thankgodfor

thankgodfor

I must not think bad thoughts
Jul 11, 2021
so, the whole problem with my life is basically growing up. as silly and stupid as it sounds, i just cant handle adult life and its responsabilities, i turned 18 about 2 months ago and even if nothing has changed yet but the fact that theorically im not a teenager anymore, i know that my future will be the same as almost everyone because im poor, i know i will work all day with something i probably hate til i get old enough to stop working and then when i finally can enjoy life i will be full of diseases and ugly. i can try so hard but i will never be able to love a life which i have to do the same fucking thing everyday to survive and still always be lacking money to travel and have fun, just like everyone around me. whats the point of being here if i'm obligated to follow a kind of script that makes me unhappy and cannot do what i really want? and i know theres nothing i can do about it so at least to me keep living would be a kind of torture. maybe i sound so immature and ignorant to older people so pls be kind if you think differently but i see my parents spend all day working and they never have any money to do anything but pay the bills. i dont hate myself, i dont find myself ugly and i have friends so i dont know if i really want to die, i just can't adapt myself and don't see any other way to handle with this. all i wanted was to enjoy my life while im young and dont have to worry about these things i said before but i've spent my teen years being depressed as shit and doing nothing but cry and study. now i'll probably start working soon and going to college if i make it and i feel like i wasted the only phase of my life that i could have been happy.

ps: sorry i dont know if this is allowed here but i just wanted to say thank you to the person who left a message on my profile asking how i am. i read it but i couldn't answer i dont know why maybe theres some permissions lacking. you are a very nice person, hope you are well too.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, GreenMile, Peel_the_Banana and 4 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
HI! and WELCOME to a web site like no other. The finest folks with he most love and kindness are on here, hands down. GREAT having you with everyone here!!
Again, WELCOME!!
Walter

• Love
Reactions: thankgodfor
W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
Welcome to the forum. By the way, at 18, you are still a teenager. You stop being a teenager when you turn 20. Having said that, just because you reach a certain age doesn't mean that you have actually become an adult. The brain does not stop developing until you're 25. Having an arbitrary number assigned as the age of adulthood when the brain isn't at its peak is so silly. Don't feel burdened by it. Feel free to send me a private message if you'd ever like to talk. I'd be glad to. :)

• Love
Reactions: thankgodfor
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear you are suffering. Dreading the future can be an awful feeling and it is understandable how you feel. As humans there is expectations placed on us, and for many people working jobs they do not like can send them into despair. I wish you well.

• Love
Reactions: whywere
P

Peel_the_Banana

Good Bye
Aug 2, 2021
Sorry you are feeling this way. Being 18 can be a great age if you don't have the immediate burden of having to pay lots of bills.

What country do you live in?
Is it one where you can get educated and / or get a trade?

The cool thing about growing up now as opposed to your parents era is that there are many more options for career paths and independence from the hamster wheel of 9-5pm (work, eat, TV, sleep) routine.

Although covid has made things a bit more complicated there are still options to travel and create your own path by picking up odd jobs here and there. What are your skills, interests and / or hobbies?