C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
Let's have a discussion about potentially fake SN Posts!
There have been a lot of posts lately that people are accusing of being fake.

This is usually because of exaggerated symptoms. How can these accounts be discussed?

We don't want to be disrespectful, so what's reasonable to believe here and what isn't? Should only verified reports be trusted? Verified, as in, members of the forum here have witnessed the event?

• Love
Reactions: warriorkot, restingplace, heavyeyes and 13 others
D

Dayrain

Arcanist
Feb 3, 2023
Should only verified reports be trusted? Verified, as in, members of the forum here have witnessed the event?
You mean unverified reports should be banned?

Last edited:
Reactions: Soph, feelinggloomy, fleetingnight and 1 other person
SonicFan1994

SonicFan1994

Jun 17, 2024
I think hes talking about the cat person profile pic.

Saw them in a thread yesterday "what would stop you from CTB" and they replied "a cure for my illness"
Then a day later saying they are doing SN and followed all the procedures yet still took them a hour to pass out.

Account was made on 9/11 , considering how long it took me to figure out everything i needed and no sources ship SN that fast.
So within a week they found all the info they needed? and got all the supplies within a week.... Allegedly

Idk if i believe it either. But what kind of sick person fakes a CTB thread for attention. Maybe a kid. Or maybe they already had SN? idk man

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: maneose, Nikitatos, warriorkot and 29 others
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
You mean unverified reports should be banned?
that would include most of the SN GBTs, as we cannot verify most cases. But rather this thread should include GBTs which appear to be suspicious, like the one we just recently had where a user was conscious for over an hour since they improperly executed their protocol (of which, we have no knowledge since they did not provide details) and possibly used low-quality SN (they may have ordered from a local Croatian marketplace). it also could just be fake, as journos and bad actors lurk this place and may want to turn off people from SN; we've already seen numerous people write off SN due to the thread I'm talking about. But out of respect for the user I do not want to say the latter is the case, and their word should be taken seriously until it's proven to be fake.

• Informative
Reactions: sadlittleman32, Soph, BrainShower and 11 others
C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
I don't think they should be banned, I just think we should be on our guard about this stuff.

• Informative
Reactions: BrainShower, heavyeyes, CatLvr and 5 others
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
I don't have much to contribute to the convo right now, but thank you sm for starting it♥️

Reactions: BrainShower, astr4, Plato'sCaveDweller and 1 other person
C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
I don't have much to contribute to the convo right now, but thank you sm for starting it♥️
Yw! It was pretty disrespectful to derail the GBP and this seems to happen frequently.

• Hugs
Reactions: fleetingnight, Soph, BrainShower and 3 others
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
I'm glad a separate thread was made. It should be an unspoken rule to not derail GBT's — even though I completely saw and understood why that one got a little out of pocket, there are def sus elements to it.

Reactions: BrainShower, sevennn, astr4 and 5 others
R

Reflection

Lost
Sep 12, 2024
Idk if i believe it either. But what kind of sick person fakes a CTB thread for attention. Maybe a kid. Or maybe they already had SN? idk man
Unfortunately there are a lot of people who like doing that kind of stuff for attention or to guilt trip people, or hell even to "be edgy" ; a lot of times there's simply no way to know if a user or goodbye thread is genuine or not.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nikitatos, Soph, EternalShore and 9 others
C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
I'm glad a separate thread was made. It should be an unspoken rule to not derail GBT's — even though I completely saw and understood why that one got a little out of pocket, there are def sus elements to it.
I even got ahead of myself on that one. But one doesn't really know and imagine if the account was real. If I were the dead person I would be mortified (of course I would not be aware but you get the picture)
Unfortunately there are a lot of people who like doing that kind of stuff for attention or to guilt trip people, or hell even to "be edgy" ; a lot of times there's simply no way to know if a user or goodbye thread is genuine or not.
I get the feeling there are also just people here who are targeting what is currently the most popular ctb method on this forum.
I get the feeling there are also just people here who are targeting what is currently the most popular ctb method on this forum.

Reactions: Soph, ETgirl, DrinkyCrow and 6 others
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
Personally I think it's just a part of a public forum. It's like going to a bar & meeting a "brain surgeon".
Who really knows.
I wouldn't doubt that some posters only want attention. I have to accept that as part of an open forum🌹💔

• Hugs
Reactions: Soph, EternalShore, sinivihrea and 8 others
T

Trav1989

Student
Jun 2, 2024
I think hes talking about the cat person profile pic.

Saw them in a thread yesterday "what would stop you from CTB" and they replied "a cure for my illness"
Then a day later saying they are doing SN and followed all the procedures yet still took them a hour to pass out.

Account was made on 9/11 , considering how long it took me to figure out everything i needed and no sources ship SN that fast.
So within a week they found all the info they needed? and got all the supplies within a week.... Allegedly

Yeah... I ordered SN 5 days before that account was created and I still have nearly a week to go before my SN arrives, so we are looking at about 2-3 weeks to receive SN no matter how you shake it.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore, zenirsar, nibbleone and 2 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
This^ 1000%!!! There's just no way of knowing unless, like the OP said, there's a witness, and even then, the witness could be in on it, too. The anti-choicers use multiple methods to dissuade people from ctb, including, I believe, creating bogus gbt, and then, after they "don't" die, reporting all kinds of negative experiences to scare people away from a method. And it works in many cases. I even think that they start bogus threads about bad tests on SN from a particular seller(s), in order to just create doubt and scare people. Rain knows that these people will stop at nothing! The only way to know if someone actually died is to connect a ctb with an actual obituary, and that's extremely rare to happen.

• Informative
Reactions: Nikitatos, Soph, DOHARDTHINGS24 and 7 others
maynoname

maynoname

Student
Aug 13, 2024
This^ 1000%!!! There's just no way of knowing unless, like the OP said, there's a witness, and even then, the witness could be in on it, too. The anti-choicers use multiple methods to dissuade people from ctb, including, I believe, creating bogus gbt, and then, after they "don't" die, reporting all kinds of negative experiences to scare people away from a method. And it works in many cases. I even think that they start bogus threads about bad tests on SN from a particular seller(s), in order to just create doubt and scare people. Rain knows that these people will stop at nothing! The only way to know if someone actually died is to connect a ctb with an actual obituary, and that's extremely rare to happen.
The risk of revealing your identity to someone is to see your attempt fail. It's a question of trust, but I think that's also why we can't link them to obituaries.

Reactions: CantDoIt
S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
Let's have a discussion about potentially fake SN Posts!
There have been a lot of posts lately that people are accusing of being fake.

This is usually because of exaggerated symptoms. How can these accounts be discussed?

We don't want to be disrespectful, so what's reasonable to believe here and what isn't? Should only verified reports be trusted? Verified, as in, members of the forum here have witnessed the event?

A witness? No one's gonna give af about finding a witness to prove anything Lol. That's the last thing they would care for. You can't trust anyone as a so called witness either. You'll probably attract a prolifer to scuff your plans. I imagine not many would volunteer as a witness either.. that's creepy af. Just make your best judgement and believe what you want.

Who's gonna go on SN patrol telling someone they need a witness to be officially verified?? Lol.

Reactions: sinivihrea, badtothebone, LuxVan and 1 other person
Kiiiishore

Kiiiishore

ಮಾನಸಿಕ ಅಸ್ವಸ್ಥ
Mar 2, 2024
I think we should trust those who post photos of their setups. However, while the majority of people are genuine, some may be doing this just for attention. Recently, I've noticed a lot of 'goodbye' threads, some coming from very new accounts

Reactions: SonicFan1994, CatLvr, nihilistic_dragon and 6 others
LuxVan

LuxVan

Tyrannical Ruler
Sep 16, 2024
I think we should trust those who post photos of their setups. However, while the majority of people are genuine, some may be doing this just for attention. Recently, I've noticed a lot of 'goodbye' threads, some coming from very new accounts
I'd advise anyone who does post photos of their set ups to please remember to remove EXIF data from the photo, as that can contain location data which can be used by prolifers to try to find you IRL to thwart your CTB attempt.

• Wow
Reactions: Nikitatos, sinivihrea, SonicFan1994 and 8 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's a very tricky subject. I'm sure you're right too. I suspect there will be a handful of people who pull this kind of stunt for attention or to try and dissuade people from using a method.

Still, it can also work in the opposite way. Imagine a genuine member genuinely attempting and it's not working out. I suspect they're terrified and they can't talk to anyone else, so they come here for support and get the third degree in questioning, plus people calling them out to be fake. I do remember this happening once... I think the consensus ended up being that they had been sent something other than SN but, it can't have felt great for the OP:

People can get extrememely defensive of SN in particular I've noticed. I can sort of understand it. It's my likely method too. It's unpleasant to think it could go wrong. Really, it would be better to actually know of failed attempts if we could be sure they were genuine. Including- why they likely failed. That's surely how protocols are formed- people collating data to see what the most successful attempts entailed. But, I don't know how we could differentiate genuine attempts from possibly fake threads.

I think there needs to be a balance between people genuinely trying to find out why an attempt may have failed- which I guess includes wondering whether it is a genuine post. Still- I don't think we can do that openly on a thread without insulting the OP- who could be genuine.

• Love
Reactions: Buffy, sinivihrea, opheliaoveragain and 8 others
Olek Messier 87

Olek Messier 87

Student
Sep 1, 2024
I also don't know what kind of person would do something like that, and I still hope that this testimony was fake, what I do know is that this post has discouraged me from doing GBP much more than from using SN.

Reactions: SonicFan1994, CatLvr, CantDoIt and 1 other person
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
looks like charlie confirmed it was likely a fake gbt, thank goodness.

• Informative
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, divinemistress36, CatLvr and 3 others
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
I'm very skeptical about any reports that mention vomiting despite following the protocols which impose strong restrictions on ingestion of liquids. Throwing up needs something to throw in the first place - this is just a matter of common sense, you don't have to be a professor of medicine in order to understand that the stomach can't obtain a substance out of nowhere for pushing it through the esophagus. If we assume that it could somehow throw miserable 50 - 100 ml of salty mixture once, further vomiting would not be possible without consuming more drinks. Sob stories about 7 episodes of vomiting with a nearly empty stomach are probably targeted to brain-dead people who'd never think how puking works.

I also believe that skeptical responses in such goodbye threads are well-justified. If the OP of a goodbye thread tells shocking stories about applying their method, this is no longer just a simple "goodbye" thread and the OP should be prepared to inconvenient questions, since many people here can make important decisions based on the provided information.

Although I'd still rather prefer gas asphyxiation or poisoning by highly toxic gases to SN, the more I read obvious fakes about nitrite poisoning, the more I'm inclined to think that it's not as bad as I initially thought about it.

• Hmph!
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, RABITIA, lnlybnny and 4 others
LifeQuitter

LifeQuitter

Student
Jul 11, 2024
The goodbye thread is now locked, and the moderator said they won't go into detail but have enough reason to believe it's a fake story. So this means the whole thing was probably made up, not just something wrong with the SN they were using. I don't know specifically, but maybe there's been multiple accounts from the same IP address, or messages being sent to other accounts during or after the attempt indicating what they were saying isn't true.

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, divinemistress36, lnlybnny and 4 others
O

OldWound

Rotten.
Aug 31, 2024
I knew something wasn't right with it. It's good the mod let us know they have reason to think it's fake. It's disgusting someone would fake something like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, SonicFan1994, opheliaoveragain and 2 others
yellowjester

yellowjester

Experienced
Jun 2, 2024
I'm very skeptical about any reports that mention vomiting despite following the protocols which impose strong restrictions on ingestion of liquids. Throwing up needs something to throw in the first place - this is just a matter of common sense, you don't have to be a professor of medicine in order to understand that the stomach can't obtain a substance out of nowhere for pushing it through the esophagus. If we assume that it could somehow throw miserable 50 - 100 ml of salty mixture once, further vomiting would not be possible without consuming more drinks. Sob stories about 7 episodes of vomiting with a nearly empty stomach are probably targeted to brain-dead people who'd never think how puking works.

I also believe that skeptical responses in such goodbye threads are well-justified. If the OP of a goodbye thread tells shocking stories about applying their method, this is no longer just a simple "goodbye" thread and the OP should be prepared to inconvenient questions, since many people here can make important decisions based on the provided information.

Although I'd still rather prefer gas asphyxiation or poisoning by highly toxic gases to SN, the more I read obvious fakes about nitrite poisoning, the more I'm inclined to think that it's not as bad as I initially thought about it.
Yeah, that's my position too. People are so afraid of suffering when they die that they will throw all common sense out of the window. My advice: don't read any SN posts on here. Read the PPH, all the information you need is in there. All the cases they observed were sucessful, and no prolonged suffering before dying has been reported. Yes, SN isn't a 100,00 % method, but all the risks can be accounted for and mitigated. It's not a coin toss wether you fail or succeed. Don't make things more complicated than they are.

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, cowboypants, nasigoreng99 and 5 others
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022

There is always gastric juice in the stomach.
As a child, I was dehydrated due to climate change when I went on vacation to a warm place.
Because of this, at first I vomited food, and the next day I vomited with an empty stomach. It's gastric juice.

• Informative
Reactions: RABITIA, doctordetritus, Soph and 6 others
AllTheseQuestions

AllTheseQuestions

Sep 19, 2024

I understand where you are coming from, but for balance I have spent a whole evening puking up bile before when there was nothing in my stomach. It still felt like I was vomiting and that's how I'd probably describe it if I was narrating on a forum at the time, though next to nothing was coming up.

I read that thread yesterday too, and by the time I got to the second update alarm bells were certainly ringing.

The only thing I would say, is that plenty of people will create Goodbye threads and be 100% genuine. These people have felt alone for large parts of their life, it would be a tragedy to make them feel alone in their final moments too.
I think it's better not to comment on a goodbye thread if one is going to express doubt on the legitimacy.

• Informative
Reactions: RABITIA, doctordetritus, Soph and 3 others
T

tarjebie

Jul 4, 2024
Yeah, that's my position too. People are so afraid of suffering when they die that they will throw all common sense out of the window. My advice: don't read any SN posts on here. Read the PPH, all the information you need is in there. All the cases they observed were sucessful, and no prolonged suffering before dying has been reported. Yes, SN isn't a 100,00 % method, but all the risks can be accounted for and mitigated. It's not a coin toss wether you fail or succeed. Don't make things more complicated than they are.
Thanks for this. I got scared to use SN from some of the posts on here. Yeah, the pph is more comforting.

Reactions: Soph, opheliaoveragain and yellowjester
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
There is always gastric juice in the stomach.
The normal volume of the stomach fluid is 20 to 100 mL according to

If you add nearly 60 ml of salty mixture to this, pushing such small amounts of fluid out the stomach should still be difficult at least. This would require strong contractions. Perhaps, the stomach could accumulate more juice to allow vomiting, but this process would need quite a lot of time, so I hardly believe in the possibility of 7 puke-shots per hour without taking drinks in between.

Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
The normal volume of the stomach fluid is 20 to 100 mL according to

If you add nearly 60 ml of salty mixture to this, pushing such small amounts of fluid out the stomach should still be difficult at least. This would require strong contractions. Perhaps, the stomach could accumulate more juice to allow vomiting, but this process would need quite a lot of time, so I hardly believe in the possibility of 7 puke-shots per hour without taking drinks in between.
Well, I hope the truth is on your side, because I get very nervous when I read about nitrite hurting someone or that someone was suffocating.

Reactions: Soph and CantDoIt