• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Not really sure what to write as my head doesn't feel screwed on properly but this morning I keep getting flashbacks to the targeted homophobia I experienced last year, and I'm starting to wonder if that's continuing this year from someone else but in a different way (silent treatment). It's also triggering the homophobic violence and abuse and threats I've experienced in the past.

I'm trying to hold things together and not make an impulsive suicide attempt as I've done that already in the last week and like I always say to people on here, it doesn't work. But I have self harmed already this morning and it's only ten o'clock.

I know I've just got to ride it out, that never mind what one part of my brain is telling me, that these are memories not current events but part of what's getting to me is the lack of understanding from other people. None of the LGBTQ+ people I know have experienced anything directly in years and straight people are sympathetic but don't and can't understand the fear of wondering if the person who looks at you for too long in the shop is going to say something, maybe in the car park where it's quiet.

Just hoping there's someone on here who understands.

• Hugs
Reactions: ToMoveOn, LoiteringClouds, EvisceratedJester and 8 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
People pretend to be supportive and many wear flags... but in my experience, homophobia is just as rife as 20 years ago. When there is no one gay is around, people talk how they really feel, and its far from supportive. Maybe not violence but definitely not accepting and welcoming.

Reactions: Iloveher and Ash
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Well, it is an election year and that does not always bring kindness and understanding.
I hope you get spared this.

Reactions: Ash
Iloveher

Iloveher

Jul 17, 2024
I met people who said "I have nothing against gay people as long as they dont hit on me" Same people would hit on females and get angry if they got rejected which is the irony of their hypocrisy.
I am straight but I think gay people make better friends than straight people. A gay person will always be more loyal and more open minded than a straight person. A gay person will understand you better if youre fighting depression and suicidal thoughts

astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
it sounds terrifying and paranoia-inducing. i'm sorry that you're dealing with this. people need to get over themselves and realize what we do as consenting adults in the bedroom is no one else's business.

RejectMetamorphosis

RejectMetamorphosis

Jul 10, 2024
Not really sure what to write as my head doesn't feel screwed on properly but this morning I keep getting flashbacks to the targeted homophobia I experienced last year, and I'm starting to wonder if that's continuing this year from someone else but in a different way (silent treatment). It's also triggering the homophobic violence and abuse and threats I've experienced in the past.

I'm trying to hold things together and not make an impulsive suicide attempt as I've done that already in the last week and like I always say to people on here, it doesn't work. But I have self harmed already this morning and it's only ten o'clock.

I know I've just got to ride it out, that never mind what one part of my brain is telling me, that these are memories not current events but part of what's getting to me is the lack of understanding from other people. None of the LGBTQ+ people I know have experienced anything directly in years and straight people are sympathetic but don't and can't understand the fear of wondering if the person who looks at you for too long in the shop is going to say something, maybe in the car park where it's quiet.

Just hoping there's someone on here who understands.
sorry that you have to deal with the homophobic bigots :( people shuld rlly learn how to mind their own business