S

somniummalum

Student
Jul 3, 2020
Do you ever just feel like numb inside?
To me it feels like life is passing by, but I'm not really taking part.

People around me seem different. I feel like an alien most of the time.

I don't know how to get out of this. Need to cry really bad, but the tears don't come.
I need to feel something, anything, just to know I'm still alive.
But my feelings seem to hide from me, wherever I go.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, BreakTheCycle, AtMostOkay and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, I feel like that a lot of the time, empty and devoid of emotion. In a way it is like I have already died. I cannot cry anymore. I feel disconnected from the world around me. I see emotions as painful, so I guess I would rather be like this in a way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Ramirez, Snake of Eden and 5 others
BreakTheCycle

BreakTheCycle

Life means suffering. Try to break the cycle.
Aug 6, 2021
Yeah it rly sucks starting to feel numb. I usually feel this way. From very little to nothing. It's something my brain developed to protect itself cause every time I feel it rly doesn't end well.
It's hard to keep friendships going like this, at least for me. I always feel like I wouldn't care about them cause in the back of my head I'm always thinking they betray me any second. And it's hard to keep track about time and life if you'r spending most of the time alone with no comparison from other people. Rly feels like everything stands still.
Feeling is such a big part of life, probably the biggest by far. It feels weird if it just "stops working". I usually cut myself when this occurs but I would recommend to not do the same self harm bullshit. even tho its nice to start feeling something again.

And I sadly can't help u with the crying part. I also tryd to cry after my relationship broke. I just couldn't. Didnt rly cry since childhood.

I hope it gets better for u. Maybe opening up here and chatting helps ?

• Hugs
Reactions: somniummalum, AtMostOkay and Dead Meat
S

somniummalum

Student
Jul 3, 2020
Yeah it rly sucks starting to feel numb. I usually feel this way. From very little to nothing. It's something my brain developed to protect itself cause every time I feel it rly doesn't end well.
It's hard to keep friendships going like this, at least for me. I always feel like I wouldn't care about them cause in the back of my head I'm always thinking they betray me any second. And it's hard to keep track about time and life if you'r spending most of the time alone with no comparison from other people. Rly feels like everything stands still.
Feeling is such a big part of life, probably the biggest by far. It feels weird if it just "stops working". I usually cut myself when this occurs but I would recommend to not do the same self harm bullshit. even tho its nice to start feeling something again.

And I sadly can't help u with the crying part. I also tryd to cry after my relationship broke. I just couldn't. Didnt rly cry since childhood.

I hope it gets better for u. Maybe opening up here and chatting helps ?
Venting here helps a bit yes, it realises some pressure.

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I only experience negative emotions such as guilt, regret, fear, pity, jealousy. I cant cry either as much as I would like to. I am ashamed of being the person that I am.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, FuneralCry and somniummalum
meetapple

meetapple

Mage
Jun 3, 2021
I am angry most of the time. Other times I primarily experience regret, shame, and envy.

Reactions: Snake of Eden
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I feel the same, im so disconnected from other people at this point.