ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I know i'm probably going to get ridiculed for this. but i wanted to add to my post and my opinion.That imo @FuneralCry was a unique philosopher. I guess of the pessimist philosophy similar to Schopenhaur. I don't know of too many pessimist philosophers that were women. FC said things i've never seen anywhere . she was bold. this was her platform. and now that is gone . Imo her message needed to be heard because it is the truth. part of it was that "life is bad" which i think is the truth. she wrote well articulated her points well . we don't have guaranteed suicide methods because most people believe "life is good" which imo is not true. in spite of the pervasive "life is good" mantra 26 million people attempt suicide with brutal risky methods worldwide each year , 700,000 to a million commit suicide every year worldwide .

imo there was a way to show people the truth from this site now gone.

She's got no other way to get her message out .

this was the only place she could 've or anyone could've said these kinds of things. google censors all and google hides even this site but still has a lot of reach.
I agree. I think that FC is a one in a kind person when considering her views. No where else have I seen people say what FC says. Even people here disagree with FC which just goes to show to unique and controversial her views are

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739 and pthnrdnojvsc
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Her pain is not the problem and it's not what got her banned. Being relatable doesn't make someone more exempt from the rules.

I wholeheartedly believe that people should be able to express their opinions without being censored. Her views are very unique and that's okay.

But repetitively posting the same thread even when you know that it will result in fighting, and then watching it unfold from afar is a real' toxic thing to do.

FuneralCry is also aggressive to views not aligning to her own. It's quite ironic that we're being asked to be open-minded towards someone so close-minded. Not saying we shouldn't be open-minded, but isn't that laughable?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: tychai, AvwJ, betternever2havbeen and 10 others
voc_89

voc_89

Student
Apr 10, 2023
We do though. She has on multiple occasions talked about how she doesn't plan on ctbing because she is scared of it going wrong and it ending with her suffering even more. Also, @Chinaski comment was clearly addressing the stuff that @pthnrdnojvsc was saying about FC being a "unique philosopher" and stuff (which she isn't), rather than it being them taking shots at FC.
she supposedly lives in the UK. Do some research on what happens in that country when CTB goes wrong. Not all of us live in countries where u able to just go back to normal if CTB doesn't work. The last CTB story I read in the UK involved a man cutting off his hand and chaining the last one to the sink. I recall the news said that he was in and out of pysch and lost basically everything when his SI was found out. Imagine being so desperate and fearful of getting caught if u CTB that u take such a drastic measure. Give FC a break

Reactions: bernara and pthnrdnojvsc
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
she supposedly lives in the UK. Do some research on what happens in that country when CTB goes wrong. Not all of us live in countries where u able to just go back to normal if CTB doesn't work. The last CTB story I read in the UK involved a man cutting off his hand and chaining the last one to the sink. I recall the news said that he was in and out of pysch and lost basically everything when his SI was found out. Imagine being so desperate and fearful of getting caught if u CTB that u take such a drastic measure. Give FC a break
That's the same situation for literally all of us though

Reactions: houseofleaves and Looking
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Wtf are you talking about? I know she's from the UK and that literally has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm just saying that she probably isn't dead because she has openly talked about not planning on attempting anytime soon due to her fears of it going wrong and worsening her suffering. You are getting offended for literally no reason.

Reactions: houseofleaves, DeIetedUser4739, avoid and 2 others
voc_89

voc_89

Student
Apr 10, 2023
That's the same situation for literally all of us though
incorrect. In my country u immediately sent to the nation's psychiatric hospital. That place has so much stigma that after u leave u 100% don't have the same life u had before entering. In some countries there is 0 empathy for what is perceived to be different. Example, in the news in my country a LGBTQ person was robbed yesterday and in the comments most people are just laughing at them. U have 0 clue what the hell is going on in some people's countries of birth when it comes to being different. Give FC a break
Wtf are you talking about? I know she's from the UK and that literally has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm just saying that she probably isn't dead because she has openly talked about not planning on attempting anytime soon due to her fears of it going wrong and worsening her suffering. You are getting offended for literally no reason.
i already explained what happens in some countries where u are perceived to be different. Idk how it is in the UK but in my country when u found out to be different u are ostracized. If thats how it is in the UK when it comes to mental health then i don't blame FC for being scared. Example, in the US, some have said about being hit with outrageous hospital bills when their CTB effort was caught. U blame them for being scared to try when the risk is being destitute if caught? Whatever. Some of ya'll are incredulous

Last edited:
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
incorrect.
No, it's correct. We all find suicide difficult, for multiple reasons. It's not unique to one individual on this forum to feel acutely suicidal and also feel fearful of a failed attempt.

Reactions: houseofleaves, Looking, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 1 other person
voc_89

voc_89

Student
Apr 10, 2023
No, it's correct. We all find suicide difficult, for multiple reasons. It's not unique to one individual on this forum to feel acutely suicidal and also feel fearful of a failed attempt.
doesn't some countries like um Canada and Switzerland have assisted CTB. But yh its the same for all. Got it

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
i already explained what happens in some countries where u are perceived to be different. Idk how it is in the UK but in my country when u found out to be different u are ostracized. If thats how it is in the UK when it comes to mental health then i don't blame FC for being scared. Example, in the US, some have said about being hit with outrageous hospital bills when their CTB effort was caught. U blame them for being scared to try when the risk is being destitute if caught? Whatever. Some of ya'll are incredulous
Again, what does this have to do with anything? I was responding to someone who claimed that we don't even know if FC is still alive by saying that she probably is because she doesn't plan on ctbing. That's it. Then you are responding to me by ranting about how the UK treats suicidal people and talking about giving FC a break. When did I imply that FC was in the wrong for not wanting to attempt? You are literally defending her over nothing.
doesn't some countries like um Canada and Switzerland have assisted CTB. But yh its the same for all. Got it
MAID is only available to those who are terminally ill here in Canada, so it isn't an option for most suicidal people here. If you attempt suicide then you will be put in a psych ward.

Source: I'm Canadian.

• Informative
Reactions: houseofleaves, DeIetedUser4739, Looking and 3 others
voc_89

voc_89

Student
Apr 10, 2023
Again, what does this have to do with anything? I was responding to someone who claimed that we don't even know if FC is still alive by saying that she probably is because she doesn't plan on ctbing. That's it. Then you are responding to me by ranting about how the UK treats suicidal people and talking about giving FC a break. When did I imply that FC was in the wrong for not wanting to attempt? You are literally defending her over nothing.

MAID is only available to those who are terminally ill here in Canada, so it isn't an option for most suicidal people here. If you attempt suicide then you will be put in a psych ward.

Source: I'm Canadian.
My impression from the original comment was just another dump on FC. I like to give real world examples to justify my opinion. Taken from Canada's justice website:

"The law no longer requires a person's natural death to be reasonably foreseeable as an eligibility criterion for MAID." I read ALOT of news due to my job. But what do i know. News must be wrong.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
My impression from the original comment was just another dump on FC. I like to give real world examples to justify my opinion. Taken from Canada's justice website:

"The law no longer requires a person's natural death to be reasonably foreseeable as an eligibility criterion for MAID." I read ALOT of news due to my job. But what do i know. News must be wrong.
Even still:

As of March 17, 2021, persons who wish to receive MAID must meet the following eligibility criteria:

• be 18 years of age or older and have decision-making capacity
  • be eligible for publicly funded health care services
  • make a voluntary request that is not the result of external pressure
  • give informed consent to receive MAID, meaning that the person has consented to receiving MAID after they have received all information needed to make this decision
  • have a serious and incurable illness, disease or disability (excluding a mental illness until March 17, 2024)
  • be in an advanced state of irreversible decline in capability
  • have enduring and intolerable physical or psychological suffering that cannot be alleviated under conditions the person considers acceptable
On February 1, 2024, the Government of Canada introduced a bill to extend the exclusion of eligibility for persons whose sole underlying medical condition is a mental illness for an additional period of three years to March 17, 2027.

And considering the fact that the Conservatives are likley to win the next election, the chances of this extension being a reality is pretty slim. MAID is not available to most suicidal people.

Last edited:
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
If nothing else, isn't it pretty low IQ to circlejerk over her posts for the millionth time? I assume even someone with reasonable cognitive ability would be like "are you ok?" after reading the same regurgitated nonsense for the thousandth time. Either way, she has no business giving the community a message on death, and to have your overall philosophy spoon fed to you by someone like that must be embarrassing. You're drinking the Jonestown koolaid from someone a hell of a lot less charismatic than Jim Jones. Ouch.

There's absolutely nothing unique in wishing to not exist. We've all had those moments from time to time. It's about as controversial as thinking "oh shit" when your alarm goes off in the morning. And that's the point - it's a private thought, just like the decision to ctb is a private decision. We don't need some arbiter of death preaching to us or influencing anyone who might otherwise have made it through. Young and vulnerable people sign up here every day, and if they see someone like that dominating the boards and believing that's the overall message we're putting out, they're likely to take it to heart. FC exercised way too much power and control, and in a sense took away the autonomy and individuality we're all trying to protect by monopolizing the board. How someone can't see that is beyond me.

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, enduringwinter, Circles and 9 others
GhostShell

GhostShell

Dec 5, 2023
I may be biased because I read like 20 of her posts, I am definitely not a "cultist" nor an "acolyte" as some people in this thread would like to call me (which I find extremely aggressive and definitely against the spirit of being kind to each other but go figure). In fact this thread I see multiple people attacking FC while I did not see FC attack everyone. Who knows, perhaps I just picked the 20 best most friendly threads full of unicorn rainbow she posted.

But from what I have seen I agree with her every word no matter how doomposty it was. This is a view that many people share that is extremely suppressed everywhere, and I am weirded out to find that even here is not a safe place for "pro death" as people simplistically call this mortalist philosophy.

I am under no delusion that FC is a Freud-tier figure in the history of modern philosophy, but me and many others felt represented at least. Was the issue too many posts and "spam"? Why not just limit her to 1 thread per week or something.

My question then is, where else? What space is open to this philosophy?

If there is any proof of her attacking anyone I am very open to changing my mind, but I havent seen it yet.

Reactions: spring vainglory, bernara and DeIetedUser4739
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I am under no delusion that FC is a Freud-tier figure in the history of modern philosophy, but me and many others felt represented at least.
Nobody needs the presence of another poster to feel "represented", you can represent yourself and in any case, it's not as if she was unique in the positions she took - if anything, nihilistic doomposting and the surrounding half-baked philosophies is perhaps over-represented when compared to discussions around other, more concrete drivers to suicide.

Reactions: yellowjester
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
If there is any proof of her attacking anyone I am very open to changing my mind, but I havent seen it yet.

In one of her posts she basically said that people who post about self harm aren't really serious about suicide and shouldn't be here.

Reactions: fleetingnight, avoid, yellowjester and 2 others
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
Only moderators and FuneralCry know the full situation. Threads and posts that break the forum rules may be deleted when spotted by or reported to the moderators. They make user and content related decisions and I don't think they need to justify or present their proof to the public.

I get that people want to understand the reasoning of the moderators. But I don't think the public should have a say in moderator decisions when it's likely that they don't know the full story. This includes doubting their decision and offering alternate solutions.

But from what I have seen I agree with her every word no matter how doomposty it was. This is a view that many people share that is extremely suppressed everywhere, and I am weirded out to find that even here is not a safe place for "pro death" as people simplistically call this mortalist philosophy.

I am under no delusion that FC is a Freud-tier figure in the history of modern philosophy, but me and many others felt represented at least. Was the issue too many posts and "spam"? Why not just limit her to 1 thread per week or something.

My question then is, where else? What space is open to this philosophy?
This forum is a safe space for the mortalist philosophy and a (temporary) ban of one user doesn't mean it's not. I hope that the explanation below will confirm this for you.

she was banned due to a warning that put her over the ban threshold. she was disrespectful, inflammatory and unnecessary, attacking both mods and users and downplaying the feelings of others. we've told her multiple times to use past posts instead of making duplicates and she never would abide, we'd also give her verbal and regular warnings to try and change her behaviour over the last few years for other things. she'd attack users for disagreeing with her and call them pro-life.
she would also often make threads being disrespectful to other peoples opinions from previous threads and that would provoke people to comment on said thread. this would lead to a lot of her threads going up in flames and having to be locked and have warnings be applied.

for the time being she will stay banned for at least a month. we will come back to it then.

Sorry for the vent.

Last edited:
Reactions: fleetingnight