platypusfan

platypusfan

Jun 29, 2023
I thought this would be an interesting thread. For me, my username is simple, I think platypus are cool. They are very odd and cute animals. My profile picture is punpun from goodnight punpun, my favorite manga. It holds a special place in my heart and I could probably talk about it for hours.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: AmIForReal, SocialSoil, revontulet and 17 others
azhagaar

azhagaar

Love Today, and seize All Tomorrows
Jul 9, 2023
I love Good-night Punpun.
Azhagaar is the name of one of my OCs, he's kind of a self-insert, like an alternate universe version of me. When I was in sophomore year of high school, I used to wear a Howie-style lab coat every day, so Mister Azhagaar is me if I had continued that for the rest of my high school career and if I was more of a jerk to everyone.
My PFP is Starlight Glimmer. MLP is fun for me and I don't care if I look like a small child when I watch the show.

Reactions: tera_forest, AvoidingMyself, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
GreyCTB

GreyCTB

Student
Aug 26, 2022
I chose my profile picture because I like to imagine I'll have eternal bliss after I CTB and this picture is the best way I can express it. No more stressing, worrying or suffering. Peace at last.

• Love
Reactions: Eternal Eyes, sane, Unicr0n and 9 others
!MIA!

!MIA!

Jul 10, 2023
I have an m name, so my user is [my name] in action, or simply MIA- missing in action. My pfp is Homura Akemi, quite a repeat around this site. Modoka Magica was one of the first animes that spoke to me, and showed me that I wasn't alone in my feelings ♡

• Love
Reactions: adrestia, tera_forest, AvoidingMyself and 3 others
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
Sad cat. Found it on a furry meme on r/furry_irl, works well as a sticker on whatsapp, and fits my mood often when I'm here. Also, I like cats (have three of them!)

Oxo comes from longer username I used on Runescape, and my clanmates called me Oxo. It's short and sweet. I like it.

Reactions: tera_forest, AvoidingMyself, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
My username is named after Funeral Cry by Dark Sanctuary which is my favourite piece of music, the lyrics are about wishing for death. And I chose that profile picture as I see myself in it.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: LifeQuitter, moshimoshi, tera_forest and 5 others
J

josephk

Jun 19, 2023
Joseph K is the protagonist from Franz Kafkas "The Trial"

• Love
Reactions: daocreator, tera_forest, rationaltake and 6 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
My username and avatar text are in Latin language and they describe exactly my opinion.

Praestat mori, quam haec pati. = It's better to die than to suffer this.

This quote is attributed to Cicero.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: LifeQuitter, moshimoshi, tera_forest and 5 others
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
My username is a reference to the quote in my signature, which is from Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar, her semi-autobiographical novel whose nineteen-year-old protagonist devolves into depression and attempts suicide. I recommend it greatly— there's no fictional character I've related to more.

My profile picture is from one of my favourite movies, The Truman Show. The picture is from the ending, where Truman, after realising the shallowness and superficiality of his world (which is only a television set), is about to exit it— to escape. The relevance is obvious. I also like the visual symbolism of Truman standing in front of the dark doorway, in the middle of the painted sky, just about to exit. In a sense, it feels like that's where I'm at right now.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: LifeQuitter, null_blank, tera_forest and 5 others
dogtired

dogtired

Jul 3, 2023
My username is a reference to the quote in my signature, which is from Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar, her semi-autobiographical novel whose nineteen-year-old protagonist devolves into depression and attempts suicide. I recommend it greatly— there's no fictional character I've related to more.

My profile picture is from one of my favourite movies, The Truman Show. The picture is from the ending, where Truman, after realising the shallowness and superficiality of his world (which is only a television set), is about to exit it— to escape. The relevance is obvious. I also like the visual symbolism of Truman standing in front of the dark doorway, in the middle of the painted sky, just about to exit. In a sense, it feels like that's where I'm at right now.
Eyy cool profile pic, great minds think alike :) I just got a tattoo of the exit scene from the truman show last week actually

---

My username is a reference to having ME, also called chronic fatigue syndrome, which is my reason for being suicidal. Dog-tired ofc means extremely tired and also references my love of dogs (my dog is the main thing keeping me going rn)

My profile picture is from the Truman Show just like jar-baby's and has a similar meaning to me as what they've described - Truman choosing to escape his "reality" and enter the unknown. It also kind of references solipsism, the idea that nothing outside your own mind is real, which is a thought that's interested me from a very young age and helps me to justify killing myself when I hesitate because of the effect it would have on people around me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: reiII, tera_forest, rationaltake and 5 others
BruceWayne

BruceWayne

Jun 29, 2023
my profile pic is king from tekken 3, which reminds me of the best time of my life as a youngster playing my playstation 1 in the summer nights.

also the drip is immaculate

• Love
Reactions: moshimoshi, tera_forest, AvoidingMyself and 2 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
My name suggests that any glimmer of magic that was in my life is now gone. My profile picture describes my lonely looming shadow trying to reach any sliver of light that I may find along the way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Unicr0n, Celerity, tera_forest and 4 others
mooglepies

mooglepies

Feb 17, 2023
I stole my username from a guy I played CS:S with a million years ago and I guess it's a Final Fantasy reference, but I have no idea if that's actually the case. My username is from Hello Kitty Supercute Adventures, I just think pompompurin makes for really great user icons. I think it appeals to me because I love cute characters that look really aloof and indifferent but also, I think it's just a nice image. I always like having pfps of characters with sunglasses on.

tramaj

tramaj

God's punching bag
Jul 8, 2023
Tramai means "tool" in my local dialect and it's a nickname that my grandpa gave to me (he also misspronounced tramai in tramaj). My profile picture is a frame from the jojo's torture dance. I decided to use it because i like the colours, nothing more special than that.

Reactions: tera_forest, Praestat_Mori and platypusfan
CrestfallenMima

CrestfallenMima

Staring into the abyss
Dec 28, 2021
Crestfallen means sad and sounds cool, Mima means dove and sounds cool.

My profile picture is Lenny from the TV show Legion, she dies in the first episode and her consciousness falls under the control of the shadow king. Feeling like she's doomed to be the servant of the shadow king for all of eternity she tries to kill herself in multiple different ways to no avail.

Shaylla1998

Shaylla1998

Jul 9, 2023
The name I've chosen for my profile combines my name and birth year.
Meanwhile, my profile picture represents myself.

• Love
Reactions: moshimoshi, Praestat_Mori, AvoidingMyself and 1 other person
angel31

angel31

sause
Jun 14, 2023
ok i hope u know chop suey by system of a down… well: i cry when angels deserve to die… i guess that explains it all lol <3

• Love
Reactions: yaldabaoth, Praestat_Mori, AvoidingMyself and 1 other person
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
My picture is just an image i found on google. It has no specific meaning, i just use it for everything because i dont have anything else that i would consider as a profile picture.

My name however, is not random. it means stupid penguin "アホペンギン" is pronounced as aho (アホ) pengin (ペンギン) aho means stupid and pengin means penguin, a name that i have been known as and called for years. i added stupid into my name because my dad and my siblings called me stupid almost daily for years and now i truly believe that i am stupid, the fact has stuck with me.

• Hugs
Reactions: moshimoshi, reiII, rationaltake and 3 others
Torabol

Torabol

Student
Apr 15, 2023
Means nothing, just a bunch of nonsense.

Reactions: LifeQuitter, 4am, sppplmgwiwlkiwbtft and 4 others
Touhou

Touhou

2hu
Mar 9, 2023
I love Touhou & I love Remi.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: staplestable, Praestat_Mori, PyramidHead and 2 others
NoLongerHuman.

NoLongerHuman.

Disqualified as a human being
Apr 30, 2023
My profile picture is a depiction of a character from my username, my username is a book (No Longer Human.) . I actually recommend the book honestly. It made me look over life. The book was written by someone who was suicidal and attempted many times. The book itself was written like a huge suicide note. Its such a great read, despite it being so dark. (sorry for the random tangent)

• Love
Reactions: moshimoshi, sppplmgwiwlkiwbtft, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
cyanlove

cyanlove

looking for my other half (of my skull)
Dec 23, 2021
My profile picture is easy: that's what I think I look like.

My username is cyanlove because cyan means blue. Blue means sad but cyan is a fun color. And love because I have a lot of love for life, just not my own life.

Reactions: rationaltake, Praestat_Mori, platypusfan and 1 other person
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
My username is from Solomon Kane. He seemed like he could handle any magical situation.

The second part "Kado" is a Japanese tradition of arranging beautiful flowers in vessels to enjoy.

The profile picture is a plastic bunch of skeleton bones that my two kids and I turned into a wind chime for Halloween. We painted it in the Sugar skull" way. It is so amazing. I was really big in making the children do fun projects. Tried to get them to make seasonal decorations instead of buying theM.

• Hugs
Reactions: moshimoshi, rationaltake, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
TheDyingSolarSystem

TheDyingSolarSystem

Jul 11, 2023
I have my username because I really like space, and I thought it honestly sounded cool.

My pfp is of a Black Hole, They look super cool lol.

Reactions: Unicr0n, cyanlove, rationaltake and 2 others
PyramidHead

PyramidHead

Apr 27, 2023
Silent Hill 2 is the one game that resonated with me the most, also one of the first games I ever played. Pyramid Head is a secondary antagonist in SH2.

Reactions: reiII, platypusfan and Praestat_Mori
Dead Horse

Dead Horse

Hopeless, but literally
Nov 14, 2018
My profile pic is Edgar Alan Poe. I can relate to his depressive dark way of thinking. His poem "Alone" really resonates with me.

My idea for my username comes from the movie "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?", the main idea of which is something like "if they shoot sick or wounded horses to end their suffering, why not do the same with people"? "Dead Horse" means that if I was a horse, I would already be dead, lol.

Reactions: bleeding_heart_show, rationaltake, platypusfan and 2 others
IIDARKIISHIKARI

IIDARKIISHIKARI

Jul 8, 2023
Shikari is from my favorite band and the pfp is Tokyo Ghoul mainly because I was too lazy to find a more interesting one that fit

Reactions: platypusfan and Praestat_Mori
synthcadia

synthcadia

dissociated angel.
Jul 8, 2023
for me i love madoka kaname, puella magi madoka magica is my favorite anime. also fits me well bc i'm gay lol. i have 3 madoka figurines. if you haven't watched the anime, please do it.

the anime is a good summary of my life, and how it is a rollercoaster.

• Hugs
Reactions: moshimoshi, platypusfan and Praestat_Mori
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Username is the horse of Don Quixote
Profile picture is Gyro Zeppeli from JJBA

Professor K

Professor K

your eyes vacant and stained
Feb 9, 2023
my pfp is just a random image of the vocaloid Len Kagamine i have on my computer and kumographic is inspired by my usual username on other forums or social media which is slightly different but i didnt want to use the same name and pfp on here so i wouldnt be found or recognize and hospitalised which is totally irrationnal but ive been so fed up with hospitalizations i get paranoid easily.