• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

E

elephant1

Dec 2, 2021
I really hope there's someone who can tell me her/his opinion on this:

I think I found a proper anchor point. It's this vertical wooden beam with some space left just below the ceiling of an apartment.

As I'm about 70kg, I think this will be enough to hold my weight. What do you think?

Also: I wanna use a 10mm polyester rope that can hold up to 1490kg. But what do you think about the specific length for the rope to be? Would 5 Meters be enough in length?

And finally: Is a hitch knot fine to tie it to the beam?

Thanks for all your replies, I'd be very grateful for any opinions and recommendations

Love you all Anchorpoint

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021

I think I found a proper anchor point. It's this vertical wooden beam with some space left just below the ceiling of an apartment.

As I'm about 70kg, I think this will be enough to hold my weight. What do you think?

Also: I wanna use a 10mm polyester rope that can hold up to 1490kg. But what do you think about the specific length for the rope to be? Would 5 Meters be enough in length?

Thanks for all your replies, I'd be very grateful for any opinions and recommendations

Love you allView attachment 81021
Everything here is very similar to my plan but my beam is in the garage and is more like thin and wide which is annoying. You can always test by tying your rope and just hanging from it by your hands and see what happens.

Reactions: elephant1
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021

Love you allView attachment 81021
This spot looks lke it will work and the rope sounds more than strong enough. The biggest concern here is that after going unconscious your arms and legs will thrash around quite a but for at least a few minutes, so your arms and legs could just keep hitting this vertical beam over and over and make a lot of noise and cause you to get rescued. YOur chances are better if you can do this when your neighbors who might hear this are all out, but that might be toiugh to get- if at least the upstairs and downstiars neighbors are out this would really help.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
This spot looks lke it will work and the rope sounds more than strong enough. The biggest concern here is that after going unconscious your arms and legs will thrash around quite a but for at least a few minutes, so your arms and legs could just keep hitting this vertical beam over and over and make a lot of noise and cause you to get rescued. YOur chances are better if you can do this when your neighbors who might hear this are all out, but that might be toiugh to get- if at least the upstairs and downstiars neighbors are out this would really help.
I'm going to be honest...I've never read or heard of anyone actually THRASHING around. From the scientific literature I could find it talks about posturing which is what happens when the brain is deprived of oxygen which is your muscles contracting and tensing in strange ways but I've never heard anything about violent thrashing. Can you please tell me where you found the info?

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus and elephant1
E

elephant1

Dec 2, 2021
Thanks a lot! Yeah, making noise after passing out is also my biggest concern. Positive aspect: The room is in the attic floor, so there wouldn't be any neighbors above me.

Well, I guess booking a night there, checking & testing everything is what I'll do

• Hugs
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus and Someone123
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Thanks a lot! Yeah, making noise after passing out is also my biggest concern. Positive aspect: The room is in the attic floor, so there wouldn't be any neighbors above me.

Well, I guess booking a night there, checking & testing everything is what I'll do
No method is ever perfect but you have a good chance to find peace. Please give serious thought about whether you do want to go through with this- it is my opinion that most people under age 30 or so (especially under 25), if they can get the right help from other people have a decent chance to solve their problems, though not always- it really depends on what the problems are. I hope you are able to find peace in one way or another.
I'm going to be honest...I've never read or heard of anyone actually THRASHING around. From the scientific literature I could find it talks about posturing which is what happens when the brain is deprived of oxygen which is your muscles contracting and tensing in strange ways but I've never heard anything about violent thrashing. Can you please tell me where you found the info?
I've seen some posts on this site where people said their neighbors heard banging on a door or wall while doing this and they called for an ambulance and they were rescued. There are so many posts on hanging here it would take a long time, more than I have, to track down these posts. They used to have videos here showing the arms repeatedly contracting, though not thrashing, after hanging. I haven't been able to find the links to these videos lately.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
E

elephant1

Dec 2, 2021
Important: What kind of rope length do you suggest for that anchor point? 5m or 8m?

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
No method is ever perfect but you have a good chance to find peace. Please give serious thought about whether you do want to go through with this- it is my opinion that most people under age 30 or so (especially under 25), if they can get the right help from other people have a decent chance to solve their problems, though not always- it really depends on what the problems are. I hope you are able to find peace in one way or another.

I've seen some posts on this site where people said their neighbors heard banging on a door or wall while doing this and they called for an ambulance and they were rescued. There are so many posts on hanging here it would take a long time, more than I have, to track down these posts. They used to have videos here showing the arms repeatedly contracting, though not thrashing, after hanging. I haven't been able to find the links to these videos lately.
Ok, no problem! Yeah I think I remember reading one or two being found coz of banging.