AnonymouslyBlue

AnonymouslyBlue

Sep 29, 2019
Funny how people say they are there for you but when it comes down to it, they fuck off when you reach out to them and then apologize afterwards as if that would make a difference for the lack of caring when you needed them most.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, JAG_78, Mm80 and 20 others
Dreamless Sleep

Dreamless Sleep

The eternal night before chaos...
Feb 1, 2020
People, in general, will almost always disappoint you. Once you accept this it's easier because you can stop having expectations from them.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, Wayfaerer, Mm80 and 11 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
It's not very nice when that happens.

Sometimes there are people who do genuinely care but they don't realise just how much energy and effort it takes to support someone else, so when it comes down to it they get overwhelmed and back off. Then there's the 2nd camp of people: the ones who don't actually give a damn at all and just pretend to care to get social brownie points - AKA: Virtue signallers. Either way it can leave you feeling frustrated.

Reactions: Élégie, Skathon, Meditation guide and 3 others
airboy_a380

airboy_a380

Can´t wait to find Neverland!
Aug 12, 2020
I've tried to help people on SS who said they're needing a friend. But when you reach out, they go silent. So I don't bother anymore. Myself first.

Reactions: BPD Barbie, inactive, AnonymouslyBlue and 2 others
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
I also hate those stupid copy and paste things on Facebook, 'always here' etc. But their not, it's just words from people who don't understand.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, Hornyaboutdeath, almost_dead and 8 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Funny how people say they are there for you but when it comes down to it, they fuck off when you reach out to them and then apologize afterwards as if that would make a difference for the lack of caring when you needed them most.
I learned this lesson a long time. They're rarely if ever there to help you. But they'll sure be there to say they would've helped you or were there for you if anything does happen.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, JAG_78, Kassender and 11 others
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
This has been the story of my last year. Friends have abandoned me when I most needed them. On the day of an attempt that many people found out about, a lot of people expressed concern and said they would visit or call or check in. They haven't.

I'm not sure it's that they don't care. I think it's more likely that they're uncomfortable or don't know how to help. (They're correct, by the way. They can't help.) Or it could just be that they care, but don't care enough.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, JAG_78, charlottewilts and 9 others
airboy_a380

airboy_a380

Can´t wait to find Neverland!
Aug 12, 2020
I learned this lesson a long time. They're rarely if ever there to help you. But they'll sure be there to say they would've helped you or were there for you if anything does happen.
Exactly

• Hugs
Reactions: Existingnotliving, AnonymouslyBlue, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Oh I hate that too, and I can relate. I had people who approached me and told me that they were here for me, but no it's really just a nicety and virtuous signal at best. These same people mostly care about their ego and being praised by their peers for (pretending to) being helpful, even if they can't do shit to help my situation. Of course, if I tell them to fuck off, I'd be painted as the aggressor, the instigator so either way, it's a lose-lose situation for us.

Reactions: Élégie, JAG_78, DFFP and 5 others
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
To me it seems that some also love to look really really busy, when you know they're just going through their social media

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
This is exactly why I've come to rely on nobody but myself. People make the offer but they never expect you to actually cash in on it.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, almost_dead and Existingnotliving
almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
This is exactly why I've come to rely on nobody but myself. People make the offer but they never expect you to actually cash in on it.
i am trash so i cant even rely on myself

• Love
Reactions: JAG_78
Tigeress Lost

Tigeress Lost

Lost Tigeress In A Human Body
Jul 30, 2020
Hi Friend
I Made A Big Mistake Trusting Someone Never Again

Reactions: DFFP