FoxSauce

FoxSauce

Emotional unstable like and IKEA table
Aug 23, 2024
This is my first post here. As someone diagnosed with BPD (not too long ago) , I'm curious how others deal or cope with feelings of abandonment, whether real or perceived.

For me, I mostly feel depressed and end up crying a lot. Sometimes I go to extreme lengths to keep the people I care about close, like giving them gifts or doing whatever they want, and I often find myself begging them not to leave.

Feel free to share your own experiences if you're comfortable.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and soledad.virgen
hungryhamster

hungryhamster

Oct 16, 2024
hi! also diagnosed with bpd.

best thing that's helped me is to ask for reassurance lol but i know that's sometimes scary/not possible/temporary

if that's not available i try to distract myself by gaming, reading, etc. it really depends on what your hobbies and stuff are, try to do stuff that requires concentration so you're too busy to think about those feelings

Leiot

Leiot

Student
Oct 2, 2024
BP Type II - the feeling abandonment is a strong trigger for me. Shoots me down every time. I moved away from my friends about a year and a half ago to go somewhere I thought would be better. That was a mistake. I feel like I abandoned myself, as crazy as that sounds. Haven't met hardly anyone; feel like an outsider. 195 days until my lease is up and I can get the hell out of here.