• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

color_me_gone

color_me_gone

Sun is rising
Dec 27, 2018
Does anyone know how pure Helium must be to be viable?
All those percentages would be fine.
I would be wary of the balloon helium being 99%, as there is no reason for it to be that pure.
They switched to about 80% He, 20% atmosphere to prevent ctb.
Many have not remembered to change the figures on their spec sheet.
And what about Nitrogen? I'm considering to just switch to nitrogen,
Nitrogen would be a smart move.
Since atmosphere is something like 78% nitrogen, the difference wouldn't be noticable.
The densities of Argon, Nitrogen and atmosphere are very close, making the flow meter settings not so important.
Helium is much lighter, causing flow meter accuracy problems.
Helium is currently scarce, causing a significant cost increase.
Again, If these percentage figures are accurate, then all of them should be good enough?
Yes :hug::heart:

Reactions: Elzar
thegoldengirls

thegoldengirls

Student
Feb 10, 2024
To make the bag less claustrophobic, I purchased dust masks from the dollar store. It helps a great deal.
During my practice run, I was able to keep the bag on, and even when I saw my oxygen level drop to 89 I did not panick. It may not seem like much, but for me, that's a big feat. The dust mask prevents the bag from touching my face when I inhale.
And as proven with my oxygen level dropping, it doesn't affect the consumption of the Nitrogen.

Last edited:
alexlynn74

alexlynn74

Mar 20, 2024
My experience was that I soon began to feel tingling in my hands, as if they were falling asleep. A short moment later I began to get dizzy, and my vision went grey around the edges. Each of the three times I have attempted this method, that's as far as I got before I flinched and removed the bag.

I did not experience any pain whatsoever, and no real discomfort aside from the mild tingling in my hands.

I do not believe I have suffered any ill effects from three aborted attempts. I had a bit of a cough for a couple days after my third attempt, but I can't say for sure whether that was attributable to the N2. It concerns me only in that this method demands that you be able to breathe freely in order for it to be effective, and I don't want to have ruined my chances to use it later, when I have summoned my courage.

My greatest difficulty is that I have been very stressed during my attempts, and could not keep my breathing steady and deep. This undoubtedly lengthened the amount of time it should have taken for me to black out.

In the stress of the situation, I experienced time dilation —in other words, I can't tell you how long it took for me to feel dizzy; it might have been five seconds, it might have been a minute and a half. It wasn't very long —but it was long enough for me to flinch.

From my experience, this is as painless, comfortable, and potentially peaceful a way to ctb as it is rumored to be. The only drawbacks that I can see are that it requires a lot of equipment —cylinder, regulator, hose, bag— and that there is a surprising amount of time for your survival instinct to kick in, or for second thoughts.

As I wrote at the beginning, I hope other forum members can fill in some of the blanks I have left —specifically, I have seen a lot of questions about tank sizes outside the US that I cannot answer.

I don't wish anyone good luck at catching the bus. I wish we could all find our way to a joyous and satisfying life that would make death an unfortunate reality rather than a longed-for relief. But all of us here know that the Fates aren't always that kind, and so I wish you all the most peaceful relief from your pain that you can find, and if that peace is brought by Death, I hope Death comes gently.
I tried this but still felt like I was suffocating, do you think the N method just doesn't work for some, I tested and my nitrogen is 99.8-99.9% pure and I got rid of all the air in my lungs and the bag prior

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
Sorry if this had already been asked, but since nitrogen tanks hold a massive volume of gas, couldn't you just do something like sit in your car and crack the valve on it?
A typical welding tank holds like 150 cubic feet of gas, and that is way bigger than the interior of a car. so shouldn't the gas displace all the air in there? or am i missing something?
thanks

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
Sorry if this had already been asked, but since nitrogen tanks hold a massive volume of gas, couldn't you just do something like sit in your car and crack the valve on it?
A typical welding tank holds like 150 cubic feet of gas, and that is way bigger than the interior of a car. so shouldn't the gas displace all the air in there? or am i missing something?
thanks
I actually answered this very question a few days ago in this very tread, but sure it's possible. The main problem is getting all the existing air out the car, if you would start with a vacuum it would be just a matter up filling the cabin up with nitrogen. But replacing the air or pushing it out the car to successfully lower the oxygen atmosphere to 1-2% inside would require huge amounts. We would have to calculate how long it would take to push out the oxygen to even guess the amounts of nitrogen. You would probably succeed losing consciousness but lower the atmosphere so low to predictably ctb I'm not sure.

They have been accidents were people die from gas leaks from nitrogen, but doing it with predictable results require more researched method. We don't want to be found with an empty gas cylinder inside a car with brain damage, remember as soon the nitrogen is empty regular air starts flowing supporting life.

Argon or any inert gas is not poisonous, it simply replaces the oxygen depriving you from vital components for you to survive. To use a car you would have to replace all the air inside the car and keep it out for at least 20 min to ensure ctb.

A compact car have approximately the volume of 2800 liters of air, you would need to replace all that air very quickly and successfully replace it since the car isn't airtight to make this work. Since argon is a heavy gas it will form at bottom and up in car making it even harder since the head is near the ceiling of the car. It could work but you would need ridiculous amount of inert gas to pull it off.

There is a reason the bag or scuba/hood is used, to minimize the environment you breathe from making it quicker to replace the oxygen and using way less gas.

Reactions: ham and potatoes
M

msnirvana

Mar 22, 2023
Actually, it kind of *is* this complicated, especially when you're explaining a lot of different things to people. I thank you, Tired Horse, for doing this. For folks willing to read it and follow along I think it's helpful. Would be awesome if we could add some pictures to the thread. This is my method and this confirms everything I have purchased and done. It didn't seem that complicated, but for people who don't normally buy inert gases, it is nice to know what to say and what is expected when we ask for something. There have also been TONS of questions on here back and forth about laying down, sitting up, mask, bag, no bag, elastic tight, too tight, not tight enough, etc. This is good work, imo.
Also adding that for me, I plan to ctb in my car in a slightly reclining position with my seatbelt on, with the tank in the seat next to me also seat belted in. Like we're going on a little drive to neverland....
I agree with everything you just said and that sounds exactly like i was gonna do it just drive to a peaceful remote location where i wont be disturbed and in the comfort of my warm car, where as I don't live alone i cant do it at home.

S

softflyte

Apr 1, 2024
Hey, I've tried the exit bag with argon. About 30 seconds in I started feeling like I was suffocating, which is obviously not what is supposed to happen. Trying to figure out what's wrong. The bag was fully inflated. Reading about suicide bag on wiki it says this won't work because it's heavier than air and will just fall out the bottom, but I thought it would still work, as long as there was a steady flow of gas into the bag. I'm thinking that co2 is not purging cas it's lighter. Would it be a terrible idea to go very snug around the neck, and put a small hole(small enough that it would still stay inflated)in the top of the bag so co2 can exit that way? Since argon being heavier wants to settle low.

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Hey, I've tried the exit bag with argon. About 30 seconds in I started feeling like I was suffocating, which is obviously not what is supposed to happen. Trying to figure out what's wrong. The bag was fully inflated. Reading about suicide bag on wiki it says this won't work because it's heavier than air and will just fall out the bottom, but I thought it would still work, as long as there was a steady flow of gas into the bag. I'm thinking that co2 is not purging cas it's lighter. Would it be a terrible idea to go very snug around the neck, and put a small hole(small enough that it would still stay inflated)in the top of the bag so co2 can exit that way? Since argon being heavier wants to settle low.
Was your regulator set to 25 litres per minute (LPM)?

Argon should be set to 25 LPM.
Also, from what a couple of others said recently with nitrogen and the exit bag, nitrogen and helium should probably be set to 25 LPM also.

In the past on here there was some disagreement about whether 15lpm was a high enough gas flow with an exit bag or hood.
Derek Humphry, who wrote Final Exit, recommended 20 LPM. Others here agreed with him.
In the Final Exit 2020 Derek Humphry says: "For the nitrogen method set the nitrogen regulator outlet gauge at 20 liters per minute (LPM)"

This is my point. It can't be a mistake to use more L/m for more flow, better than too low flow, which can end in a desaster. More flow = less CO2 and more positive pressure in the bag/helmet.

I would never use a flow smaller than 20 L/m.

S

softflyte

Apr 1, 2024
Yeah, it was actually a little higher. Has anyone succeeded with argon? I'm starting to think it's just the wrong gas, but I don't know.

N

needout

Mar 3, 2024
Any thoughts on eating or not eating before hand,anyone felt nauseous during it,is an empty stomach better to help with the possibility of being sick inside the hood from nerves or the gas making you feel wosey.?

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
Any thoughts on eating or not eating before hand,anyone felt nauseous during it,is an empty stomach better to help with the possibility of being sick inside the hood from nerves or the gas making you feel wosey.?

inert gases can make you sick and feel queasy after long exposure, nitrogen and helium less and argon and other inert gases more. But since it happens so quickly (if doing it correctly) you will not have time to become sick and other effects will become more prominent like shortness of breath and increased hearth rate.

Onomatopoeia suggested not eating any sugars to lower the co2 byproduct you exhale combined with hyperventilating to minimize the feeling of being suffocated, this is more important with methods that don't vent the co2 like exit bag.

Nitschke says that you need to be able to breath deeply. You exhale completely to empty your lungs and hold your breath. You have to be able to hold for breath for at least a minute to get in his nitrogen chambers (or put the SCUBA mask on). You get in the chamber, press a button, and inhale deeply after you've been holding your breath for a minute. There will be little to no carbon dioxide exhaled because CO2 is not a byproduct of nitrogen. It's a byproduct of oxygen and sugar.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND not to eat any sugar or sugary foods at least 48-72 hours before you CTB via SCUBA and nitrogen. If you get the mask on exactly right after exhaling and holding your breath, there will be virtually zero CO2 inside the mask. CO2 is what causes the suffocation effect, the pain if you will.

Inert gas methods all come down to lung capacity and health. If you cannot breath deeply and hold your breath because you have some sort of lung disorder or you smoke cigarettes, then this option is bad for suicide. Nitschke also says that in his nitrogen pods, people feel euphoria before losing consciousness in an environment with 100% nitrogen.

limeoctave

limeoctave

welcome home old friend, how was your life?
Mar 24, 2024
Onomatopoeia suggested not eating any sugars to lower the co2 byproduct you exhale combined with hyperventilating to minimize the feeling of being suffocated, this is more important with methods that don't vent the co2 like exit bag.
Is it scientifically proven? Have they cited any facts, any scientific studies to prove it? Are there people here with sufficient competence who can confirm it?

It just sounds strange to me. First of all, what kind of blood sugar are we talking about? Is it glucose? Glucose can come from more than just carbohydrates (sugars as they mentioned). Also, carbon dioxide is produced in the body by the metabolism of cells and organs, and I'm not sure that reducing sugar intake would affect that, but that's just my guess

I'm not arguing with you, I know you just quoted what they said

I'm not talking about hyperventilation only about sugar and co2

Last edited:
Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
Is it scientifically proven? Have they cited any facts, any scientific studies to prove it? Are there people here with sufficient competence who can confirm it?

It just sounds strange to me. First of all, what kind of blood sugar are we talking about? Is it glucose? Glucose can come from more than just carbohydrates (sugars as they mentioned). Also, carbon dioxide is produced in the body by the metabolism of cells and organs, and I'm not sure that reducing sugar intake would affect that, but that's just my guess

She linked an article under the quote I posted, but i did not really understand or connect how a lower sugar intake would lower the exhaled co2. I been searching for any more evidence but it's quite scarce, either it's not a well researched effect or there is no correlation. I found a study that showed increased co2 levels in diabetics, so it may have some impact? You seem more knowledgeable about medical science than I am.

Either way I can't say it matters in a significant way, co2 will always be exhaled and its effect is most prominent with exit bags since it has no exhaled valves.

• Informative
Reactions: limeoctave
limeoctave

limeoctave

Mar 24, 2024
She linked an article under the quote I posted, but i did not really understand or connect how a lower sugar intake would lower the exhaled co2. I been searching for any more evidence but it's quite scarce, either it's not a well researched effect or there is no correlation. I found a study that showed increased co2 levels in diabetics, so it may have some impact? You seem more knowledgeable about medical science than I am.

Either way I can't say it matters in a significant way, co2 will always be exhaled and its effect is most prominent with exit bags since it has no exhaled valves.
Thanks for the reply

I also could not understand if there is a significant correlation and is it correlated with sugar or carbohydrates in general, but I have not delved deeply into this topic
btw this article is about carbon monoxide and not carbon dioxide

The quote from the article that she linked:
"The carbon we breathe out as carbon dioxide comes from the carbon in the food we eat. The carbohydrates, fat and proteins we consume and digest are eventually converted by a number of different biochemical pathways in the body to glucose (C6H12O6). The glucose molecule is then combined with oxygen in the cells of the body in a chemical reaction called "cellular oxidation". This chemical reaction is exothermic, that is, it produces the chemical energy that is needed to drive all the other chemical reactions and functions of a cell. The end products of oxidation of glucose are carbon dioxide and water. The carbon dioxide is dissolved in the blood, carried to the lungs by the circulation, and breathed out."

There are no words in the article that say that lowering sugar intake will lead to lowering exhaled carbon dioxide. I don't know why and from what she managed to draw this conclusion

Last edited:
Reactions: outrider567
Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
There are no words in the article that say that lowering sugar intake will lead to lowering exhaled carbon dioxide. I don't know why and from what she managed to draw this conclusion

Then we can probably dismiss this claim or downplay its significants to overcome SI. Unfortunate since exit bag users has reportedly having problem with rising co2 levels making them abort due to feelings of suffocation.

On a positive note we can have a last meal filled with sweets without feeling guilty.

Thank you for your critical thinking, enable us to learn more.

• Love
Elzar

Elzar

Feb 11, 2024
All those percentages would be fine.
I would be wary of the balloon helium being 99%, as there is no reason for it to be that pure.
They switched to about 80% He, 20% atmosphere to prevent ctb.
Many have not remembered to change the figures on their spec sheet.

Thank you. Yeah I don't trust the Balloon Helium either. Since they do actually fill it up themselves, from what I understand, even that should most likely be fine, but yes it's not worth the risk.
I wonder what the "purity threshold" for these methods is.
I mean 99% and up should be no problem, 80% would definitely not work, but what about 95% and such?
At which point would it become ineffective?
And, more interestingly, would 99,9% make a tangible difference to "just" 99%, I wonder?

Regarding my flow-rate problem:
Maybe I should just buy a 2 Liter tank, turn the flow-meter to 5 LPM (from Argon to Helium that should be 15 LPM) and watch how long it takes to run empty.
I've kind of done that with the testing of the Exit Bags and trying different flow-rates, but that's actually made it more difficult to get a clear picture.
Just letting a smaller tank run completely through might give me the best idea where I actually am, I think ...
Nitrogen would be a smart move.
Since atmosphere is something like 78% nitrogen, the difference wouldn't be noticable.
The densities of Argon, Nitrogen and atmosphere are very close, making the flow meter settings not so important.
Helium is much lighter, causing flow meter accuracy problems.
Helium is currently scarce, causing a significant cost increase.

Yes :hug::heart:

Yup, i'd be rid of the flow-rate questions, which remain my main concern.
Would have to buy a new regulator/flow-meter though. Hmm.
Ideal flow-rate for Nitrogen is 20 to 25 LPM, iirc?
Nitrogen is not as light and therefore ideal as Helium, bus does not have the Argon heaviness problem, right?
Helium being so light was originally why I decided to use it - it's supposed to be the most effective at pushing the heavier CO2 down and out of the bag...

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
No, Nitrogen did not make me nauseous at all, just like breathing air
Thank you. Yeah I don't trust the Balloon Helium either. Since they do actually fill it up themselves, from what I understand, even that should most likely be fine, but yes it's not worth the risk.
I mean 99% and up should be no problem, 80% would definitely not work, but what about 95% and such?
And, more interestingly, would 99,9% make a tangible difference to "just" 99%, I wonder?

Regarding my flow-rate problem:
Maybe I should just buy a 2 Liter tank, turn the flow-meter to 5 LPM (from Argon to Helium that should be 15 LPM) and watch how long it takes to run empty.
I've kind of done that with the testing of the Exit Bags and trying different flow-rates, but that's actually made it more difficult to get a clear picture.
Just letting a smaller tank run completely through might give me the best idea where I actually am, I think ...

Yup, i'd be rid of the flow-rate questions, which remain my main concern.
Would have to buy a new regulator/flow-meter though. Hmm.
Ideal flow-rate for Nitrogen is 20 to 25 LPM, iirc?
Nitrogen is not as light and therefore ideal as Helium, bus does not have the Argon heaviness problem, right?
Helium being so light was originally why I decided to use it - it's supposed to be the most effective at pushing the heavier CO2 down and out of the bag...
Successful CTB's have been done with 15 LPM Nitrogen, but Vizzy set his at 20 LPM--My flowmeter goes from 15 to 25, not 20--But since I have a huge tank, I think I may go with 25 LPM
inert gases can make you sick and feel queasy after long exposure, nitrogen and helium less and argon and other inert gases more. But since it happens so quickly (if doing it correctly) you will not have time to become sick and other effects will become more prominent like shortness of breath and increased hearth rate.

I ate plenty of sugar before my many Nitrogen Tests, made no difference whatsoever, no feelings of nausea, suffocation, or claustrophobia, everthing was smooth as silk

Last edited:
  • Informative
limeoctave

limeoctave

Mar 24, 2024
Wouldn't the flow rate decrease over time as the pressure in the cylinder decreases?

But maybe you have a two stage regulator that seems to be better at maintaining pressure and flow.

But I don't know for sure if the flow rate decreases over time and how much, I just heard about it and was wondering. Does anyone know? Is it significant?

Elzar

Elzar

Feb 11, 2024
Successful CTB's have been done with 15 LPM Nitrogen, but Vizzy set his at 20 LPM--My flowmeter goes from 15 to 25, not 20--But since I have a huge tank, I think I may go with 25 LPM
What kind of Nitrogen flow-meter do have?
I haven't really looked into it (as I'm still leaning towards using Helium) but did not find "real" Nitrogen regulator, just the usual O2/Argon ones - which isn't a big problem in this case, because Nitrogen is much closer in terms of density, I guess?
Wouldn't the flow rate decrease over time as the pressure in the cylinder decreases?

But maybe you have a two stage regulator that seems to be better at maintaining pressure and flow.

But I don't know for sure if the flow rate decreases over time and how much, I just heard about it and was wondering. Does anyone know? Is it significant?
As far as I know the flow-rate should only really decrease right at the very end, when the tank is basically empty.
If one vs. two stage regulators make a difference in that regard I have no idea - I have one of those "floating ball" ones.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024

The human body has a marvelous survival instinct, even if our minds have given up the body will still continue to fight until it last breath. On that note we try to ensure a finite environment were the body cannot survive which is below 6% oxygen, the less oxygen the quicker the cells will die.

With a lesser pure inert gas than the recommended 97-98% it gives the body time to survive and prolonging ctb. Instead of the 12-15 min it takes normally it can take considerably longer as shown in the face mask case were a woman took 38 min to take her final breath. She successfully lost consciousness indicating her oxygen level was below 12% but not 0-2% like the others making her survive considerably longer. The same mechanics but the higher oxygen level slowed the rate of cell death.

She ultimately succeeded ctb but time is an issue here, if the gas would run out oxygen could replace the previous inert environment sustaining life which you possibly recovering with brain damage. Most setups don't have gas longer than 60 min so quickness is a factor to consider.

Can't image a significant difference between 99% pure to 99.9 %

IMG 1231

IMG 1228

The flow rate would be affected when the pressure is lower than the set operating pressure of the flowmeter, in my case something like 30 psi.

Last edited:
Elzar

Elzar

Feb 11, 2024
The human body has a marvelous survival instinct, even if our minds have given up the body will still continue to fight until it last breath. On that note we try to ensure a finite environment were the body cannot survive which is below 6% oxygen, the less oxygen the quicker the cells will die.

With a lesser pure inert gas than the recommended 97-98% it gives the body time to survive and prolonging ctb. Instead of the 12-15 min it takes normally it can take considerably longer as shown in the face mask case were a woman took 46 min to take her final breath. She successfully lost consciousness indicating her oxygen level was below 12% but not 0-2% like the others making her survive considerably longer. The same mechanics but the higher oxygen level slowed the rate of cell death.

She ultimately succeeded ctb but time is an issue here, if the gas would run out oxygen could replace the previous inert environment sustaining life which you possibly recovering with brain damage. Most setups don't have gas longer than 60 min so quickness is a factor to consider.
Very interesting. Gas running out before I have successfully ctb'd is my biggest fear.

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
Very interesting. Gas running out before I have successfully ctb'd is my biggest fear.
A closed circuit system like scuba/scba or any other method which doesn't allow air in the system would provide a failsafe, were when out of gas ordinary suffocation would commence. Or get a larger supply of inert gas, 10 liter cylinder with 200 bar would last you hour and a half at 20/lpm but still be manageable to move the cylinder around.

Reactions: Elzar
Elzar

Elzar

Feb 11, 2024
Or get a larger supply of inert gas, 10 liter cylinder with 200 bar would last you hour and a half at 20/lpm but still be manageable to move the cylinder around.

That's exactly what I'm planning to get. Just a little torn if it's going to be Helium again or if I should switch to Nitrogen.
I did look at the Neptune 3 initially but ultimately decided against it, because it seemed too complicated for me.
Which is probably not even true, but I have so little free time and very little energy when I do have time... making an Exit Bag and buying a Helium tank seemed much simpler...

Last edited:
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
What kind of Nitrogen flow-meter do have?
I haven't really looked into it (as I'm still leaning towards using Helium) but did not find "real" Nitrogen regulator, just the usual O2/Argon ones - which isn't a big problem in this case, because Nitrogen is much closer in terms of density, I guess?

As far as I know the flow-rate should only really decrease right at the very end, when the tank is basically empty.
If one vs. two stage regulators make a difference in that regard I have no idea - I have one of those "floating ball" ones.
Click style flowmeter/Regulator

I have a huge 3500 Liter Nitrogen Tank--Despite the PSI dropping from 2200 to 1600 after two years, there is still enough Nitrogen to kill me over 10 times

• Informative
limeoctave

limeoctave

Mar 24, 2024
I have a huge 3500 Liter Nitrogen Tank--Despite the PSI dropping from 2200 to 1600 after two years, there is still enough Nitrogen to kill me over 10 times
I mean, in the process of working, when the regulator is working and the tank is open, how fast will the flow rate decrease and how much? and will it decrease at all?

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I mean, in the process of working, when the regulator is working and the tank is open, how fast will the flow rate decrease and how much? and will it decrease at all?
I haven't read of any instance or circumstance where the flow rate would ever decrease

limeoctave

limeoctave

Mar 24, 2024
The flow rate would be affected when the pressure is lower than the set operating pressure of the flowmeter, in my case something like 30 psi.
Thanks for the clarification. Are you using nitrogen? and what is the flow rate in your case — if the operating pressure is 30 psi?

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
Thanks for the clarification. Are you using nitrogen? and what is the flow rate in your case — if the operating pressure is 30 psi?
I'm using nitrogen and the flowmeter is set at 20/lpm. The psi may be higher maybe 40-50 psi I don't know exactly but it's pretty low. The flowmeter wouldn't be affected until the cylinder is almost empty.

• Informative
limeoctave

limeoctave

Mar 24, 2024
I'm using nitrogen and the flowmeter is set at 20/lpm. The psi may be higher maybe 40-50 psi I don't know exactly but it's pretty low. The flowmeter wouldn't be affected until the cylinder is almost empty.
sounds good, thank you

Justnotme

Justnotme

Mar 7, 2022
Click style flowmeter/Regulator

And how could the pressure in the cylinder decrease? After all, the cylinder is filled with gas at a pressure of 150 bar or 200 bar, for example ...
And it turns out that the amount of gas in the cylinder should change if you use it, but not the pressure under which this gas was pumped into the cylinder