persef

persef

Jun 16, 2024
Do you know of any cases of carbon monoxide explosions? I will burn 5kg of coal in a small bathroom and seal it. Because I'm afraid to use a little coal and survive. I heard that carbon monoxide can cause an explosion. I'm afraid that when they get home and turn on the bathroom light there will be an explosion.

Do you think that in my situation an explosion could occur when burning a light or a matchstick?

**The bathroom is sealed for around 10 or 12 hours with high doses of carbon monoxide, before anyone arrives.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sad & Empty girl and ClownWorld2023
R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
Well, in industry they use combustion to control excess CO for m a process because CO can react with oxygen to form CO2. It all depends on the concentration of CO. It's been a while since taking a combustion course but the level of CO needs to be above the lower explosive limit. I think low levels of CO are enough to cause health issues but not enough to combust in the atmosphere. Try googling CO LEL to get more info. It's been too long since I looked at my combustion course notes.

Reactions: persef
Upvote 0