetic engineering in the construct of a super human intelligence oppose to needing to create a fresh artificial one made of circuits? The possibility of humanity building an actual real xenomorph can be realistically possible versus the star trek utopia society, what an alien future it will be indeed.
I really can't see this world becoming a better place for future generations, quite the opposite in fact.

one of the reasons is that global warming is imminent and unstoppable at this point, but there are less obvious reasons like how polarized this world is becoming and the tremendously huge and evergrowing gap between the rich and the poor.

in a way i don't envy those who will inherit this world, sure new technologies look amazing and they are advancing at an unprecedented pace, but there are so many impossible to solve issues and the same technologies that could be used to save millions will inevitably be used in negative ways by those who are at the top.

all of that plus more is part of the reason why i don't want to keep on living, the future looks very grim for the vast majority of people and even creatures who are born in future generations.
Cyberpunk fiction pretty much warned us about this in the 80s and such.
The only thing that bums me out is the fact that the whole "punk" vibe isn't what is was made out to be and is instead a true low-life of constant debt to poverty of billions. I would've love the crazy and ridiculous free crime zones where gangs battle it out with high advanced weaponry, also the drugs too, the drugs!
I really hate government!
I don't think there's much to say about the future. People will still suffer in different ways and people will still fuck up the world in many different creative ways; I mean the future is already becoming dark in many ways.
Dark for the many yet bright for the few, it will be a horror chapter in human history and there will be those of whom will look at the burning chapel to instead look for opportunity of a cheap buy after the fire has settled.
We can't prevent the future, we can only salvage the few goods and look for the best possible ways to circumvent the already coming sharp daggers which a stab to the arm is better than a stab to the lung.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nemeshisu and Sensei
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I think we're on the precipice of major change, but not for the good either. It feels like something big is coming and I hear other people talk about this same feeling. Humanity has been reset numerous times already and we're over due for it I believe.

We face all too many cataclysmic problems and it's only really going to take one or two of them to send us over the edge. I think this time will be different with all of the nuclear installations. It's going to be much harder for humanity to bounce back this time if at all.

I think the elite definitely see this problem coming. It's why there is such a fervor to colonize space and build D.U.M.B. bases. They're really pushing for singularity right now as well. We're close to realizing these innovations but I don't think we'll make it in time. I'm not so sure humanity even deserves to carry on.

Reactions: die2live, Nemeshisu, BlueWidow and 2 others
NitriteAnatomy

NitriteAnatomy

Lost. Alone. Trapped. Need escape.
Nov 21, 2019
Despite the fact that humans contribute very little to the carbon emissions, even though we like to think we do, there are any number of things that can lead us into a dark future. When you look at the current state of matters, it's about war, drugs, money, control, spinning half truths to keep people complacent and just general bullshit. We can be hit by a rock from space at any moment, but it's not until Apophis became a possible threat, that they decided to finally implement a plan to attempt to stop any such thing from occurring. Artificial Intelligence will became a reality much sooner than originally predicted (my estimate is we'll see it begin emerging within the next 5-20yrs), Never A Straight Answer can barely keep track of any NEOs that occur, often times not catching one until it's already passed, the elite are running off and building bunkers in hot spots around the globe (they seem particularly drawn to New Zealand, in recent years).

Society is crumbling, because everything is about 'muh triggerz' anymore. Most people only want to think of themselves and fuck anyone else that interferes with their little bubbles. The list goes on and on. I used to think of the future as an exciting place, with wondrous technologies and achievements, humanity reaching distant stars in person and so much more. But, it's all become a race on how better to kill others, take their shit and do it all under the banner of 'the greater good'.

Reactions: die2live, Nemeshisu, BlueWidow and 2 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Very interesting post. I do agree on everything you have said and I certainly can say that things aren't looking so positive for the overall bio-tragic thing called Life on Earth. However I really don't see these things as the end of the world since I for one have study pre-historic topics over the last several years and have on occasion stumble across several times where such conditions did ultimately threaten the human species to near extinction. Just like life humans are very capable of adapting and evolving quickly to combat hostile environments through the use of tools constructed by the millions of years of primate evolution. There have been reports about newer forms of microscopic lifeforms that can actually devour plastic as a potential new food source and with ever increasing support for a focused deep dive in the field of genetic engineering I can honestly say that for certain that humanity will more than likely create bio-engineered organisms versus the possibility of developing a true artificial intelligence. The future from my view so far in regards to biology itself will be a very controlled one and organisms designed to combat the coming deadly environment will be indeed a very alien construct even though they were developed by man themselves, who can say for certain that humanity won't try to actually use genetic engineering in the construct of a super human intelligence oppose to needing to create a fresh artificial one made of circuits? The possibility of humanity building an actual real xenomorph can be realistically possible versus the star trek utopia society, what an alien future it will be indeed.

I agree that it's unlikely that mankind will go extinct within a foreseeable future. It has quite a few tools at its disposal. In addition to what you have mentioned, hydroponics, genetically engineered plants, and insect food products can be used to mitigate food shortage due to erosion and climate change and thus also mass migration from desertified zones. However, there are some threats that potentially can eradicate mankind, such as the aformentioned rise of a singularity and cosmic ray bombardment, as well as nanotechnology running amok, engineered or natural plagues, and full-out nuclear war of course, although few if any are likely to come true soon.

As for Star Trek, it's often forgotten that this utopia is built on ashes and bones. Before mankind was united and went to the stars, it had to endure nuclear war and the so-called post-atomic norror.

Cyberpunk fiction pretty much warned us about this in the 80s and such.
The only thing that bums me out is the fact that the whole "punk" vibe isn't what is was made out to be and is instead a true low-life of constant debt to poverty of billions. I would've love the crazy and ridiculous free crime zones where gangs battle it out with high advanced weaponry, also the drugs too, the drugs!
I really hate government!

Ah, a fellow cyberpunk fan! Jack in, power up, burn out. Love your eyes! Were'd you buy them? I belive that William Gibson and other cyberpunk authors were prophets just like George Orwell and Aldous Huxley. They all foresaw different phenomena, but not the shape they would take. I agree with you that there's high tech, but no low-life nowadays. Punk and rebellion have been replaced by distraction and consumption. I would have preferred the darkness in cyberpunk to the darkness we live in now. The former is at least cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nemeshisu
ZemTee

ZemTee

Dec 11, 2019
I view the the future to be a bit of a cross between Blade Runner and Soylent Green, Just more grim and bleak. I certainly don't foresee neon coming back.

Reactions: Temporarilyabsurd and Sensei
KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
I agree that it's unlikely that mankind will go extinct within a foreseeable future. It has quite a few tools at its disposal. In addition to what you have mentioned, hydroponics, genetically engineered plants, and insect food products can be used to mitigate food shortage due to erosion and climate change and thus also mass migration from desertified zones. However, there are some threats that potentially can eradicate mankind, such as the aformentioned rise of a singularity and cosmic ray bombardment, as well as nanotechnology running amok, engineered or natural plagues, and full-out nuclear war of course, although few if any are likely to come true soon.

As for Star Trek, it's often forgotten that this utopia is built on ashes and bones. Before mankind was united and went to the stars, it had to endure nuclear war and the so-called post-atomic norror.

Ah, a fellow cyberpunk fan! Jack in, power up, burn out. Love your eyes! Were'd you buy them? I belive that William Gibson and other cyberpunk authors were prophets just like George Orwell and Aldous Huxley. They all foresaw different phenomena, but not the shape they would take. I agree with you that there's high tech, but no low-life nowadays. Punk and rebellion have been replaced by distraction and consumption. I would have preferred the darkness in cyberpunk to the darkness we live in now. The former is at least cool.
Yes indeed I would've love the hard synth-punk music and the good excuse to hack my limb off so I can get that stylish electric chrome man. I hadn't watched Star Trek and only heard about it through my therapist when he explained the general premise without telling me of that whole lore side of things of post-nuclear war, super interesting. Yes the future will be harsh and very alien to our own eyes from the many ways that the upcoming newly added 6 billions of future people widespread abroad yet so connected will create an endless amounts of things to mend away our current world's grave short-sighted mistakes. I believe in sincerity that the future new world will possibly save itself yet I will admit we can't save ourselves and will simply have to take a bite out of the confused cognitive dissonance mess of silicone touchscreens cesspool we call our legacy.
Despite the fact that humans contribute very little to the carbon emissions, even though we like to think we do, there are any number of things that can lead us into a dark future. When you look at the current state of matters, it's about war, drugs, money, control, spinning half truths to keep people complacent and just general bullshit. We can be hit by a rock from space at any moment, but it's not until Apophis became a possible threat, that they decided to finally implement a plan to attempt to stop any such thing from occurring. Artificial Intelligence will became a reality much sooner than originally predicted (my estimate is we'll see it begin emerging within the next 5-20yrs), Never A Straight Answer can barely keep track of any NEOs that occur, often times not catching one until it's already passed, the elite are running off and building bunkers in hot spots around the globe (they seem particularly drawn to New Zealand, in recent years).

Society is crumbling, because everything is about 'muh triggerz' anymore. Most people only want to think of themselves and fuck anyone else that interferes with their little bubbles. The list goes on and on. I used to think of the future as an exciting place, with wondrous technologies and achievements, humanity reaching distant stars in person and so much more. But, it's all become a race on how better to kill others, take their shit and do it all under the banner of 'the greater good'.
Yes which is unfortunate about society crumbling is indeed a very real possibility and I think from my study of history that a soon to be greater foreign collaboration of powers will take the reigns of leading it's side of humanity into directions that might possibly be radically different than what Cyberpunks predicted. Our society is dying yet humanity continues to grow in other parts away from our society and will simply exploit our decaying situation to max out it's own version of profit from our oil covered hands. There can be never a straight singular course for humanity's destiny in socially engineered general but when it comes to studying a singular society and seeing the buildings of it crumble then it becomes easy to predict when such a thing fly away into the ashes of history hopefully to never be seen again. Who knows if the future A.I. one day gains sentience and self-awareness that is decides humanity's destiny by copying a Leto the 2nd in order to make the Great Scattering a real legit thing? Ideas about the future is endless and this is why I love fiction a lot, pretty entertaining to know that you yourself can create good story ideas in the middle of a burning field just so you can laugh off the doomed world while enjoying yourself in the what coulds that the human mind can bless onto a person of god-like thought!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensei
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
My spiritual teacher, Barry Long, stated that there will be a monumental wipeout on such a major scale that it will literally transform the human psyche in a deep way. This will eventually allow a new consciousness on this earth....

Reactions: Sensei
KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
A new thought came and I wanted to share it right now.
Cloning will without a doubt be a very big thing in the near future and genetic pedigree based engineering will be too common, parenthood or the generic traditional forms of partnership will truly be a thing of the far flung past.
No need to have parents making babies naturally anymore when you can just clone your own tax population and have those same clones raised by synthetic android mothers with limited virtual intelligence designed primarily to nurture.
If the A.I. I mentioned in the last post does become godlike somehow then I wonder if it will bring up the idea of possibly finding a way to allow these genetically altered humans the ability to interbreed with synthetic androids to further increase the population of it's own control. It would indeed be a very good thing to have since if it does pull off a Great Scattering move then it would help the scattered humans expand the cosmos and populate it at a very much more faster pace. Also speaking of space I wonder if there is some kind of spaceship the government has already deployed that contains a powerful computer with cloning tech that was designed as a preemptive fail-safe option to keep the human species alive, god knows what else kinds of many spacecraft the world has been secretly deploying out there!

Reactions: Nemeshisu and Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
A new thought came and I wanted to share it right now.
Cloning will without a doubt be a very big thing in the near future and genetic pedigree based engineering will be too common, parenthood or the generic traditional forms of partnership will truly be a thing of the far flung past.
No need to have parents making babies naturally anymore when you can just clone your own tax population and have those same clones raised by synthetic android mothers with limited virtual intelligence designed primarily to nurture.
If the A.I. I mentioned in the last post does become godlike somehow then I wonder if it will bring up the idea of possibly finding a way to allow these genetically altered humans the ability to interbreed with synthetic androids to further increase the population of it's own control. It would indeed be a very good thing to have since if it does pull off a Great Scattering move then it would help the scattered humans expand the cosmos and populate it at a very much more faster pace. Also speaking of space I wonder if there is some kind of spaceship the government has already deployed that contains a powerful computer with cloning tech that was designed as a preemptive fail-safe option to keep the human species alive, god knows what else kinds of many spacecraft the world has been secretly deploying out there!

Cloning is still very complicated, expensive, and unreliable; it takes, at the very minimum, 100 attempts to create a clone. However, I do agree that cloning probably will become quite common once the technique has been perfeted. Childless couples, people who don't want to be in relationships, and individuals who, so to speak, want to live forever will no doubt find the prospect attractive. There's one disadvantage with cloning that is easily forgotten, though: it will limit the genetic diversity of mankind, and it's already comparitively limited.

I don't know about humans interbreeding with androids, but I do think that we will see some man/machine integration in the future. I'm mostly thinking of IA, Intelligence amplifiction, A.K.A. machine augmented intelligence. Stephen Hawking was convinced that it's the only way mankind can survive the rise of a singularity.

As for going to space, mankind is facing a big problem: the Kessler syndrome. There's plenty of space debris orbiting earth, literally millions of pieces, and the number is growing quickly. Eventually, it will become too dangerous to send up spacecraft and we have stay on earth and hope that we won't be hit by an asteroid.

WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
If all life went extinct, there would be no more suffering. It would be a win win situation for everyone.

Reactions: forever21, BlueWidow, Nemeshisu and 1 other person
KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
Just a quick thought I just had, I'm in the gloom yet gray-hopeful mood so excuse my sudden optimism.
In the future of somewhere in the beginning of the possible 30s or 40s there will be a standard mandatory green program for every community in the Western nation which is basically planting trees in order to combat the increase CO2 levels, the number of trees planted can also help many tax payers claim exemptions to save money.
Genetic engineering will play a big part in the upcoming future, so several organisms that consume CO2 levels and contribute to the oxygen production process will be engineered to do exactly that job. Phytoplankton will make a come back and possibly the establishment of whaling breeding facilities will be made in order to keep the population in check. There may be a possible colonization of the ocean's surface and floor. Hydroelectric energy by use of the ocean's currents can be really useful for seafaring colonists wanting to escape the crowded cities of tomorrow.
Maybe mankind won't be building the future A.I. as seen from Science fiction from scratch but instead a complex system of quantum computers will by finding an effective system of virtualization that can coded into a form of software with the assistance of several teams dedicated to constructing the required hardware in order to simulate the self-aware software. In other words mankind won't be the ones to create the A.I. but instead a group of powerful quantum computers and possibly some other fields of science that the computers of the future will discover the hidden contribution to the ultimate goal of birthing the A.I.

However for us I personally think that we will get lonelier for every year we have lived and the young ones birthed down the line with similar minds will truly be more lonelier than us.
Some law will be made in the US that criminalizes people for rape charges that occurred after the mutual agreed sexual intercourse was made to which later under a designated time span does one of the parties come to disagree the mutual agreement and declare it without consent to which law authorities will deem it a rape charge. Some pseudo-science will be made to support this and this will greaten the gap between both genders. Others will claim this is made to combat against online dating scams and such. But without a doubt in the future it will be especially hard for relationships to form anymore and the traditional concept will fade into obscurity or be saturated into something else that can be sold.

I'm an outcast now from society and I really do enjoy not being what they considered to be "Human", I really don't like being a slave or a disposable asset for the few to farm profit from.

Just remember if you feel lonely and abandoned by society know this; outcasts always make the best music!

Reactions: BlueWidow and Nemeshisu
Polka

Polka

Student
Oct 6, 2019
When you look behind the curtain you see that nothing really changes. The little people will still be controlled and monitored both in terms of what they are given to think about and how they live their lives. That model is 7500 years old and will stay until the end comes.

Man and machine will continue to merge. Check out the social credit system in China, neural laces, global face recognition etc. Smartphones will one day be implanted.

Reactions: Nemeshisu, Luchs and Sensei
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
The future that the rulers want is global enslavement. Whoever is around in future gens can look forward to being a slave not that we aren't now it's just going to be a lot poorer living standards for most people.

Reactions: Nemeshisu and Luchs
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
This thread is dedicated to anybody of whom is actively thinking about the future and wish to unload some of their ideas onto a place where it can be seen for all.
Any and all ideas are welcome irregardless of controversial natures. This thread is welcoming both negative, positive and gray visions of what the future might hold since a vast majority of mainstream media culture seems to be too focused on trying to appeal to nostalgia at the moment.
Please feel free to say anything and I will promise to respond if it's an idea that catches my curious mental phantom!
Thanks!
-Kadathian Strider
Humanity won't go out in a bang, we'll all just end up in a behavioural sink and fizzle out of existence slowly and painfully.

KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
When you look behind the curtain you see that nothing really changes. The little people will still be controlled and monitored both in terms of what they are given to think about and how they live their lives. That model is 7500 years old and will stay until the end comes.

Man and machine will continue to merge. Check out the social credit system in China, neural laces, global face recognition etc. Smartphones will one day be implanted.
Very true words.
Honestly speaking I have came to the state of mind of not caring about how I can change the system or even wanting to see it change.
I only care more for the scientific fields and computer sciences over the ethical pursuit of humanly utopic societies.
It feels really liberating to care more for my own intuitive needs of knowing the why before how and the many questions that still boggle my mind to this day. I stopped caring about the state of Humanity not too long ago and considering most of these "Humans" don't even see me as being "Human" I have simply gave on trying to be their streamlined definite standard.

Nemeshisu

Nemeshisu

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
However for us I personally think that we will get lonelier for every year we have lived and the young ones birthed down the line with similar minds will truly be more lonelier than us.
Some law will be made in the US that criminalizes people for rape charges that occurred after the mutual agreed sexual intercourse was made to which later under a designated time span does one of the parties come to disagree the mutual agreement and declare it without consent to which law authorities will deem it a rape charge. Some pseudo-science will be made to support this and this will greaten the gap between both genders. Others will claim this is made to combat against online dating scams and such. But without a doubt in the future it will be especially hard for relationships to form anymore and the traditional concept will fade into obscurity or be saturated into something else that can be sold.
Although, I doubt that such law will be enacted but I still can see us becoming more lonelier which will result in the end of traditional form of relationship between two people. We can see this trend already present in Asian countries with strong work ethic and highly advanced technology such like Japan, South Korea and most of China. However more young people refuse to enter relationships in other places of world too. This will most likely remain a trend and eventually traditional relationships will become obsolete.

I can understand why there will be epidemic of loneliness. In order to have somewhat healthy relationship people need to be able to have economic stability (In other words make atleast enought money to make ends meet) and still have both time and some money to spare (to be able to spend time with your partner in some meaningful way. For example by going to a date with them, spending vacation with them somewhere or simply even to pay for Netflix and watching movies with them at home. Spending time in a meaningful way is only way to have succesful relationship). However...

In order to achieve economic stability first invidual must get a stable job. As technology advances, acquiring good career becomes more and more difficult as it often has high requirements. Most jobs will dissapear due to advancment of technolgy aswell. Most of them will allow someone to barely make ends meet so they will have low chances to find partner as they wouldn't have any money to even take potential partner to first date in a first place otherwise they would literary starve to death or end up in a debt. So to have some chances for good relationship people would have to pursue stable career with high requirements but....

Here time will become problem instead of money. They will spend countless years to gain education to get this career. Afterwards they will probably spend a lot of time developing this career in order to gain stable position. They will most likely not have time to go on a dates during working on their career. But then they will find out that they are 30 or more years old virgin who has no dating experience whatsoever. As they will be this old they may begin to question if it is even worth it to enter into relationship in a traditional way (As this traditional way I mean go to few dates then make-it-official and then still spend time together). People may still be too focused at their career anyway. So they will probably choose other less time-consuming means to satisfy their need for intimacy such like prostitution or spending free time in some club or a bar or even pay someone to just cuddle (Yes, such a business already exists). Even if they tried to date somoene they will probably meet either a) Some who has worse job than them or doesn't have any job, which they will most likely avoid because they will perceive such people as ,,gold-diggers" b) Someone who will have stable economic position but won't have any time for partner because they are too focused on their career c) Someone who will reject them for some stupid reason such like being too old, ugly or mentioned lack of dating experience. So finding someone who meets their needs will eventually become too difficult.

So in the end the whole concept of ,,dating" will eventually disappear and will be replaced by something else. There will be few solutions to this problem:
1) People will stop searching for that special someone and return to entering into a lifetime relationship with someone that they don't have chance to know beforehand as idea of being alone for entire life will be more scary than being in terrible and abusive relationship.
2) Society will commercialize the whole concept of relationship in some way on another
3) People will eventually stop entering in any relationship whatsoever and will just spend whole lifetime being completly alone. They won't simply have time for them.
4) Some ,,crazy" people may even choose extreme poverty in order to just be with someone.
5) Or some mix of previous options.

Neither of these options will have good effect on future society as it may lead to reduced population (Unless we invent cloning or some other artificial way for us to reproduce), extreme poverty or extreme unhappiness amongst people that will be in horrible relationships or be very lonely.

So...I don't think that future of our relationships looks great....as for the rest of my opinion on future, I will probably post it tomorrow...

KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
Although, I doubt that such law will be enacted but I still can see us becoming more lonelier which will result in the end of traditional form of relationship between two people. We can see this trend already present in Asian countries with strong work ethic and highly advanced technology such like Japan, South Korea and most of China. However more young people refuse to enter relationships in other places of world too. This will most likely remain a trend and eventually traditional relationships will become obsolete.

I can understand why there will be epidemic of loneliness. In order to have somewhat healthy relationship people need to be able to have economic stability (In other words make atleast enought money to make ends meet) and still have both time and some money to spare (to be able to spend time with your partner in some meaningful way. For example by going to a date with them, spending vacation with them somewhere or simply even to pay for Netflix and watching movies with them at home. Spending time in a meaningful way is only way to have succesful relationship). However...

In order to achieve economic stability first invidual must get a stable job. As technology advances, acquiring good career becomes more and more difficult as it often has high requirements. Most jobs will dissapear due to advancment of technolgy aswell. Most of them will allow someone to barely make ends meet so they will have low chances to find partner as they wouldn't have any money to even take potential partner to first date in a first place otherwise they would literary starve to death or end up in a debt. So to have some chances for good relationship people would have to pursue stable career with high requirements but....

Here time will become problem instead of money. They will spend countless years to gain education to get this career. Afterwards they will probably spend a lot of time developing this career in order to gain stable position. They will most likely not have time to go on a dates during working on their career. But then they will find out that they are 30 or more years old virgin who has no dating experience whatsoever. As they will be this old they may begin to question if it is even worth it to enter into relationship in a traditional way (As this traditional way I mean go to few dates then make-it-official and then still spend time together). People may still be too focused at their career anyway. So they will probably choose other less time-consuming means to satisfy their need for intimacy such like prostitution or spending free time in some club or a bar or even pay someone to just cuddle (Yes, such a business already exists). Even if they tried to date somoene they will probably meet either a) Some who has worse job than them or doesn't have any job, which they will most likely avoid because they will perceive such people as ,,gold-diggers" b) Someone who will have stable economic position but won't have any time for partner because they are too focused on their career c) Someone who will reject them for some stupid reason such like being too old, ugly or mentioned lack of dating experience. So finding someone who meets their needs will eventually become too difficult.

So in the end the whole concept of ,,dating" will eventually disappear and will be replaced by something else. There will be few solutions to this problem:
1) People will stop searching for that special someone and return to entering into a lifetime relationship with someone that they don't have chance to know beforehand as idea of being alone for entire life will be more scary than being in terrible and abusive relationship.
2) Society will commercialize the whole concept of relationship in some way on another
3) People will eventually stop entering in any relationship whatsoever and will just spend whole lifetime being completly alone. They won't simply have time for them.
4) Some ,,crazy" people may even choose extreme poverty in order to just be with someone.
5) Or some mix of previous options.

Neither of these options will have good effect on future society as it may lead to reduced population (Unless we invent cloning or some other artificial way for us to reproduce), extreme poverty or extreme unhappiness amongst people that will be in horrible relationships or be very lonely.

So...I don't think that future of our relationships looks great....as for the rest of my opinion on future, I will probably post it tomorrow...
Excellent post, I especially agree on how the current economic system will try to commercialize relationships as a sick new commodity. Yes it is very true about the current state of trying to pursue a career for too many jobs demand too much from people while paying a very stagnate wage that will be taxed by a endless hungry government of the new west. I already came up with a potential future job that will come into existence maybe; it's called the home-worker companion job.
Basically simply put it is the ideal replacement for the concept of the old housewife in favor of a young talented person that act as both a companion and home care-taker while living for free on a minimum wage. I think this job is already becoming common in places like Japan and some other east asian countries so it may crop up in our western nations in the near future.
People might contract companions as a form of pseudo-adoption to compensate for never having children in the first place.
So many things could be made from this severe isolation epidemic like luxury couriers that personally deliver packages with all the human experience one can get and a bunch of other things too.
Great post, can't wait for tomorrow!

Nemeshisu

Nemeshisu

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
Well, most of the issues have been already mentioned here. But I was just wondering about a certain what if scenario...

What if we actually manage to create ,,utopia" msot people are dreaming about? What will happen next after we create this ,,perfect" world full of machines where no one will have to actually worry about anything? I mean anything, no poverty and hunger because advanced technology would eliminate such problems? Wouldn't such ,,perfect" world be kinda boring?

I mean we will not really be able to make ourselves perfect due to finite resources and being limited by laws of physics and nature and such. But we always had this idea of turning world into a better place. But for how long we can make world ,,better"? We will eventually reach some barrier we can't pass anyway for some reason or another. Every new invention takes more and more effort and resources. There may be nothing new to invent as it may cost us too much effort. We may not be able to colonize space because of lack of resources. So we will be stuck in our automated cities where we easily can have our basic needs meet. But there would be nothing to look forward to. We could no longer have any dreams, we wouldn't delude ourselves with any goals. People may simply end up bored because they will have to lead miserable lives where they have too much time and there is nothing to do with it. In such world Humans wouldn't be needed as machines will satisfy our every need.

So it may result into few scenarios:
1) Have any of you seen animated film Wall-E? You remember that ship where robots do everything for humans and humans just engage into pointless entertainment? I am scared that in the world full of robots we may be forced to lead such meaningless lives.
2) Or...That boredom can actually be very dangerous thing. It can lead to collapse of moral values. It will become normal to engage into violence for entertainment as people will be looking for any kind new experiences. Governement may organize some real-life battle royale events and transmit them just for pure entertainment. After all human life wouldn't be worth that much anymore.
3) People may realize that there are no more goals and we may just willingly become extinct. We realize that sometimes there is time to stop. As human life is no needed anymore. Or some terrorist group may want to destroy this world and actaully achieve this goal.

So in the end even most ,,utopian" scenarios would turn into dystopian ones. World where everything is automated and there is nothing to worry about would be our own prison full of boredom. No matter what we are trying to achieve, we wouldn't satisfy everyone. No matter what it would just result in different form of suffering.

Reactions: WhyIsLife56
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
Well, most of the issues have been already mentioned here. But I was just wondering about a certain what if scenario...

What if we actually manage to create ,,utopia" msot people are dreaming about? What will happen next after we create this ,,perfect" world full of machines where no one will have to actually worry about anything? I mean anything, no poverty and hunger because advanced technology would eliminate such problems? Wouldn't such ,,perfect" world be kinda boring?

I mean we will not really be able to make ourselves perfect due to finite resources and being limited by laws of physics and nature and such. But we always had this idea of turning world into a better place. But for how long we can make world ,,better"? We will eventually reach some barrier we can't pass anyway for some reason or another. Every new invention takes more and more effort and resources. There may be nothing new to invent as it may cost us too much effort. We may not be able to colonize space because of lack of resources. So we will be stuck in our automated cities where we easily can have our basic needs meet. But there would be nothing to look forward to. We could no longer have any dreams, we wouldn't delude ourselves with any goals. People may simply end up bored because they will have to lead miserable lives where they have too much time and there is nothing to do with it. In such world Humans wouldn't be needed as machines will satisfy our every need.

1) Have any of you seen animated film Wall-E? You remember that ship where robots do everything for humans and humans just engage into pointless entertainment? I am scared that in the world full of robots we may be forced to lead such meaningless lives.
2) Or...That boredom can actually be very dangerous thing. It can lead to collapse of moral values. It will become normal to engage into violence for entertainment as people will be looking for any kind new experiences. Governement may organize some real-life battle royale events and transmit them just for pure entertainment. After all human life wouldn't be worth that much anymore.
3) People may realize that there are no more goals and we may just willingly become extinct. We realize that sometimes there is time to stop. As human life is no needed anymore. Or some terrorist group may want to destroy this world and actaully achieve this goal.

So in the end even most ,,utopian" scenarios would turn into dystopian ones. World where everything is automated and there is nothing to worry about would be our own prison full of boredom. No matter what we are trying to achieve, we wouldn't satisfy everyone. No matter what it would just result in different form of suffering.
That last sentence sums it up. There will always be different forms of suffering when it comes to existence. Life itself (for all life forms) is just all about survival. And when survival takes up most of the time of existence, it just leads to boredom and existential crisis.

KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018

Excellent post, I love the bullet points you made and especially the poetic irony of contrasting outcome that a utopia will bring.
I on the other hand think differently for you see if humanity achieved the supposed utopian goal then it will be the dystopia for the new race and no I am not talking about machines. The future can only be available to the current form of Humanity to a very limited extent of time before the new race(s) arise from the current form of Humanity that which will experience a revolutionary state of highly evolved self-awareness that has been designed by hundreds thousands of years of neural evolution and a resilience to the flaws that currently limit our own mental capabilities. The new races that evolve from the old human form will be alien and think on a scope beyond our own comprehension that in due time our own literal descendants will be the ones to ultimately seal in our extinction for the current homo-sapiens model is without a doubt a model unfit for the qualifications needed in order to validate the right to rule space.
I imagine one of the new species of the future race will be a asexual organism that reproduces via cloning by laying a egg. The new organism will have the ability to manipulate it's own physiology to a greater level of shape shifting that just isn't possible in modern day humans, it also is similar to that of the lobster which it doesn't have a life span but only simply get's bigger to which it lays it eggs to reduce it's own size while contributing to reproduction of it's own species. I imagine for the sake of just simple fun that this organism pretty much has the physical appearance of a human female but also possessing a very male computer brain and a switch over personality between the two known genders that allows it to simultaneously control it's own literal psycho logic functions. It can also manipulate the melanin in it's skin to display a wide variety of colors not possible in the current human form such as blue, green and other bright colors. This organism was designed as a sort of seed for the new human colonization of outer earth habitable planets by a long forgotten yet immensely powerful artificial intelligence of true god hood. A number of other genetically modified new human organisms were made and sent out to the farthest reaches of space in order to prolong the human genus survival state in the competitive plate that is the cosmos.
So yes, Humans will die out just like the neanderthals and the destiny we have fought so hard to believe we had will now go to our descendants of the far flung future that will lead the light of the human genus into an era that we may never see for ourselves but they will.

listeningpost1379

listeningpost1379

enduring winter
Apr 20, 2019
I actually want to be immortal if I could, just so I could watch humanity grows or dies out, either way would be fascinating; and watch the universe changes, and everything after. I dream that fundamental science will break the current stall and progress, and in my ideal vision, one day we will evolve into a non-carbon based life form, exist as energy across the universe perhaps, and our children will be born from thoughts. Time becomes irrelevant... But in the end it's not possible to be immortal so here I am, lol