• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

catgirl4lifes

catgirl4lifes

catboygirl
Oct 15, 2023
i just would love to know your experience with suicide idation and what are some of your coping mechanisms when it comes to this. no judgement here. i just wish to see more from others perspective anf how you manage to go through difficult stuff

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Praestat_Mori and Lonelyhotcake
Lonelyhotcake

Lonelyhotcake

(I speak spanish).
Mar 16, 2023
I had it in 2022, the whole year. It sucks... it was a constant: I want to die... I do nothing.

I had self control (I guess)... When I wanted to hurt me, I forced myself to NOT doing it at all....
For example... I want to grab a knife --- I stay in bed.

It doesn't help at all with the problem, but at least I'm alive.

• Hugs
Reactions: Aloneandinpain, catgirl4lifes and Praestat_Mori
lost_ange2211

lost_ange2211

An angel who wants to go home..
May 29, 2024
Back in the days when i had more hope i tried to work against those suicide thoughts. I practice my mindfulness and mindful meditations. I went outside for walks, did some exercising (keeping your body fit helps with getting better), went to therapy (talked about my thoughts, emotions) and tried my best to hold onto the good there is and to not lose hope.

Well nowadays i just try to stay distracted, to consume (multiple) media (at once) and whatever to be distracted from it, to not have to deal with it. Which is pretty much a lie as they come back as soon as i have nothing to distract myself with.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Lonelyhotcake, catgirl4lifes and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I was very suicidal for most of last year bc of external circumstances that are causing my suicidal ideation. It's the logic consequence to prevent myself from further suffering. I did not fight the thoughts at all - I just could not go through with my plan and CTB for various reasons.

Reactions: thenamingofcats, ForgottenAgain and catgirl4lifes
DolerDolerDoler

DolerDolerDoler

Jun 4, 2024
I cope in that I have no access to an option I can accept using, so in the time frame between me getting the means to ctb, that I would just be open to finding a reason to keep going.

F

feelinggloomy

Student
May 29, 2024
It's hard. My suicidal thoughts manifested when my son CTB. Since then they have been pretty constant. I keep busy and I work. When I'm quiet it's worse. I also research CTB which oddly calms me down. Feels like I'm being proactive and it helps normalize it for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
lamargue

lamargue

pugilist
Jun 5, 2024
I still have them. I just treat them as passing states. They go away sometimes.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
terra.nuvo

terra.nuvo

Student
Feb 15, 2024
I've been dealing with suicidal ideation for the past 2 years and really my biggest coping mechanism right now is scrolling through SaSu. I know it sounds weird but just reading the stories of people who are similar to me and feel similarly to me helps me feel better about my situation; although, it's probably not good for my mental health in the long run. I also like to talk out my issues with someone I trust. Or just be near someone I trust. It helps to make me feel safe and like I have somewhere to go when I feel down or like the thoughts are getting too strong. Lastly, I find artistic expression helps to alleviate some of the stress from suicidal thoughts a bit. For me it's usually making songs or writing poems and stories.