• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
These two posts I found while looking at views related to voluntary euthanasia are really spot on and describe the state of society.

From u/MalikDama, he writes:
Prevalent notion is that suicides are the results of a passing fancy that lasted just a little too long resulting in death. Prevalent notion that those who commit suicide suffered silent and only needed to reach out to someone to save themselves.
Prevalent actions towards those who admit to suicidal thoughts is to call them "attention seeking. Prevalent action is to claim they are mentally ill, jail them in a hospital for a brief time, and than literally/figuratively kick them to the curb. Assuming of course they aren't awkwardly dismissed, even by suicide help lines.
Empathy is claimed, but eyes closed to the suffering. Empathy is claimed, but hands remain idle rather than to stop the suffering.
Victory is claimed when suicide is prevented for one more day while the suffering continues. Victory is claimed when someone proclaims they were wrong to have suicidal thoughts, this taking the shameblame and praising god, family, doctors.
You are not wrong for wanting the suffering to stop. You are not wrong for having the thoughts even when things are currently better.
"The beatings shall continue until morale improves" is blatantly crazy; is modus operandi towards you while calling you mentally ill.

This is a really insightful post that explains the irrationality and absurd status quo that society holds towards suicidal people.

Another poster, u/infpmmxix stated:
You're right and I personally think that's a terrible thing :(
Society perpetuates circumstances that drive people to seek a way out, but simultaneously upholds that it is immoral for people to find a way out. It looks like some kind of hypocrisy from my perspective.

I believe the OP of that post shares the same, if not similar lines of thinking as I do. It seems like he/she also sees the hypocrisy and irrationality of society itself.

• Love
Reactions: BrokenBeing, the-eternal, Deleted member 17331 and 4 others
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
I agree with both. Most "normal" people offer trivial notions of "help" to convince themselves that they're doing the right thing and then they wash their hands of suicidal people without actually offering any practical form of help. I personally can't convince myself that these are good people even if they've managed to convince themselves of that for their own psychological well being. I'm not sure if it's the right phrase I'm looking for but I think cognitive dissonance applies here.

If I called these people out in real life I'd be labeled as toxic for pointing out the failures in their moral character. If I pointed out how useless and harmful things like the suicide hotline number/mental health awareness campaigns are I'd be ostracized as well. None of them are willing to rationally look at things and admit that our society pushes people closer to suicide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sprite_Geist
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Good post tbh. It is devastating to reach out only to realize that people think you're an attention-seeking and unstable person who needs to be firmly forced into a better mindset. My parents found out that I was suicidal and self harming when I was 14, and rather than helping me they made me apologize to them for 'breaking their trust' and making 'stupid decisions.'

• Hugs
Reactions: Heart Shards
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
I think this quote from David Foster Wallace sums it up quite well too.

The so-called 'psychotically depressed' person who tries to kill herself doesn't do so out of quote 'hopelessness' or any abstract conviction that life's assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire's flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It's not desiring the fall; it's terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling 'Don't!' and 'Hang on!', can understand the jump. Not really. You'd have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling.

Reactions: Odd_Duck