Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
I grew up in a Muslim family. I was taught from an early age that suicide is a major sin that will result in eternal punishment from God in hell. Hell's attributes would be described to me as well. As a result, I have a very strong dread of hell. I desperately want to CTB to stop my pain, but I can't because of everything I've been taught about suicide. I don't want to wind up in a situation where I suffer much more because I'm trying to relieve all of my pain in the first place. What are your current thoughts on this ?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Venessolotic, tilsleepcomes, ryo the frog and 6 others
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
If there was a God and he allowed suffering on Earth then we probably wouldn't be able to understand his reasons anyway.
There probably isn't a hell for people that ctb. What about people that accidentally kill themselves or people that self-sacrifice to save others, do they go to hell too?
When we are born we are just babies, we have never signed any contract that said we would go to hell. We don't get a say in being born.

I'm not religious, so you would have to decide whether you think the teachings originated from man or God.
There's a saying that is sometimes used whenever an awkward question like why suffering exists gets asked "God works in mysterious ways."
It's another way to say we don't know. So if we don't know the answer to awkward questions, then the teachings are probably written by man and not a God.
God wouldn't allow us to be uncertain.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, Forever Sleep, Cheza_mus and 5 others
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
Al baqarah 2:54, check it out

I'm an ex muslim atheist, I don't believe all religious scripture anymore because the book has so many contradictions in it self

Reactions: Venessolotic, tilsleepcomes, eternalflame and 2 others
The_Flying_Fox

The_Flying_Fox

Jan 9, 2022
I'm not religious anymore, but I'm still a bit afraid of being punished in an afterlife for my suicide, like you. You could google 'near death experiences and suicide'; maybe you will find it a little bit reassuring (I do). Someone who interviewed a number of people who attempted suicide and had a near death experience, wrote that their near death experiences were very similar to those who had a near death experience due to another cause than attempted suicide. The only difference was that the people who had attempted suicide, didn't see the 'light' that the others reported. But apart from that, their near death experiences were just as peaceful as those of the others.

Here's a link: https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual...yson_-NDE-and-Attempted-Suicide-1981_nde4.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: Venessolotic, tilsleepcomes, ryo the frog and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There is no evidence that there is anything after this. I believe that when we die we cease to exist and that is it for us, we are gone. The idea that there is a hell after we die is a fictional concept. The only hell that we know exists is the one that we already live in. This life is hell as there is unlimited potential for suffering and there are so many horrible things that exist. Existence is torture and death is freedom from everything.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, pthnrdnojvsc, Ligottian and 3 others
T

toforigivelife

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2021
I'm not trying to encourage you to CTB but according to those who have come close to death and what are known as near death experiences have consistently reported that there is no hell.

No sense of being judged by a vengeful God, no place where you are condemned to.

A life review? Taking responsibility for your life? Yes. Eternal hell? No.

And, yes, this also applies to those who die by suicide.

I cannot imagine a deity or a God who would condemn a person who has an illness of the mind that caused them to end their life any more than God would condemn a person with a physical illness who decided to stop treatment and allow for the death process to take its course.

Like I said, I'm encouraging you to CBT.

I'm hoping that this takes a layer of torment off your mind so that you can consider your plans with a clearer mind.

I don't know how bad things are for you, and I respect a person's right to judge their quality of life and make their own decisions, but I hope that you can find health, answers and solutions.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, Judy Garland, Forever Sleep and 5 others
jimmy7754

jimmy7754

I just want to be myself again
Dec 15, 2021
I'm going to fly with baby Jesus regardless if I die by suicide or naturally.. baby Jesus loves me so much!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Venessolotic, Cheza_mus, Mary5689 and 1 other person
M

memoriesoflight

Jul 11, 2022
I think you want your pain to stop, but parents who use threats of eternal damnation to keep you alive rather than give you the tools you need to be happy are part of the problem.

While I don't know what's out there, I know that it isn't anything in any book men have written to control others, and if the universe is so unjust as to punish those who are looking for a way out of their suffering - and I don't think it is - then that end is probably assured one way or the other anyway. Which, again, I don't think is true.

If there is anything after this, then anywhere we go will have good company, because all manner of good people have gone before us in every way imaginable.

Reactions: Venessolotic, outrider567 and JealousOfTheElderly
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I sometimes wonder what would happen if God came down and said everyone is going to the same place of none existence regardless if they do bad or good.

Reactions: Venessolotic, JealousOfTheElderly, houseofleaves and 1 other person
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I was raised a Christian and was both Baptised and then Confirmed at the age of 15yrs, l have never been a regular church goer but l also find knowing that Suicide is a sin in the eye's of God is what has so far prevented me from eating a bullet as l want to be reunited with my 2 Staffies when l kick the bucket, l've also just filled in and sent off the application form to adopt another dog from the RSPCA!

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, Grav, Hercules and 1 other person
J

Job Joad

Jul 2, 2022
Well what if your suicide makes the world a better place and those in need can inherit your money, property and belongings? Why does God have to insist we must continue to live a painful, pointless existence?

Reactions: Venessolotic and Euthanza
At_The_End

At_The_End

Jun 7, 2021
I have 1000's of skydives under my belt. I have had several near death experiences during a bad jump. Every single one of them was very peaceful, non judgemental and somewhat comforting. I have no fear of the afterlife....in any manner.. Think of it this way... Would any loving parent not want the very very best for their child.... ? So, how could a loving God, if you believe in that, do anything other than welcome you into 'heaven', regardelss of how you got there... Would you turn away your child?

• Love
Reactions: Venessolotic, ShatteredSoul, Forever Sleep and 4 others
I

ISeeDarkness

Jul 10, 2022
I have 1000's of skydives under my belt. I have had several near death experiences during a bad jump. Every single one of them was very peaceful, non judgemental and somewhat comforting. I have no fear of the afterlife....in any manner.. Think of it this way... Would any loving parent not want the very very best for their child.... ? So, how could a loving God, if you believe in that, do anything other than welcome you into 'heaven', regardelss of how you got there... Would you turn away your child?
So you almost died skydiving, then did it again? Kinda funny, lol.

Reactions: Venessolotic
G

Graytaichi

Wizard
Feb 14, 2022
I grew up in a Muslim family. I was taught from an early age that suicide is a major sin that will result in eternal punishment from God in hell. Hell's attributes would be described to me as well. As a result, I have a very strong dread of hell. I desperately want to CTB to stop my pain, but I can't because of everything I've been taught about suicide. I don't want to wind up in a situation where I suffer much more because I'm trying to relieve all of my pain in the first place. What are your current thoughts on this ?
There is no hell. Or eternal burning. In bible, gennova is a place where fire doesnt stop burning.

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
My adoptive parents did so when l was just 17yrs old! So l walked into the Army Career's office passed the exam and signed the contract and was on the bus heading towards Colchester and basic training!

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i cant change your beliefs but i can tell you mine.
i personally believe everyone no matter what gets forgiven in the afterlife, that there is no need for hell because of this.

Reactions: tilsleepcomes
tilsleepcomes

tilsleepcomes

Willing to try anything.
Jul 23, 2021
Even though I walked away from religion, those thoughts of eternal torment creep in sometimes when I want to CTB, like WHAT IF there is some truth to it.

It is a horror to a child that they are told your loving parent-god will punish you forever and ever if you do one thing wrong, or think or believe wrong.

If a God is wise and merciful, and knows us inside and out, He will know we could not bear it anymore and forgive.

If He exists, is He not The Most Merciful?

Reactions: Why Me?
Againstthewind

Againstthewind

Victory
Jul 10, 2022
God created hell its called life.
Nah but seriously, if God is 'Omniscience', he/she (how do you not know god is a women?) would know the suffering you are going through, he would be upset maybe at the choice, but surely he would provide us with a platform to be at peace, HE/SHE created this world, so HE/SHE needs to do some clearing up because HIS/HER creation didn't exactly turn out the way HE/SHE intended did it? his 'MAN' did a number on his 'perfect' world.
People use part of the philosophy of religion to scare you into living to a particular set of rules to fit into the culture. Ignore there crap. We're all human beings and we deserve to be treated kindly in the good and bad. Wishing you peace.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenTree and tilsleepcomes
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I feel in a very similar situation to you. While I wasn't raised in a very strict religious family, I have family members who believe very strongly that suicides are punished in hell or purgatory.

I've done some research into religions- enough to make me think they are man-made. I once even saw a YouTube clip (can't seem to find it now...) with a lady explaining that life at one point was so unbearably harsh that people were killing themselves in order to free themselves to get to heaven. The 'suicides go to hell' doctrine was brought about to counteract this practice and keep the workforce intact. I don't think suicide has always been viewed as sinful.

That said, I find it so hard to not worry about such things. It's very difficult to shake off what has been ingrained from a young age. Hell is quite a big nagging thought to have afterall...

I've wondered though- if you contract an illness (by God's will presumably...) and refuse treatment- is that classed as suicide? You die of the illness surely?

Also have the problem that- yes- it's difficult to imagine a parental God figure punishing everyone right, left and centre for the smallest misconduct. It's very tempting to think of him/she/it being loving, supportive and forgiving of their flock. Yet- from what we actually know of the world- children born with dreadful diseases, people suffering horrific pain, nature itself can be pretty cruel- does that really point to God being nice?!! I do sincerely worry that if there is a God, it's kind of more likely he/she/it is a sadist!

Reactions: tilsleepcomes
whitefeather

whitefeather

Thank the gods for Death
Apr 23, 2020

Reactions: Why Me? and Judy Garland
Judy Garland

Judy Garland

HoHum
Mar 23, 2022
I'm not trying to encourage you to CTB but according to those who have come close to death and what are known as near death experiences have consistently reported that there is no hell.

No sense of being judged by a vengeful God, no place where you are condemned to.

A life review? Taking responsibility for your life? Yes. Eternal hell? No.

And, yes, this also applies to those who die by suicide.

I cannot imagine a deity or a God who would condemn a person who has an illness of the mind that caused them to end their life any more than God would condemn a person with a physical illness who decided to stop treatment and allow for the death process to take its course.

Like I said, I'm encouraging you to CBT.

I'm hoping that this takes a layer of torment off your mind so that you can consider your plans with a clearer mind.

I don't know how bad things are for you, and I respect a person's right to judge their quality of life and make their own decisions, but I hope that you can find health, answers and solutions.
You took a "layer of torment" off my mind, thank you.

• Love
Reactions: Venessolotic and toforigivelife
T

toforigivelife

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2021
You took a "layer of torment" off my mind, thank you.
I'm glad that I could at least do that for you.

People who have had NDEs have overwhelmingly reported that there is no hell. Even people in prison for murder have had positive NDEs and these experiences have helped them rediscover spirituality.

They report an indescribable feeling of unconditional love, an indescribable feeling of peace and a feeling of finally being home, their true home.

I have a hard time believing that an all-knowing, all-powerful, loving deity through us all into this world, saddled us with the ways of this world and, in our case, mental health issues and then sits back with his clipboard judging us.

And I cannot believe that this all-powerful, all-knowing, loving deity would judge someone for having a sickness of the mind any more than he would judge someone for having a sickness of the body.

I know that I'm making dying by suicide sound more enticing but, as I said, I'll respect your decision but continue to wish you health, peace, solutions and answers. For whatever that may be worth.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 31858, tilsleepcomes and Judy Garland
Judy Garland

Judy Garland

HoHum
Mar 23, 2022
I'm glad that I could at least do that for you.

People who have had NDEs have overwhelmingly reported that there is no hell. Even people in prison for murder have had positive NDEs and these experiences have helped them rediscover spirituality.

They report an indescribable feeling of unconditional love, an indescribable feeling of peace and a feeling of finally being home, their true home.

I have a hard time believing that an all-knowing, all-powerful, loving deity through us all into this world, saddled us with the ways of this world and, in our case, mental health issues and then sits back with his clipboard judging us.

And I cannot believe that this all-powerful, all-knowing, loving deity would judge someone for having a sickness of the mind any more than he would judge someone for having a sickness of the body.

I know that I'm making dying by suicide sound more enticing but, as I said, I'll respect your decision but continue to wish you health, peace, solutions and answers. For whatever that may be worth.
You have spoken words of truth. My beliefs are in an agreement with exactly what you're saying. Bravo! I can't wait to go Home.

• Love
Reactions: toforigivelife
T

toforigivelife

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2021
You have spoken words of truth. My beliefs are in an agreement with exactly what you're saying. Bravo! I can't wait to go Home.
I wish that your pain didn't put you in such a rush to go home. I wish things were better.

But if you feel you've thought this through and that this is the best decision for you then I wish you a peaceful journey on your way back home. ♥️

• Hugs
Reactions: Judy Garland